EA Forums - Banner

Christmas: what I know so far *Spoilers,Warnings&Chart*

Replies

• mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    egrrrrrr wrote:
    Thank you for the chart ! And everything else !

I just love this event so far! :lol:
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    About the mystery box elf. I was three days in on the daily bonus and got the fourth today. The fourth bonus was 100 presents and the last and fifth bonus is an elf. So you don't get the elf from the mystery box (well, perhaps you do, but I don't think so) but instead you get an elf instead of a mystery box.
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    Brabsel wrote:
    About the mystery box elf. I was three days in on the daily bonus and got the fourth today. The fourth bonus was 100 presents and the last and fifth bonus is an elf. So you don't get the elf from the mystery box (well, perhaps you do, but I don't think so) but instead you get an elf instead of a mystery box.

I’ll personally know for sure tomorrow :(
    I’ll add something tonight about it ;)
    Thanks!
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Brabsel wrote:

^^^ this^^^ (same happened for me )
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    McDuck, it might be worth advising in your (awesome) first post that perhaps we should NOT place our depot tree, elf house, and christmas xtree anywhere our new Toy Workshop. The workshop is automatically set as our new "landing zone".

As you warned, those three items have gift boxes hovering, but give visiting neighbors only cash. The visitors' first instinct will be to tap the first three boxes they encounter ...

Did that make any sense?
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    McDuck, it might be worth advising in your (awesome) first post that perhaps we should NOT place our depot tree, elf house, and christmas xtree anywhere our new Toy Workshop. The workshop is automatically set as our new "landing zone".

As you warned, those three items have gift boxes hovering, but give visiting neighbors only cash. The visitors' first instinct will be to tap the first three boxes they encounter ...

Did that make any sense?

Good calling. As my neighbour let me inform you that I’m moving things around and rearranging my christmas park. In a couple of hours I’ll have all offensive items at the Stonecutters headquarters (far down right) so be careful!

I’ll also add your advice will big bold letters utill the issue is resolved
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jesusisadr734
    68 posts
    edited December 2014
    I play this game many times throughout the day. I didn't see the update until last night (Wed. @ 8:00 p.m.) What time did it start and how am I always so far behind? Do you guys rush tasks to get started quickly? Just curious- it's a little frustrating. I'm currently waiting for Homer and Lisa to finish their first task. I have no elves, no door, and only a handful of presents that I got from neighbor's towns. One neighbor already has 14,500 presents!! How is that possible???
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    I play this game many times throughout the day. I didn't see the update until last night (Wed. @ 8:00 p.m.) What time did it start and how am I always so far behind? Do you guys rush tasks to get started quickly? Just curious- it's a little frustrating. I'm currently waiting for Homer and Lisa to finish their first task. I have no elves, no door, and only a handful of presents that I got from neighbor's towns. One neighbor already has 14,500 presents!! How is that possible???

Usually vets and newbies who went premium really early into their game speed the introductory task. For this Christmas event it was 12 hours for Santa’s Workshop.

Personally I have 900 presents at the moment. When you see someone with over 14.000 the first day (the number of presents you need to finish the first phase of the event) it’s either a) Filthy rich aka they have spent donuts b) the most common reason is a hacked game. Hacked games are not tolerated or openly discussed in this forum :wink:
  • jesusisadr734
    68 posts
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the quick reply. I see...I should've sped up the workshop building. Did the update start only yesterday? As for that neighbor, he's now a Bad Neighbor and I think I'll remove him/her. I don't want to miss out on any prizes. Hope my delayed start doesn't put me outta the game. I'm starting this update feeling left behind (again).
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    mcduck90 wrote:

Did that make any sense?

Good calling. As my neighbour let me inform you that I’m moving things around and rearranging my christmas park. In a couple of hours I’ll have all offensive items at the Stonecutters headquarters (far down right) so be careful!

I’ll also add your advice will big bold letters util the issue is resolved

Love the formatting! Lol. But you may want to edit a part of it ... Instead of " Santa's Workshop" it should read "Toy Workshop" ... I know its picky, because it SHOULD be obvious what youre talking about. but some have Santa's workshop from last year and might not read carefully and ... Well ...

(Between "Santa's Village", " Santa's Workshop" and "Toy Workshop", my head is spinning). :)
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the quick reply. I see...I should've sped up the workshop building. Did the update start only yesterday? As for that neighbor, he's now a Bad Neighbor and I think I'll remove him/her. I don't want to miss out on any prizes. Hope my delayed start doesn't put me outta the game. I'm starting this update feeling left behind (again).

It will not put you out of the game. You have enough time today to get your first price perhaps even today.

Also every day you will get more characters to work for christmas currency and 1 more elf as well. They have better value 4pr/4h than the residents of springfield. :wink:

Finally the first elf door will open in less than an hour or two (the 3 quests are really short 45 sec 5 min and 30 min if I remember correctly)

Have fun the event was supposed to officially start today after the workshop so you will be fine.
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014

Love the formatting! Lol. But you may want to edit a part of it ... Instead of " Santa's Workshop" it should read "Toy Workshop" ... I know its picky, because it SHOULD be obvious what youre talking about. but some have Santa's workshop from last year and might not read carefully and ... Well ...

(Between "Santa's Village", " Santa's Workshop" and "Toy Workshop", my head is spinning). :)

Actually, you are right.. I still call the Elf home as the Elf house :oops:
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited December 2014
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    larsyuipo wrote:
    PV9kBMr.jpg

I love you! I absolutely adore you!

• KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Nice post! One thing I noticed is that Santa Homer has the same task as regular Homer at the toy shop. Same thing goes for Sacejawea Lisa. Also All American Apu can be used for tunnel tasks calling for Apu. I haven't gone through them all but its looks like all of the the present/elf berry/tunnel tasks apply to the skins, which is a nice feature.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm waiting with the quest from "Santa Homer" and "King Winter"

Smart? or should i do them?

@mcduck90

Nice work, thank you :thumbup:
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the post op. I had just moved the workshop to the Christmas area, then read this. So I had to move it again. Of course now there's a huge hole in that area, but it's better to be a good neighbor!
  • tjerk_blik
    20 posts
    edited December 2014
    How is the Elf home triggered? I finished the one hour task from Martin. Shoukd it come from Homer?
  • johncolombo
    11198 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2014
    nothing on Tuesday or Wednesday?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    I'm waiting with the quest from "Santa Homer" and "King Winter"

Smart? or should i do them?

@mcduck90

Nice work, thank you :thumbup:

I haven’t bought King Winter so far and I think I’ll skip this time perhaps next year. Homer has several tasks but I’m not sure on whether the Feds can be rushed or they will come if you have finished the main 2014 dialogue quests by a certain date. I should have read the speculations* more carefully. My opinion is go for until part 5 which has a 24 hour task and then part 6 is 12 hours for Lisa.

Just remember that the main storyline of the event awards you 100 presents per time you complete a task so I’d go with finishing first that and then jumping to the subplot if it requires to much of your main character's time.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!