EA Forums - Banner

Things I Am Thankful For

5PtBuck wrote:
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'd like to mention 6 things that I'm thankful for that are TSTO-related.
1. The Simpsons (the show). I'd like thank Matt Groening and everyone involved in creating this show. I was about 10 when The Show first debuted and I can't explain how much it influenced my childhood and my sense of humor.
2. TSTO. I started playing around February and I'd like to thank the creators of the game, EA, and all of the employees who continuously contribute to a great game. It amazes me that they are willing offer so much free content and in my opinion you can thoroughly enjoy this game without spending a dime. Also thank you for free Thanksgiving donuts (hint, hint :wink: ).
3. Premium Players. Without you, financially challenged players like me couldn't enjoy this game.
4. Forum Members. Even though I haven't posted much, I've followed the forums a lot and it's a great source of information. Also very entertaining at times.
5. My Neighbors. Thanks for those neighbors who always click on my town and help me out with events.
6. My Wife. She doesn't play TSTO but doesn't complain that I spend too much time playing. She also did her best to watch over my town when I was out of town and couldn't play for a week during the Halloween event. I wasn't able to get the Donut Torture Device, but I didn't lose any neighbors so I was happy.

Feel free to add on. I'd like to hear what others are thankful for. Doesn't have to be TSTO-related.

Hello and welcome to the forum. This is a nice post. Again, welcome to the forum and happy tapping

Replies

• roxypup
    313 posts
    edited November 2014
    Finding random donuts in neighbor towns :D
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Yes I like this game a lot, helps me to relax, except with the evil wheels/boxes. Crossing my fingers they never come back.

Looking forward to the pixelated snow and hopefully a Gil donut sale of, at least, a 25% discount. :mrgreen:
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited November 2014
    i am thankful for not being dead, i am * poor, no GF so eally have nothing else to be thankfull for.
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    A nice idea for a thread. I, too, am thankful for my neighbors, and since I don't want to lose them, I'll add that they are clever, creative, and (I assume) fabulously attractive. I'm also thankful for those who take the time to post helpful info on this forum.
  • tommy1724
    1969 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    5PtBuck wrote:
    In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'd like to mention 6 things that I'm thankful for that are TSTO-related.
    1. The Simpsons (the show). I'd like thank Matt Groening and everyone involved in creating this show. I was about 10 when The Show first debuted and I can't explain how much it influenced my childhood and my sense of humor.
    2. TSTO. I started playing around February and I'd like to thank the creators of the game, EA, and all of the employees who continuously contribute to a great game. It amazes me that they are willing offer so much free content and in my opinion you can thoroughly enjoy this game without spending a dime. Also thank you for free Thanksgiving donuts (hint, hint :wink: ).
    3. Premium Players. Without you, financially challenged players like me couldn't enjoy this game.
    4. Forum Members. Even though I haven't posted much, I've followed the forums a lot and it's a great source of information. Also very entertaining at times.
    5. My Neighbors. Thanks for those neighbors who always click on my town and help me out with events.
    6. My Wife. She doesn't play TSTO but doesn't complain that I spend too much time playing. She also did her best to watch over my town when I was out of town and couldn't play for a week during the Halloween event. I wasn't able to get the Donut Torture Device, but I didn't lose any neighbors so I was happy.

Feel free to add on. I'd like to hear what others are thankful for. Doesn't have to be TSTO-related.

Not much to add to that - very well said! Even though we Canadians aren't officially celebrating thanksgiving this week, this thread is much appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving, Yankee neighboureenos!

Oh yeah, also thankful for the most entertaining team in the NBA! LET'S GO, RAPTORS!
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited November 2014
    tommy1724 wrote:
    5PtBuck wrote:

Not much to add to that - very well said! Even though we Canadians aren't officially celebrating thanksgiving this week, this thread is much appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving, Yankee neighboureenos!

Oh yeah, also thankful for the most entertaining team in the NBA! LET'S GO, RAPTORS!
    lol if i had the money i would celabrate every holiday of every country of every religion so i could have an excuse to drink and smoke every day, and skip work if had a job (thats considering if i became ritch)
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Only TSTO? That's fine with me but you know... :lol:
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    My two children, my girlfriend, my job, my forum friends... I have a lot to be thankful for. Many people who give my life richer.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Among many many other things, that I am literate and able to type on a keyboard!

:D
  • roxypup
    313 posts
    edited November 2014
    I am thankful for the raccoon in the sweater. I love that thing!
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    What a nice thread! I am thankful for:

1. The fact that this game exists and has such a large extent of content to keep us occupied.
    2. The 100+ free donuts that I was able to obtain during the THOH event!\
    3. The upcoming Christmas event - I love the snow in our towns (for a short time anyway)
    4. The ability to enjoy a game that encourages creativity and allows us to enjoy our fellow players' creativity.
    5. U.B.O. - I've had him for a few weeks now but still love seeing that glowing green friend every time I visit my town.
    6. The active online forum that allows us to interact more extensively with our fellow players.
    7. A way to connect with people in real life - I was playing TSTO in a coffee shop a few months ago and was approached by someone who recognized the game and plays it herself, and we spent about 15 minutes showing each other our Springfields and are now in-game friends.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm thankful that I have the means to enjoy simple pleasures like playing TSTO.
  • adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Nice thread OP.

I am thankful for every day that I can wake up and walk, see, hear, smell, taste, feel and laugh.

(That and a whole heap of other stuff that mostly has to do with comics and films)
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Great thread! I'm thankful for all you posted, plus getting to look at some really cool towns. There are a lot of creative folks out there with really good ideas.

Also, I'm grateful for my first grandson, born on the 21st! I got to witness the whole thing.
  • barryriddl474
    4856 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I am thankful my avatar is toilet trained and has rarely pee'd on another forum members' leg without being asked by me first.
    I am thankful for the members here who are helpful and courteous as well as my neighbors who inspire me to improve.
    I am thankful for the fact the game seems to be going strong and will be around for a while.
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm thankful for my forum friends :D
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I am thankful for the new dollar menu at Taco Bell!
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Grateful for the free Thanksgiving table and it looks like it has permanent tasks for Lisa and Flanders!

The free building of Stomach Staplers is great, the 6second build time a bonus as well

Giles has a few good deals too. Thanks EA!

Hopefully the snow together with the Christam update arrives soon. After the surprise tomorrow........

:D
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.