EA Forums - Banner

That time of year to check security!!

I got 20 email with origin security codes at 3:56am (all in the same miniute). I did not request them.

There was also one from last night. I didn't request

I signed on to my Origin account and changed the password.

If you haven't changed password in 6 months, you may want to consider it.
I change mine only because I keep forgetting mine :shock:

Replies

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I don't know why people are so worried in today's "cyber terrorist" era. If you own a smartphone, have a bank account,pay tax and even just house hold Internet, they know everything about you anyway, heck the governments probably give these "terrorists" the info in exchange for big brown paper bags under the table. There all in bed together.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited December 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    I don't know why people are so worried in today's "cyber terrorist" era. If you own a smartphone, have a bank account,pay tax and even just house hold Internet, they know everything about you anyway, heck the governments probably give these "terrorists" the info in exchange for big brown paper bags under the table. There all in bed together.

Wow :shock: You cant be putting that kind of information out there bro :P :mrgreen:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited December 2014
    Change my password
    e65.gif
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited December 2014
    Change my password
    e65.gif

:lol:

Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited December 2014
    Wow, thats weird. I recently got an email on my phone sent from my own email address, and the email itself said something like "Hi", title of the email was "coding is life" with a link that had my name, but when clicked it was one of those virus links (good thing I have a good antivirus program!)

It sent the email to every body on my contacts list and I was getting so many emails back from people saying "it won't let me click the link!" totally embarrassing lol. Immediately went and changed passwords. Haven't seen anything else since.
  • SirLance_Elot
    2148 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Wow, thats weird. I recently got an email on my phone sent from my own email address, and the email itself said something like "Hi", title of the email was "coding is life" with a link that had my name, but when clicked it was one of those virus links (good thing I have a good antivirus program!)

It sent the email to every body on my contacts list and I was getting so many emails back from people saying "it won't let me click the link!" totally embarrassing lol. Immediately went and changed passwords. Haven't seen anything else since.

I've gotten those in the past.

Brooke say what?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!