• jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited November 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:
    the rotation ends at 8 am GMT on monday when the new item is released then

So the items do appear more than once?
    only twice.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10236668.page

Thanks. It was confusing when you responded "only once" on that other comment, so I wasn't sure which was correct.
  • jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Had 575 donuts, just purchased Manjula. It's gonna be such a great weekend if your a non-completonist premium tapper like me! :D
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Agreed! :thumbup:
  • thatdonald845
    1606 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I wonder if this will end on a unanimous high? Monday could see a cyber sale of cash items. Hopefully not brown fences and large shrubs at unbeatably low prices. It would be a good day to release speculated re-releases for in-game cash.
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I liked the Homer-Gil banter about the rebate. Homer questioned Gil why he needs 10 donuts to buy an 8 donut sale item. So the sale/rebate still makes buying stuff hard - you need the original donut price to buy in the first place. :lol:
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Oh yeah, I bought Chester Lampwick. I'll buy the Kang topiary too and probably the candy, puppy and fireworks store. Not sure bout the whale although I've always really wanted it.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Consumerism at its best! I bought three items I wanted, but had no intent to purchase, just because they were on sale! Got cheater lampwick, Jimbo and disco stew.
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I think to almost get anything (you pick) at a discount and not a package deal is the best so far. It would be nice if they bought back some limited items for sale though.
  • vic147
    624 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    To me it was meh, only thing I needed was the fireworks, candy and puppy store, I'm still
    not sure about the whale, I stil have 57 minutes to decide.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Just caved and finally got the whale. I have one neighbour who has three of them, and I admittedly always play with them in her Springfield so I decided that it was finally time to get my own (rebated) whale. Neighbours - please feel free to play with the whale if you decide you don't want to get one for yourself... :D
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    suetopia wrote:
    Just caved and finally got the whale. I have one neighbour who has three of them, and I admittedly always play with them in her Springfield so I decided that it was finally time to get my own (rebated) whale. Neighbours - please feel free to play with the whale if you decide you don't want to get one for yourself... :D

I caved and did the same. I waited a long time for the price to come down and with the 80 donuts rebate, I couldn't resist.

nkfUoctl.png

YAY!
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:

I caved and did the same. I waited a long time for the price to come down and with the 80 donuts rebate, I couldn't resist.

nkfUoctl.png

YAY!

Yes - the rebate made it more tempting, indeed! :-)
  • vic147
    624 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Well, I cave in and got the whale, didn't noticed a lot of increase on the payout.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I think I'll get the rich Texan too. Good deal.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I think I am done with the sale.
    I got the rich Texan, Sherri and Terri, Jimbo, and disco stu.
    Now I only have 50 donuts left.
  • tcmcanuck
    18 posts
    edited November 2014
    I picked up Miss. Springfield, Kamp Krusty and Film Set which I could have done without but thought I better while they were on sale. Have everything else.
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    For people like myself that don't buy every premium item available as soon as they come out this is an amazing sale.
    I had 420 donuts saved up before this sale. I can already see spending them all on the great deals.
    I just got the rich Texan and have set a timer on my phone for Sherri and Terri.
    After that I don't know what I will get but I think I can get Jimbo and then one character and building combo which I am leaning towards the cat lady or disco Stu. Probably Stu because I have the stonecutter outfit for him.

I think this is really stupid of EA. There are definitely some things I would have considered getting with my saved donuts, but I dont even know when this started, or what prizes I have already missed as I wasnt on when it did start. The only thing I think I may want is Manjula as she will have quests with Apu and the octuplets but I am not getting up at 3 in the morning for it....

People do need to work and sleep etc. Why would EA do something that will guarantee that people wont be spending.

Idiotic!

Well if you want a deal enough you would be willing to set a timer and wake up for 2 minutes and get your deal then go back to sleep.

Glad I'm not the only one setting the alarm clock every couple of hours! Lol
  • xamovo
    296 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I'd buy a lot more (Rich Texan, volcano lair), but I don't have Barney and even with a discount, he's going to eat huge chunk out of my donuts, and I want to have some around for Christmas. I spent so many on Halloween that I just can't buy everything and will just cross my fingers there'll be a good Gil deal on something later on.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.