EA Forums - Banner

Black Friday = Best sale ever!

Replies

• jamcec720
    77 posts
    edited November 2014
    I like the black Friday deal I just wish I had enough Donuts for Frink and his lab. I am 6 short.
    I am considering buying Otto or Natural History Museum and Jimbo
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    jamcec720 wrote:
    I like the black Friday deal I just wish I had enough Donuts for Frink and his lab. I am 6 short.

Remember though you have to buy the items at full price then they give you the donuts back as the discount
  • jamcec720
    77 posts
    edited November 2014
    I know, thanks.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited November 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    For people like myself that don't buy every premium item available as soon as they come out this is an amazing sale.
    I had 420 donuts saved up before this sale. I can already see spending them all on the great deals.
    I just got the rich Texan and have set a timer on my phone for Sherri and Terri.
    After that I don't know what I will get but I think I can get Jimbo and then one character and building combo which I am leaning towards the cat lady or disco Stu. Probably Stu because I have the stonecutter outfit for him.

I think this is really stupid of EA. There are definitely some things I would have considered getting with my saved donuts, but I dont even know when this started, or what prizes I have already missed as I wasnt on when it did start. The only thing I think I may want is Manjula as she will have quests with Apu and the octuplets but I am not getting up at 3 in the morning for it....

People do need to work and sleep etc. Why would EA do something that will guarantee that people wont be spending.

Idiotic!

Well if you want a deal enough you would be willing to set a timer and wake up for 2 minutes and get your deal then go back to sleep.

The point I was trying to make was that you cannot always be available to jump online - especially at work - and having a one hour window to get what you want may not be enough, in which case you wont spend the donuts and EA miss out. Thats all.

They don't want everyone to take the deal, duh.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I think it's a decent sale, and I have set a timer to buy the bowlorama

however...I think I am completely discouraged to ever buy a regular item unless it's on sale...I really regret spending around 400 donuts recently when I could have just waited a few months for a deal

the way to be premium in this game is
    1) buy a boatload for Christmas when on sale
    2) only buy regular items when on sale
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    For people like myself that don't buy every premium item available as soon as they come out this is an amazing sale.
    I had 420 donuts saved up before this sale. I can already see spending them all on the great deals.
    I just got the rich Texan and have set a timer on my phone for Sherri and Terri.
    After that I don't know what I will get but I think I can get Jimbo and then one character and building combo which I am leaning towards the cat lady or disco Stu. Probably Stu because I have the stonecutter outfit for him.

I think this is really stupid of EA. There are definitely some things I would have considered getting with my saved donuts, but I dont even know when this started, or what prizes I have already missed as I wasnt on when it did start. The only thing I think I may want is Manjula as she will have quests with Apu and the octuplets but I am not getting up at 3 in the morning for it....

People do need to work and sleep etc. Why would EA do something that will guarantee that people wont be spending.

Idiotic!

Well if you want a deal enough you would be willing to set a timer and wake up for 2 minutes and get your deal then go back to sleep.

I dont think its stupid at all. You may have it on sale at 3am in the morning, but the next time its on sale will be 3 pm.
    Surely thats doable.

There are ways to get around almost anything. Even if you are at work. Just take a break during that hour even if its just a bathroom break. Be creative. Dont blame EA's amazing sale because the times arent convenient for you the first time around. It all comes down to..how much do you want item X and what will you do for it? I personally bought the
    rich texan at 5am this morning and then went back to sleep.

• organizmx66
    515 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Not such a great sale for folk like me that do buy and spend doughnuts on premium items as they come up. There is simply nothing new on offer.
    Yes, I appreciate that I get to sleep through the night whilst everyone else has to slide out of bed at 0300 to buy Lard Lad or whatever, but absolutely nothing new ?
    The only thing I didn't get in time was Krustys Mansion and I don't see that anywhere.
    Bah humbug !

Yep...unless I'm missing something here, this is a sucky sale for folks who do buy all the premium items. There is not one thing in this rebate sale that is new for me.
    D'oh!!
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Not such a great sale for folk like me that do buy and spend doughnuts on premium items as they come up. There is simply nothing new on offer.
    Yes, I appreciate that I get to sleep through the night whilst everyone else has to slide out of bed at 0300 to buy Lard Lad or whatever, but absolutely nothing new ?
    The only thing I didn't get in time was Krustys Mansion and I don't see that anywhere.
    Bah humbug !

Yep...unless I'm missing something here, this is a sucky sale for folks who do buy all the premium items. There is not one thing in this rebate sale that is new for me.

Wait till monday. There just might be something new :-)
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    jamcec720 wrote:

Remember though you have to buy the items at full price then they give you the donuts back as the discount

That's the problem I'm having. I have enough to get the discounted price on Frink's lab, but not enough to buy it at full price and get a rebate of donuts.

I guess EA wants us to buy more donuts.
  • organizmx66
    515 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Bah humbug !

Wait till monday. There just might be something new :-)

I'm sure there will be more to come, just a wee bit bummed that I'm not seeing Springfield falls! It is one of the only things I don't have :cry:
    D'oh!!
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Just got Sherri and Terri and set a timer for 5 hours to buy Jimbo
  • hrcanejane365
    123 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I guess if you already have Sherri & Terri and Jimbo, they aren't on your list. I bought them a while back for Halloween and don't see them on my list. The next thing is Lugash's and it isn't for another 40 min or so. So, right now I have no specials that I can buy.
  • elmalynn
    253 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    jamcec720 wrote:

You could buy a golden scratcher, I'm pretty sure the minimum number of donuts you can win is 6.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    elmalynn wrote:
    jamcec720 wrote:

You could buy a golden scratcher, I'm pretty sure the minimum number of donuts you can win is 6.

True just make sure you have enough for the full price of the item not the discounted price. You have to buy the item at full price then they give you a donut refund.
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Sorry, must disagree about being the best sale ever. I have EVERYTHING that is being offered for the sale, so don't get to enjoy it & wish I wasn't forced to see it since there is nothing I need.

It would have been the best sale if they had things that I don't have like the flower shop, ice cream palour, Mapple or othe limited building before this Easter. Yeah, disappointed in my first Black Friday event.

To be clear, not complaining. Just sharing my issue & thoughts. Still LOVE the game.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Homer807 wrote:
    All prizes will appear 4 times each rotating all weeknd and monday :)
    no only once
    Homer807 wrote:
    Bah humbug !

+1. Kind of lame for players that already have the items, they could have at least brought back 1 old item. Oh well, I guess I'll save my donuts for Christmas. :)

*hint hint* gil on monday *hint*
    no it'll be a new item only
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    Thread title is best sale ever when it is actually the worst lol the deals are 20-25% discount. Last year we had 30% and the year before it was 40 or 50% donut discount
    Yup, there were some much better donut deals back in the good days.
    I miss them.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited November 2014
    Homer807 wrote:
    All prizes will appear 4 times each rotating all weeknd and monday :)
    no only once
    Homer807 wrote:
    Bah humbug !

+1. Kind of lame for players that already have the items, they could have at least brought back 1 old item. Oh well, I guess I'll save my donuts for Christmas. :)

*hint hint* gil on monday *hint*
    no it'll be a new item only

there's another thread that shows prizes rotating through more than once. Is that not the case?
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    the rotation ends at 8 am GMT on monday when the new item is released then
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • mgarbis00
    61 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Was hoping for items from the stupid wheels of Christmas and Easter- snow monster and Sheri bobbins! Stuff I can get anytime isn't that exciting limited stuff I missed mixed in would be better.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.