EA Forums - Banner

Device and lag question

Prev1
iPad mini (2nd gen) and no lag :)

Replies

• brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited December 2014
    IPad mini, lots of lag since the last update.
  • xLiMiiiTzx
    45 posts
    edited December 2014
    Using Samsung S3, get a massive amount of lag when scrolling/assigning characters when characters are not on tasks. The more characters are not on tasks the worse it is. No lag what so ever until I assign a character to a task then it locks up for a couple of seconds each time
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I have a Galaxy S4 and I was experiencing lag until yesterday's update. My phone is excellent for everything else, but I almost always seem to have one problem or another with this game, and according to EA, it's my device's fault (naturally, even though new issues only ever happen after an update). I never get the fun glitches either, like infinite event currency or "I signed in and the donuts I just spent came back!" It's usually excessive crashing or ground-cover freeze-ups.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Also an iPad 2. I have a bit of lag when scrolling around town, but that's it. No lag for setting tasks or for visiting neighbors (except a couple with huge towns). Oh, and sometimes it'll lag when I'm collecting lots of money.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • billdoors1533
    303 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Samsung tab S 8.4 no lag no glitches I also use a Samsung S4 when I am out and about which is fast and without lag the only thing I had with that was the recorded glitch where it crashed when switching to tap friends sometimes.
  • jtgoose
    23 posts
    edited December 2014
    I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and I get lag but at random times. It is not constant. The Note 4 is a brand new phone only been out a couple months. Before this I was using an iPhone 5 with no lag at all.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    xLiMiiiTzx wrote:
    Using Samsung S3, get a massive amount of lag when scrolling/assigning characters when characters are not on tasks. The more characters are not on tasks the worse it is. No lag what so ever until I assign a character to a task then it locks up for a couple of seconds each time

I have the exact same symptoms. I'm on an iPad 4th gen.
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited December 2014
    Nexus 5: no lag.
    Windows emulator: no lag.
  • blackgryphon9999
    675 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I use an iPad Air and have never experienced any lag. However, I don't have a lot of stuff on the device (no music or videos and very few apps). I'm wondering if the amount of free memory has something to do with the lag. The more free memory you have, the more the game can cache on your device. This cuts down on the number of times the device has to fetch things from the server.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Could you add "multiple devices" to the poll.

I just tested again, sent 4characters on 45-second tasks, and here is what I get.

IPad (I think it's second generation but might be third) - definite town-wide screen freeze for about 4seconds when assigning/clearing tasks.

Samsung Galaxy III-- same as iPad, but at least 10 seconds

Nexus 7-- same as the others, but has been at LEAST 15 seconds for a long time now. For my 3rdcharacter just now it froze for almost a minute, and crashed on the 4th.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • ColourfulxRain
    16 posts
    edited December 2014
    Samsung Galaxy S3, Not really having any lag. Now and then of course like all games.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    A ton of lag on my tablet (android)! :roll:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited December 2014
    I play on the iPhone5 with no lag apart from the freezing when i tap on the cletus kids apart from that it all good in the hood :D
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    My iPad 2 freezes for about a half of a second every time I send a character on a tasks. Quite annoying, so now I play almost exclusively on my iPhone 6. Redesigning is done on my table still. Even though there is still a slight lag when placing pavement/rivers/roads, but it's much better the previously.
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    iPhone 5s, the lag time in scrolling the town has been since phase II of THOH
  • joniferous
    513 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 (so therefore Android phone) and I've been having lag since the Halloween takedown. I told EA and after the usual un/re-install/clear-cache advice (which didn't work) they said the only other option was to reset my town to before the lag started.
    Naturally I asked if that would mean losing my progress, and therefore Thanksgiving progress etc, and they said yes, and wouldn't be able to get it back for me, it would be gone forever.
    So I am coping with lag, hoping the Xmas update comes soon and fixes the lag with it!
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I first started playing on an android phone, but quickly went to a B&N Nook HD Plus (primarily to try and save my eyesight). Neither device had too much trouble until my town became large and I had all the premium characters and buildings. At some point earlier this year the game became virtually unplayable due to the lag and frequent crashes, so I used that as an excuse to purchase an Ipad Air, which to this day has caused me little or no trouble (this post better not jinx that!!).

I tend to believe the lag issue has much to do with processor and free memory (not free storage).
  • 112789b
    158 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Lag on iphone 5s since blood removal on logo update during halloween
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    Ipad 2 is experiencing a lag during seeing characters to tasks. Of course the problem might be the 5700 decorations. :roll:
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited December 2014
    I use an iPad Air and have never experienced any lag. However, I don't have a lot of stuff on the device (no music or videos and very few apps). I'm wondering if the amount of free memory has something to do with the lag. The more free memory you have, the more the game can cache on your device. This cuts down on the number of times the device has to fetch things from the server.

I have an Air - I only get slight lag. The lag comes when the character completes a task (end animation), or sometimes scrolling through the town. My Air has nearly nothing on it just like a screen of smaller apps (FGQFS is the only other game).

But I'm thinking it's because I'm a completionist, and that it requires 5000 some decorations (over the limit)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.