OCD

Prev1
MUST. HAVE. EVERYTHING.

Replies

• durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    1Mastiff wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone has some OCD when it comes to the game, I just managed to get 13 mill exactly!! (To be honest I noticed I was close to it and chose the buildings with low amounts, so it was with abit of luck I got it exactly)

[url]WPFHuqAl.jpg[/url]

My OCD in the game comes in the form of parking lots. I have to have a parking lot for any restaurant or business in the game. If I don't have room for a parking lot, I put parking meters instead. :lol:
  • Timdametsfan
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I have almost 12 mill
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    1Mastiff wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone has some OCD when it comes to the game, I just managed to get 13 mill exactly!! (To be honest I noticed I was close to it and chose the buildings with low amounts, so it was with abit of luck I got it exactly)

[url]WPFHuqAl.jpg[/url]

Wow. Nice one.

I'd never thought of trying to do that. If and when I get to $22 million, I'll aim for hitting $22,222,222 ... And then screencapping it. Though I'm certain I'll forget to watch that number ...
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • milkaholic991
    64 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I have an OCD with things overshadowing others! I love the skyscrapers and the massive escalator, etc. but for the life of me I CANNOT let them overshadow ANYTHING. It irks me right now that my King Homer's Skyscraper slightly overlaps the Springfield Post Office but I haven't had the time to move my downtown avenue away from the public buildings area.. eye twitches ensue
  • 1Mastiff
    184 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I have an OCD with things overshadowing others! I love the skyscrapers and the massive escalator, etc. but for the life of me I CANNOT let them overshadow ANYTHING. It irks me right now that my King Homer's Skyscraper slightly overlaps the Springfield Post Office but I haven't had the time to move my downtown avenue away from the public buildings area.. eye twitches ensue

Wow, I must say I am glad I don't have this, don't think I could design my town otherwise, my hat goes of to you designing yours with no overlaps!!!
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    1Mastiff wrote:

[url]WPFHuqAl.jpg[/url]

It's things like, why don't you have Flanders house next to the Simpsons house that trigger my OCD.
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    1Mastiff wrote:

[url]WPFHuqAl.jpg[/url]

It's things like, why don't you have Flanders house next to the Simpsons house that trigger my OCD.

That road next to the Simpsons house is really bothering me.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    MUST. HAVE. EVERYTHING.
    Gosh... Same here. Lol
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I agree the road to nowhere is a problem, along with every house having a fence. Hopefully it's just a small subdivision where every house is required to have the same fence per the homeowners association.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Nice one Mastiff on being able to get the exact figure with the money :D
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    :thumbup:
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited December 2014
    kind of like i need certain buildings located exaclty where they are in the show like Moe's and King Toots
    Skip's diner and Android's Dungeon

and Evergreen Terrace
    kfkYPTil.png
    Replaced regular Brown House with Cool Brown House
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    My OCD in the game comes in the form of parking lots. I have to have a parking lot for any restaurant or business in the game. If I don't have room for a parking lot, I put parking meters instead. :lol:
    As a space saving alternative you could group your businesses and just make a couple of parking lots. That's how two of the small towns I live near have handled their parking problems.
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited December 2014

Same for me. I have to have a sense of reality to my town. For example, can a full sized garbage truck access every dumpster in my town? Yes.

EDIT: After further review, I have found some structures in my town without parking (like the prison, which is enclosed in double high fencing and 3/4 surrounded by water) AND some of my buildings have a common parking lot. ***Rushes off to make more adjustments***

Same for me. When I had my skyscrapers out, I designed it to where nothing was blocked whatsoever.
    Btw, I build very large Star Wars dioramas for fun, and no item is blocked, when viewing, by another item. If I hang a ship, I'll return to the viewing point, and readjust 10 times if needed. It bugged me reading that you blocked your post office, lol. Really. :lol:

That road next to the Simpsons house is really bothering me.

Again, same for me.

I have all of these and more, but not the "even money/number" OCD. My son has that, haha. Can't play poker with uneven stacks.

Nice screencap and topic, OP.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    You people would HATE my towns. I just cram everything in wherever I can fit it. Although I do have Flanders and the Simpson's house next door to each other - otherwise it would just be WRONG.

My OCD doesn't work with numbers. But it irks me that all my dollar signs don't line up because the buildings aren't all the same size. Maybe when I've racked up some money and can buy some more land...

I currenyly only have $75542 and am saving for the Crypto Barn.
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    wadebear wrote:
    I just cram everything in wherever I can fit it.

If I may ask you, as I have wanted to ask this since originally acquiring neighbors, why?
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    wadebear wrote:
    I just cram everything in wherever I can fit it.

If I may ask you, as I have wanted to ask this since originally acquiring neighbors, why?

Why not?
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Why not? Does this really need to be explained?

You're given the chance to make your own Springfield why would anyone even download much less play the game if just to be lazy and throw building together. If the player is young I'd understand but otherwise why even play?
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Why not? Does this really need to be explained?

You're given the chance to make your own Springfield why would anyone even download much less play the game if just to be lazy and throw building together. If the player is young I'd understand but otherwise why even play?

Why does it matter how someone else's town looks? Why does it concern you that they design a specific way that makes sense to them? Why does it matter how they go about designing? What makes you think it isn't going to be fully designed in the future?

Simply put, what business is it of anyone else how someone arranges their town? Are people so obsessed with the game that they are going to criticize another town because they don't like how it loos?
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Who said it concerned me? Notice the question asked above, see answer to said question below it.

I'm sorry what's the name of this thread again??

Anyone?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.