EA Forums - Banner

Game keeps crashing

Prev1
Same problem.

Replies

• PogingZoveel
    18 posts
    edited December 2014
    Same here. And I did not even got the update!
  • Onac
    1 posts
    edited December 2014
    have same problem first donut spins then i see i'm loged in need to tap to continue donut spins again and after a short while im back at iphone start screen
  • CPTSean541
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Me too. I have the 6+ so I imagine it's a new format problem.
  • fellague
    1 posts
    edited December 2014
    Same with me on iphone6 and ipad air....
  • CPTSean541
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    It's getting worse. I can't keep the game open longer than 10 seconds.
  • anirtak7
    3 posts
    edited December 2014
    Same here. It's driving me crazy! I can't even get into my village to make a few taps. The game force closes after I tap to continue on the log in screen.
  • Mattb233
    2 posts
    edited December 2014
    Same problem, iPhone and iPad, please fix!
  • izygreene
    9 posts
    edited December 2014
    Same problem here. I tried on my iPad and Samsung Galaxy.
    No luck :(
  • sghetti5413
    15 posts
    edited December 2014
    I've been having the same issues. So I deleted and reinstalled the game.... I know I lost progress because the prompt showed up saying that my town wasn't saved... I'm pissed... Then come to find out after reinstalling IT STILL CRASHES!!!!! so I don't know how much I have lost... I'm pissed again.... And this Christmas special is basically over for me because there is probably no way I can catch up now!!!! Oh and I recieved an email back from EA stating that this issue is known and to just post my concern on this forum for the game developers to see!!!! I am even more upset!!!! They basically said there is nothing they can do!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Oh and sorry for the rant!
  • Crapitalism
    1 posts
    edited December 2014
    I have the same problem. However with only my account! Every time I want to play, it crashes after I tap to continue on the log in screen. This happens on my smartphone, my girlfriends smartphone and my tablet (all android devices).
    BUT: My girlfriend can log into her account on both smartphones. So it may have something to do with specific accounts?! (she didn't try to login on my tablet)
  • tomotoko
    10 posts
    edited December 2014
    I have the same problem! The problem comes from ORIGIN. Because i can play anonymously (starting new).
    But when i use my Origin Account it crashes while the Donut is spinning.

I tried:
    - Updating my iPad Air
    - Deleting Tapped Out (twice!) and installing updating all new again
    - I made 10GB space on my iPad

Nothing works. I hope EA fixes this problem very soon! I started the christmas quests yesterday and finished some, and then all of the sudden it stopped working!

Please EA, fix this issue! Comes from Origin!

Thanks in advance!
  • udanax19
    20 posts
    edited December 2014
    I'm in the same boat - I'm glad everyone else is ranting because EA has us all really upset. I can't login via my iPad or my phone. I tried logging out, restarting my devices, deleting and reinstalling the app, still nothing. I had everyone on the third task for the second and third tunnels, which I am sure I've missed right now.

I've been playing video games for longer than I care to admit (thing Pong, y'all), and for years, EA was a guaranteed mark of quality. Now, they seem to be a guarantee of aggravation.
  • snbeasly9
    9 posts
    edited December 2014
    I sure wish my game worked...crashing on my Kindle. Ahhhhh! Someone help!!!!
  • ILLEGALCON992
    1 posts
    edited December 2014
    I'm having the same issues. I had a small update this morning after the big Christmas one yesterday. I've now deleted three times, cleared my phone of any apps that were recently updated/installed and still no go. I can play as long as I don't log in as well. My wife has no issues with her game and she's on a Galaxy 4 as well. Kind of pissed, this is the only game I've stuck with for several years now. Hoping they fix it soon, but it won't matter cause of the timed tasks that will be expired. I'm wondering if it doesn't have something to do with our personal Springfields. I bought the Drive-in during the Halloween event along with Squeaky Voice Teen. I also got every item that was available. I know that my wife didn't buy anything and she did not get all the items. I'm just spit balling here.............bored. ...............normal playing time
  • tomotoko
    10 posts
    edited December 2014
    After some research with people who contacted EA by phone over this, it seems that our Origin Accounts don't work because our last save-file is corrupted which happened to ALOT of people within the past 24 hours.

One person had his resetted to two days ago and it worked again, but of course all his process was gone and he didn't get any reperations for that loss.

If they would reset mine i would lose all the christmas process + several donuts i bought and spent.

Still hoping EA can fix this problem with ORIGIN without resetting everyones save-data, if they can't i expect reperations as i spent real money which would be gone then.

I suggest everybody to contact EA to put on more pressure!
  • jemima84
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I haven't been able to get onto my game even thought it was fine yesterday, I'm so annoyed by this & with EA as I used doughnuts to ensure I could get the bonus on the Santa tasks. But due to this issues I've missed it anyway.

I've been in contact with EA all day over this, I also was originally told it was due to a corrupt save file and that a reset to my last successful login would solve the problem. They also said I would get 15 doughnuts as a goodwill. I then didn't hear anything for several hours even though they were quick with a response previously. (To begin with I was just pleased with the response time and that there was a solution, I'm desperate to log in!) However when I chased them I was told to be patient as they didn't know what the issue was and they were investigating!! They also said the development team were only just aware of the issue even though I and obviously many of you had complained hours before.

I still can't get on, cannot get a response from EA and have no idea if they are resetting my game or not. I can't believe EA are not concerned by this and are causing loyal players of many years to get so frustrated. They need to fix this quick or at least inform customer services of the actual issue instead of promising a solution and then doing nothing.

Pull your finger out EA!
  • ergainsborg
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Same here started this morning (12/05/14). Tap on log-in and the donuts spins for about 15sec then it freezes and then just shuts down. Was in the middle of several quests that I had spend donuts on in order to catch up and now I will not be able to finish in time because it won't let me log in. Guess they will refund the donuts????? Not!!!!!!!!
  • soraidh
    2 posts
    edited December 2014
    This is not an Origin issue. I've got an Origin ID and can log in no problem on my iPad. My boyfriend has no Origin account and can't log in on his iPhone. He's getting very frustrated!
  • tomotoko
    10 posts
    edited December 2014
    This is an Origin Issue, however not EVERYBODY has this problem.
    EA even told me that it's an Origin issue and that alot of save-files got corrupted.

They can restore it back to two days ago apparently, but i think i'll wait for a big fix, because if they restore it to two days ago i will have lost about 300 donuts.

Well at least they're looking into it.
  • soraidh
    2 posts
    edited December 2014
    My boyfriend doesn't have an Origin account. He plays anonymously. I'm not sure how it can be JUST an Origin issue when someone with no dealings with Origin has a loading issue.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.