EA Forums - Banner

Why only handshakes?

Prev1
It could be a glitch or maybe we're just not going to get presents from handshakes in this phase or update.
I don't think anyone else is getting presents either.

Replies

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    i think its a mistake but i could be wrong

this way makes it so we cant help our neighbors at all which is kinda lame
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited December 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Agreed, especially as there's nothing, e.g. presents, to drop in their towns.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited December 2014
    fluffling wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I also only have handshakes and I have not read anything that lead me to believe that some people are receiving presents from neigbors. All I read and have had in my town were feds dropped by neigbors, when you tap those Feds then you receive present.
  • suemoorhead
    117 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for that! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me! Haven't got to the Feds part yet so maybe that's their way of neighbours helping each other out!
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    fluffling wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I also only have handshakes and I have not read anything that lead me to believe that some people are receiving presents from neigbors. All I read and have had in my town were feds dropped by neigbors, when you tap those Feds then you receive present.

I have handshakes but I've read about people having presents available to drop and seen a photo of being able to collect them... :?
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited December 2014
    fluffling wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I have handshakes but I've read about people having presents available to drop and seen a photo of being able to collect them... :?

Hmm...maybe we haven't gotten to that part of the questline? right now I have Homer being bossed around by elves.
    Are you sure the picture/stories aren't from last year?
  • LPNintendoITA
    11455 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    fluffling wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

that picture was from me. that was me tapping on the present depot and that spawned the presents cause it was from the depot not the handshake
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Pretty Lame IMO.

EA seems to be getting further and further away from social aspects during events. Why squash easy ways to intensify the fun?
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited December 2014
    Pretty Lame IMO.

EA seems to be getting further and further away from social aspects during events. Why squash easy ways to intensify the fun?

Agreed, especially as they have friend points so it's not like people don't visit or have neighbours
    I wish they bought back community prizes as well.
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited December 2014
    fluffling wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

that picture was from me. that was me tapping on the present depot and that spawned the presents cause it was from the depot not the handshake

A lot of people (including me) weren't getting presents from the present depot, but now I am so I wonder what triggered it.
    Anyway thanks for clearing that up.
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014

With what we know so far the possibility of that changing is almost non-existing. The ways to get the event’s currency are plenty and are more than enough to finish the event on time or even a few days before the 24th.
  • HerrTriggerrz
    166 posts
    edited December 2014
    Can anyone explain why I'm only getting handshakes when my neighbours tap in my town? I've checked and the people tapping have all updated and are collecting presents! I'm getting lots of visits but no presents only handshakes!

Could be because EA knows that people use multiple accounts to boost their game, and this way you really can't do boosting. Or it could be a matter of getting into the more advanced aspects of the XMas update , and will change once you reach a certain point.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks, this thread answered that question for me.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited December 2014
    You can drop stuff in your friends towns. I just visited a friend and it said "drop a fed in this friends town to get bonus presents" so I guess we are not up to it in the questline.
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited December 2014
    You can drop stuff in your friends towns

pics?
    How far are you in the questline?

Edit: just saw your edit
  • empathy77
    4178 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    It would be nice if they change it so a handshake drops a present, but that most likely will not happen. Only FED's would help a neighbor. I am not up to that point yet so I have no idea how many you get on a daily basis or how you get them.
  • philippama998
    738 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    So I understand that I just receive a handshake and no present from my precious neighbors and it won’t change throughout the quest line.

However, I don’t have the option of dropping feds in neighbors towns. When does that unlock (or did I simply not see it at all)?

Is this correct?
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited December 2014
    So I understand that I just receive a handshake and no present from my precious neighbors and it won’t change throughout the quest line.

However, I don’t have the option of dropping feds in neighbors towns. When does that unlock (or did I simply not see it at all)?

Is this correct?

It's after part 9 of the main quest line I believe.

I've always found the social aspect of the game sloppy and uninspired, that goes for events too. Personally, I could do without it. It just feels tacked on as afterthought.
  • philippama998
    738 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    amcevil wrote:

Is this correct?

It's after part 9 of the main quest line I believe.

I've always found the social aspect of the game sloppy and uninspired, that goes for events too. Personally, I could do without it. It just feels tacked on as afterthought.

Thanks!
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3072 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    [/quote]A lot of people (including me) weren't getting presents from the present depot, but now I am so I wonder what triggered it.
    Anyway thanks for clearing that up.[/quote]

People who did not have the present depot from last year (eg. me) unlocked it after completing the tasks on tunnel #3. I suspect that people who had the depot already did not unlock its ability to drop presents until they reached that point in the quest line. My kids had it from last year and did not unlock it for gift dropping until they finished tunnel 3.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!