EA Forums - Banner

I may not get the prizes from today's Santa's daily tasks

that's why i posted the walkthrough
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10242405.page
also you get the prize, you just dont get the 100 extra presents if you dont complete them in 24h since revealing the 1st job

Replies

• letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited December 2014
    It is getting late, I need sleep, but early today I was told to send Homer to go on strike. Now, I've been waiting for hours for that task to end, so I can send him to slack off, as part of Santa's daily tasks. I have no idea how long that task is supposed to last. If I sleep in tomorrow morning, like I want to do, I won't be awake in time to click to end that task and get my prizes in time.

While I wait for this task to end, I wonder if EA planned it this way? Do they have people sitting around deciding to tell you to send one character in an extremely long task, knowing that the same character will be needed for another important task for a timed event?
    Are you talking about Tunnel 5?
    There are spoilers in this thread, but it will tell you how long the task takes: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10242947.page
    Also, if you sleep in, etc, and miss the 24 hour window, I believe you will still get the prizes, just not the bonus presents.

There's always the option of using donuts to speed up a task or two if you're so inclined.

edit: ninja'd!
  • barryriddl474
    4833 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    If I sleep in tomorrow morning, like I want to do, I won't be awake in time to click to end that task and get my prizes in time.

• pattimesseng
    132 posts
    edited December 2014
    Thank you.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I'll probably get the tunnel tasks all done today, but I do wish Homer wasn't required for the next part of Jingle Bell Wreck, since he's on the tunnel task now. I'd like to start dropping feds on my neighbors as soon as possible, and I need a few more parts of JBW before I can.
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited December 2014
    If I sleep in tomorrow morning, like I want to do, I won't be awake in time to click to end that task and get my prizes in time.

Well played, sir.
  • rotyr
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I too like to sleep in on weekends, and my weekend schedule is somewhat unpredictable, so I have simply ignored the tunnel tasks for the duration of the weekend and instead focused on the main questline. Remember that you have 24 hours after you start the first task. There is no need to complete a tunnel every day. On Monday I will have 4 tunnels to start, and with my more structured weekday schedule, they should be completed relatively quickly.
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    I'll probably get the tunnel tasks all done today, but I do wish Homer wasn't required for the next part of Jingle Bell Wreck, since he's on the tunnel task now. I'd like to start dropping feds on my neighbors as soon as possible, and I need a few more parts of JBW before I can.

I've been having to juggle Homer too. He's finishing up his his 24 hour 'go on strike' job, then I need him to the last job for today's tunnel quest. It's a toss-up as to whether I'll get the bonus but I wanted to make more progress on the main questline. :)
  • avtkrmn
    152 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    i finished mine on time, even with working two college basketball games today, but it did NOT give me my elf!
  • LPNintendoITA
    11658 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    rotyr wrote:
    I too like to sleep in on weekends, and my weekend schedule is somewhat unpredictable, so I have simply ignored the tunnel tasks for the duration of the weekend and instead focused on the main questline. Remember that you have 24 hours after you start the first task. There is no need to complete a tunnel every day. On Monday I will have 4 tunnels to start, and with my more structured weekday schedule, they should be completed relatively quickly.
    i may be wrong but you need to finish 1 tunnel before you can do the next
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited December 2014
    Still waiting for Tunnel 6, anybody know when it become available?

Edit: never mind, just got it... =]
  • Cvija01
    464 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Dotcom180 wrote:
    Still waiting for Tunnel 6, anybody know when it become available?

Edit: never mind, just got it... =]

but You w8 :(
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Lisa compiling a list of naught/nice kids for 12 hours so I can't start todays Santa task until tonight :?
    EA need to stop using Lisa and Homer as the main event characters all the time :evil:
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    See, I think it's a ploy. Santa loves his donuts. :)
  • Smilee306
    278 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    i may be wrong but you need to finish 1 tunnel before you can do the next
    Nope. I waited to start the tunnel with the homer task as I had just sent him on the 24 hour task myself. I did both tunnel 4 and 5 simultaneously today, and am holding off on 6 as it requires Lisa, and I needed her for the main questline.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited December 2014
    The use of one or two characters (Lisa and Homer) is clearly designed to get you to drop a donut or 12 to speed the occasional task up. I've got multiple jobs for Homer stacked up and I'm trying to manage the order in which they are done to fit in with the tunnel tasks. This has been ok to manage over the weekend but when I'm back in the office tomorrow it's likely going to be unpossible to hit the tasks at the right time so I'll probably rush a task now and again if I need to. Fair enough in my view as the game exists to make money for the developers.
  • annthewhofan
    9 posts
    edited December 2014
    It is getting late, I need sleep, but early today I was told to send Homer to go on strike. Now, I've been waiting for hours for that task to end, so I can send him to slack off, as part of Santa's daily tasks. I have no idea how long that task is supposed to last. If I sleep in tomorrow morning, like I want to do, I won't be awake in time to click to end that task and get my prizes in time.

While I wait for this task to end, I wonder if EA planned it this way? Do they have people sitting around deciding to tell you to send one character in an extremely long task, knowing that the same character will be needed for another important task for a timed event?
    I store the building what my character is working on that cancel out the task and then to start them on the timed ones
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    that's why i posted the walkthrough
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10242405.page
    also you get the prize, you just dont get the 100 extra presents if you dont complete them in 24h since revealing the 1st job

Looking at this image from the Walkthrough it could be possible, my 3rd town is is just short of 12,000 so looking at this table it should make it (just)

fDlf6Tf.png
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • annthewhofan
    9 posts
    edited December 2014
    I got the finel prize I was so excited that I forgot to do the third tasks in santa's tasks when I looked in my game the following day I found I not done the it and I thought how did that happen I thought I done it. Oh no :( I miss the 100 presents to day making sure I not distracted
  • annthewhofan
    9 posts
    edited December 2014
    By the way the timer does not start until you start on the first task only. So if one of your characters is on a 24 hour task that needed for santas tasks then don't start the 3 tasks until got all the characters needed I had to wait 13 more hours for one character that was on a 24, then I started them on the tasks by next day had 2 doors open but was able to complete the 2 on the same day one in the morning the other late that night
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.