EA Forums - Banner

Christmas: what I know so far *Spoilers,Warnings&Chart*

Prev13
I just got 60 presents (first 10 towns, 3 taps per town, 2 presents each) and then 85 presents (3 taps per town, 1 present each, so around 30 next towns because I probably tapped on elf houses, the Xmas tree and the present depot by mistake)

Things I noticed, the Halloween Regelian Hut had cash over it in towns with presents elsewhere as did the Black Box Bar (so I assume these wouldn't produce presents either) (as did Channel 6, the drive in theatre so the famlike things)

Thanks for the beginning timelines

Replies

• larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Door 2 gives me the christmas brown house. Can I still get the burns mansion skin?
    Samething for door 3, it gives me Christmas depot, can I still get the fat Tony mansion skin
  • Frimar21
    269 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    thanks a lot, and thanks mostly for this:

"Important Thing to remember: the building sand decorations which give you christmas currency aka presents will not give you ANY presents at a neighbour's town. That means that stay away from the trees, the deposit and the elf house! "

• rsava2449
    121 posts
    edited December 2014
    I completed Tunnel 3 from the elf cave and got the christmas depot (metal looking tree). Are the prizes different based on what we already have?
  • 0ReganPOOP
    193 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I still don't have the Elf Cave... who triggers this??

Edit - nm, Homer triggers it. He was busy doing a King Winter quest.
  • stonewheel603
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    What is the Elf cave and Elf house?
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014

I had almost all the the lights since Christmas 2012. I bought Frink afterwards so for Christmas 2013 I got his lights for 10 donuts. My options were also different for the Simpsons snowmen I had since 2012 in 2013. That being said it is very probable (I’d go so far as say sure) that the players who don’t have something since last year they will get it through the same means as we get the new things. Unfortunately I’m not sure on whether for you the 2014 decorations your doors skip will be given for free, cash or will be available for donuts at some point after the 20th of December (19 doors in total so far are visible)
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    0ReganPOOP wrote:

It will be given through the dialogue by Santa after Homer and Lisa work for 4 hours in the workshop

The Elf cave is a flat on ground red door with mushrooms and it’s value is similar to the Stonecutters’ Sacred Parchment (wall of riddles). It gives you 3 daily quests for an award, an elf (one more worker to make you presents) and if you complete the quests in less than 24 hours you get the 100 presents bonus.

The Elf house is officially called the Elf home which was awarded last year (Christmas 2013)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • tjerk_blik
    20 posts
    edited December 2014
    Marge task is 16 hours, you can change that in the OP
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    tjerk_blik wrote:
    Marge task is 16 hours, you can change that in the OP

Thank you! :)
  • stonewheel603
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    mcduck90 wrote:
    0ReganPOOP wrote:

It will be given through the dialogue by Santa after Homer and Lisa work for 4 hours in the workshop

The Elf cave is a flat on ground red door with mushrooms and is value is similar to the Stonecutters’ Sacred Parchment (wall of riddles). It gives you 3 daily quests for an award, an elf (one more worker to make you presents) and if you complete the quests in less than 24 hours you get the 100 presents bonus.

The Elf house is officially called the Elf home which was awarded last year (Christmas 2013)

Thanks!
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    mcduck90 wrote:
    I just merged some of my replies.

I've rushed a few tasks and what I now know about the event so far it’s written here.

It will be updated until something better is posted and if you have something to add by all means go for it.

No speculation* is included. For speculations* you know which member’s posts to follow. This is what you get after rushing bit.

SPOILERS

6) The Feds

Probably come after Homer's 24h strike.

Why?

Santa is paying with candy canes. The elves like it and as a result they have cavities. The logical process now is that after Homer does’t want to be payed as the elves and therefore is on strike he will alert the feds. The feds in the game are going to towns to see on whether the elves are been treated well (this has been mentioned as the task they have in the files if you see the *speculations* thread) etc. So you will need about 3 days from the start of the event until you get your feds and start getting presents from other towns with their aid.

Edit: I read that the feds appear at Jingle Bell wreck pt.9. Homer go on strike task is Jingle Bell wreck pt.5

Just to add to that, I rushed a bit and the quests are lengthy. No point in rushing. Somewhere in the quests Lisa has a 12hr task and Homer has a 16hr plant shift.
    Jingle Bell Wreck Pt.8 homer has 12hr "get bossed around by elves" and Burns has 12hr "Pay Plant Workers in Candy Canes".
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    nissa762 wrote:
    Just to add to that, I rushed a bit and the quests are lengthy. No point in rushing. Somewhere in the quests Lisa has a 12hr task and Homer has a 16hr plant shift.
    Jingle Bell Wreck Pt.8 homer has 12hr "get bossed around by elves" and Burns has 12hr "Pay Plant Workers in Candy Canes".

I’ll add them with credits. :wink:
    Thank you :D
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    mcduck90 wrote:
    nissa762 wrote:

No problem, I *think* Lisa's 12hr task is part 6 and Homer's 16h plant shift is part 7 but wasn't paying attention closely.

Positive about Pt. 8 as I have them on that quest now.
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    nissa762 wrote:
    mcduck90 wrote:
    nissa762 wrote:

No problem, I *think* Lisa's 12hr task is part 6 and Homer's 16h plant shift is part 7 but wasn't paying attention closely.

Positive about Pt. 8 as I have them on that quest now.

I edited the post so no worries about which one is which. Happy tapping! 8)
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Is it normal i dont get presents from neighbors only handshakes????
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014

The Christmas event doesn’t work like the FP. You don’t get presents because your neighbours visited you.

Once the Feds drive then you will be able to get presents from your neighbours in another way but your neighbours will never directly give them to you. That perhaps was done to avoid pacts like last year or the advantages of a feeder town (second town used by the primary town to help raise the event currency amount of the main town)

• Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited December 2014

Thnink so.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    *oef* happy its no glitch :P

Hope we get lots of feds? Or is it same for everybody?
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    *oef* happy its no glitch :P

Hope we get lots of feds? Or is it same for everybody?

No idea but we will know soon enough
  • egrrrrrr
    22 posts
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for the chart ! And everything else !
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!