EA Forums - Banner

Rerun Machine - would you like story "reruns" instead of random tasks?

Interesting idea...that might be a nice refresher and certainly is less annoying to do than the random 1-hour and 24-hour tasks.

Replies

• aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Wouldn't it be more annoying to tap through the dialogue though?
    It would be in my opinion anyway. And I wouldn't want the good jokes to become annoying and over used either.

• patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I would like that- sometimes I'm in too much of a hurry the first time through.
  • ZennGlenn
    1690 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Sort of interesting & could be cool to see a random 'Rerunator'...
    Always dig more Frink creations; better yet would love to see another Futurama little cameo, this time by Farnsworth offering Frink a part he needs to complete his new device :!: :mrgreen:

...Also always good to see more new tasks, especially for characters that don't have enough, like Mr.Teeny 8)
  • johncolombo
    11111 posts Senior Moderator
    edited November 2014
    patzmcm wrote:
    I would like that- sometimes I'm in too much of a hurry the first time through.

For any dialogue that you miss you can Google the level and find the story line. I think simsonwiki?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited November 2014
    No. The random tasks shouldn't be replaced with something even more onerous. They should just take the random tasks away forever.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Wouldn't it be more annoying to tap through the dialogue though?
    It would be in my opinion anyway. And I wouldn't want the good jokes to become annoying and over used either.

I believe he means an intro to the machine and what it does. It would pop up when you log on. :-)

Great idea!
  • furrykiltman
    660 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    amcevil wrote:
    No. The random tasks shouldn't be replaced with something even more onerous. They should just take the random tasks away forever.

Totally agree with this. There is a glitch with Krusty walking Mr Teeney, the random task doesn't register it. Seems that someone didn't update the task now actually has Mr Teeney. With Mr Teeney in inventory, the task is locked. When assigned, the task bar doesn't register it. Gives the "do it" box, that when clicked, shows the task in progress. Can't seem to find the EA site to report it on my phone, think it is on my laptop.
  • barszap785
    454 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I also find the random tasks annoying. But the rerun idea is interesting. I think rather than just running through old quests with the dialog it would be fun if it would randomly have you redo old tasks that were visual but only available once during a quest or were limited time. That way we'd randomly get to see old tasks that we normally wouldn't have access to anymore but not have to go through a whole quest again with all the dialog and stuff.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!