EA Forums - Banner

Fix the Servers!

This is likely due to the fact that this update is massive. I just got a new android device Monday and the game files were just over 1000 mb. The new update topped 500 mb which was startling considering that's more that the entire game on ios.

Replies

• ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    working fine for me.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Still doesn't work! :roll:
  • Savage_Craggle
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Tell me about it, these servers are killing me. I blew up my town late yesterday for something to do before the xmas update as I thought we had a couple of days till it arrived and already had most of my new town planned. Now not only have EA given us the update earlier than I thought but the servers are so bad I can hardly connect so it's taking me even longer to finish. Just need a couple of hours then I'll be done and can update like everyone else :(
  • robm978
    315 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    It may be a couple of hours before we're done downloading this update, unless it's just me. My IPad has been at it for a half hour already and I'm not nearly done. And I have super fast download speeds.
  • Savage_Craggle
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    robm978 wrote:
    It may be a couple of hours before we're done downloading this update, unless it's just me. My IPad has been at it for a half hour already and I'm not nearly done. And I have super fast download speeds.

Wow that really sucks, it's going to be ages before I get to play the event. Want to finish my town before I update but haven't even managed to log in since I posted that last message :(
  • Snakeyees
    2321 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Works fine here
  • beanbean110
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I want my update!!! I select update and it loads the game without updating?!?!?!??????!!!!! Argh. I've been waiting and waiting for this.

Oh thank you jebus!!! It just popped up. Now if only the you shop was finished. I'll get some rest before I'm busy with the christmas tasks.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I haven't been able to get game updates to download on Android for some time. Sometimes they'll download for a bit, then hit a wall and refuse to budge. New version hasn't changed that.
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    This is likely due to the fact that this update is massive. I just got a new android device Monday and the game files were just over 1000 mb. The new update topped 500 mb which was startling considering that's more that the entire game on ios.

Your iOS device must not have a Retina screen. The size of the game is larger when you need the higher quality graphic files.
  • PogingZoveel
    18 posts
    edited December 2014
    In thought iT was strange That I didnt get any of maybe just 1or2 tasks. Now I understand That theres been an update? An xmas update? I play Every day on my iPad air and always have all my characters free at THE same time but UP UNTIL NOW NO UPDATE!!

When I switch from KL to town, it often crashes. when I visit friends, iT often crashes. But just now I tot THE message that friend x has newer content: please update. Clicking Yes does not do anything!

Anyone any suggestions?!
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited December 2014
    In thought iT was strange That I didnt get any of maybe just 1or2 tasks. Now I understand That theres been an update? An xmas update? I play Every day on my iPad air and always have all my characters free at THE same time but UP UNTIL NOW NO UPDATE!!

When I switch from KL to town, it often crashes. when I visit friends, iT often crashes. But just now I tot THE message that friend x has newer content: please update. Clicking Yes does not do anything!

Anyone any suggestions?!
    Not ingame update, check your appstore.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!