EA Forums - Banner

Does anyone know when the timer starts on the elf tunnels?

the timer starts when you open the 1st one

Replies

• lxaibz832
    18 posts
    edited December 2014
    From what I can tell the time starts as soon as you begin the first task of the day. Late last night, I started the first Tunnel 1 task about a half hour before starting the first task of Tunnel 2, and the times lined up that Tunnel 1's timer was set to expire a half hour before Tunnel 2's. Then early this morning (about two hours after EA's daily clock turns), I started the first Tunnel 3 task and it started counting down from 24 hours (meaning that the clock didn't start when EA's daily clock starts; otherwise it would've told me I had 22 hours or so left, not 24).
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    lxaibz832 wrote:
    From what I can tell the time starts as soon as you begin the first task of the day. Late last night, I started the first Tunnel 1 task about a half hour before starting the first task of Tunnel 2, and the times lined up that Tunnel 1's timer was set to expire a half hour before Tunnel 2's. Then early this morning (about two hours after EA's daily clock turns), I started the first Tunnel 3 task and it started counting down from 24 hours (meaning that the clock didn't start when EA's daily clock starts; otherwise it would've told me I had 22 hours or so left, not 24).

Yes. The timer doesn't start until you open that particular tunnel.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I didn't know we had 24 hours to complete them, I thought they'd run out at midnight like Number 1's tasks did in the Stonecutters event, so I sped one of them up :lol: Doh! Luckily it only cost 2 donuts.
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    If I understand correctly, this is a combination of the two separate systems from the stonecutters.

In stonecutters, the "puzzle" prizes were unlocked every day, but we could still get them until the end of the event, just by solving the puzzles in sequence. That is, the prize did not become unavailable at the end of 24 hours.

In the stonecutters, in "daily tasks", we got our largest payout for our fourth task, so we tried to get all four before the 24-hour timer hit.

THIS event is such that the first two " tunnel prizes" that unlock each day do not disappear, we just have to do them in sequence before moving on to the next tunnel. Same as the "puzzle prize"s in Stonecutters.

However, the third prize is our "bonus" for getting the entire tunnel list completed within 24 hours.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    If I understand correctly, this is a combination of the two separate systems from the stonecutters.

In stonecutters, the "puzzle" prizes were unlocked every day, but we could still get them until the end of the event, just by solving the puzzles in sequence. That is, the prize did not become unavailable at the end of 24 hours.

In the stonecutters, in "daily tasks", we got our largest payout for our fourth task, so we tried to get all four before the 24-hour timer hit.

THIS event is such that the first two " tunnel prizes" that unlock each day do not disappear, we just have to do them in sequence before moving on to the next tunnel. Same as the "puzzle prize"s in Stonecutters.

However, the third prize is our "bonus" for getting the entire tunnel list completed within 24 hours.

Trust you to make sense of it all! :P
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!