EA Forums - Banner

Something that needs fixing that it seems has been forgotten about....

Prev1
i hate the things and will not use them. I've never seen a blazing orange brick wall. Maybe if they were a more realistic brick color, I just think they are so ugly.

The best use I've seen of them is the one person who posted a screenshot where they had made them look like stairs and then had the Santa's Little Helper balloon positioned so it looked like it was running up the stairs chasing a "frisbee" (the black hole). Most creative thing I've seen in a long time and best use of an ugly design element.

Replies

• battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Yah. Must admit i bought a bunch but really no use. I thought they were a sign that there were some new cool tasks related to them.
    Is there anyone out there?
  • Roonil2
    215 posts
    edited December 2012
    I want them to fix Nelson's 30 minute task with the piece of crap car.
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    The best use I've seen of them is the one person who posted a screenshot where they had made them look like stairs and then had the Santa's Little Helper balloon positioned so it looked like it was running up the stairs chasing a "frisbee" (the black hole). Most creative thing I've seen in a long time and best use of an ugly design element.

Haha that sounds awesome! Wonder if I can find that...off to the search function!!

And I agree, they are ugly. I haven't used them either.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I have not bothered with this item and now that I know they fit poorly, regardless of the resizing I will not buy any now.
  • creepyulee
    67 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have two places enclosed in brick in my town - the weather station and Channel 6's backyard. The walls used to snap together nicely and now there are gaps at the corners no matter how I arrange them. So, yes, it is driving me crazy! I do hope they fix it or when the snow melts the flaws will be even more obvious!
  • kickinwingOP
    74 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    battyguy wrote:
    Yah. Must admit i bought a bunch but really no use. I thought they were a sign that there were some new cool tasks related to them.
    lol tasks related to a wall. Hahaha tell me a task that involved multiple walls lol
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    I agree with Lissarv68, the color is just unrealistic and tacky looking. Why not make the brick walls... Ya know, brick color... :?
  • mitsuhoney
    261 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I wanted to use them for the school yard but they are just so ugly, I think what makes me hate them is that the line in between each of them is so noticeable so it looks like really weird, had the line between each of them were not as noticeable I probably would have bought them but I will just keep the regular gate around the school cause it looks like more from the show anyway.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    They line up ok for me.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    caprici424 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Haha that sounds awesome! Wonder if I can find that...off to the search function!!

And I agree, they are ugly. I haven't used them either.

I think the post has the word 3d in it. It's the same guy who does all the really things with hedges and fences.
  • Amazin2u
    215 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Wow! I just noticed this. Surrounded the Retirement Castle with them and now one corner has an over hang...and being such a stickler, it will be something I will be focused on fixing. This is when an option to move multiple items at once would be handy!!
  • autographz
    172 posts
    edited December 2012
    They line up ok for me.

Post a pic. On the corners, they dont (except one way), they leave a gap...
  • Zombies8MyDingo
    209 posts
    edited December 2012
    Horrible things, only reason I have a couple is so I can have an alleyway by the side of Moes for the washer & dryer.
  • Thecure668
    252 posts
    edited December 2012
    I just checked mine and they look fine.
  • El Jorge44
    189 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thecure668 wrote:
    I just checked mine and they look fine.

the gap they're referring to is when you try to align them on a 90 degree bend.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    caprici424 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

I think the post has the word 3d in it. It's the same guy who does all the really things with hedges and fences.

It was MoopsDude (of course):

KvemX.jpg
  • autographz
    172 posts
    edited December 2012
    Yes the corners, as the walls are not the full width of a square, this happens... this is what Im referring to. The gap, and then the way off "centering" on the right hand side.

(I'll add the pic to the first post too)

23ron5k.jpg
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    The update screwed up what I had going. I made a few adjustments and was left with one gap. It's now behind a tree. They need to rework the way all of the fencing fits together. I'd like it to be sold by square and work similar to the way you can drag pavement.
  • Joia478
    63 posts
    edited April 2013
    Roonil2 wrote:
    I want them to fix Nelson's 30 minute task with the piece of crap car.

I agree!! Why does his task with a premium item pay out less than a normal 30 min task?
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited April 2013
    xrobotlove wrote:
    I agree with Lissarv68, the color is just unrealistic and tacky looking. Why not make the brick walls... Ya know, brick color... :?
    Why not make the people a more realistic colour while they're at it? Yellow is a bit too much ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.