EA Forums - Banner

Tunnel 9 prize - love you EA !

Replies

• roxypup
    313 posts
    edited December 2014
    The broken wheel is pretty funny! I guess I'm one of the few people though who didn't mind it last Christmas, although it could just be that at that point I was new to the game so it just seemed like a fun extra thing to do.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Just thinking back to last year's event. I remember it took a lot of spins to finally get the Yeti. If you were down to just one or two wheel prizes left it took awhile unless you were really lucky. You'd save up 1,000 gift cards for one wheel spin, then win a 250 or 500 gift card prize on the wheel. Many didn't win either the Yeti or Claus Co which were the lowest odds prizes on the wheel.

I recall the Valentine's Day wheel wasn't as difficult to land all the prizes. The odds were better and most people won all the prizes.

I think the thing that really frustrated people about the wheel was the visual trickery of making you think you were close to landing on a certain prize when the pointer would stop in between two prizes. I remember people posting zoomed in images of how the pointer was just hair over the line and touching the prize they wanted. :lol:

Easter didn't have wheel but it was the most difficult of all. I recall many people didn't get Shari Bobbins and a number of other prizes.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    This is my first Xmas. So what was the prize you got in the tunnel?
    Destroyed_Holiday_Wheel.png

OMG I REALLY WANT THAT!!! Is there any way for me to get the new prizes in future doors or something?

Not that I've been able to find so far, and I'm trying to help a friend get it, but doesn't seem likely.

I will be very surprised if they don't have some object at Easter along these same lines. Not a wheel, since Easter didn't have one.. They could really have a blast creating something representative of all the outpouring of hostility on the forum about those boxes and baskets and that Faberg? egg. They really ought to acknowledge it.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited December 2014
    This is my first Xmas. So what was the prize you got in the tunnel?
    Destroyed_Holiday_Wheel.png

OMG I REALLY WANT THAT!!! Is there any way for me to get the new prizes in future doors or something?

Not that I've been able to find so far, and I'm trying to help a friend get it, but doesn't seem likely.

I will be very surprised if they don't have some object at Easter along these same lines. Not a wheel, since Easter didn't have one.. They could really have a blast creating something representative of all the outpouring of hostility on the forum about those boxes and baskets and that Faberg? egg. They really ought to acknowledge it.
    In my head at least, it makes sense that the broken wheel only be a prize available to those who were playing last winter and actually experienced the wheel. What significance does it hold for a newer player than that?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    It is pretty great.

I decided that the wheel was thrown off the top of Clausco.

8cvd2ug.png?2
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    It is pretty great.

8cvd2ug.png?2
    A-haha, love it! :lol:
  • smohqy
    2103 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I started playing in February of this year, so I experienced the wheel. I had no Neighborinos at the time, so I won very little from it. But I didn't get the broken wheel, so I'm guessing that it's the not already having blue house Crossmas lights that determines whether or not you get the wheel, rather than have experienced a wheel event.

Whatever the case, I'm sad, because I think it's a wonderful and hilarious prize. But my blue houses now have lights, so maybe I'll start a house farm instead.

Kidding, that will NEVER happen!
  • LPNintendoITA
    11470 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    It is pretty great.

8cvd2ug.png?2
    or the Doctor crashed it with the TARDIS
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited December 2014
    I didn't experience the chrismas wheel, but I'll still be mad if they don't release it for new players, along with other facades I really want such as all the mansions, the houseboat, CCL house, sanjay and apu apartments. I can understand not getting some old items because you weren't playing yet in past events, but not getting new items from this current 2014 event you are playing right now, and while other players get them for free, that's not good.
  • philippama998
    738 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    madfish86 wrote:
    Just thinking back to last year's event. I remember it took a lot of spins to finally get the Yeti. If you were down to just one or two wheel prizes left it took awhile unless you were really lucky. You'd save up 1,000 gift cards for one wheel spin, then win a 250 or 500 gift card prize on the wheel. Many didn't win either the Yeti or Claus Co which were the lowest odds prizes on the wheel.

I recall the Valentine's Day wheel wasn't as difficult to land all the prizes. The odds were better and most people won all the prizes.

I think the thing that really frustrated people about the wheel was the visual trickery of making you think you were close to landing on a certain prize when the pointer would stop in between two prizes. I remember people posting zoomed in images of how the pointer was just hair over the line and touching the prize they wanted. :lol:

Easter didn't have wheel but it was the most difficult of all. I recall many people didn't get Shari Bobbins and a number of other prizes.

This brings the memories back lively... I would have been OK without remembering it that much in detail.

Yes... easter... lets skip that... that was the worst.event.ever. Shari Bobbins and Father Shan (spelling correct?), the buildings from the other egg color (johnny fiesta, I would have liked that sombrero building). I guess a dead bunny hanging from a tree for making it up for that terrible event alone wouldn't do, would it? :?
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I adore the wheel- homer yelling at it makes it perfect! I've been playing the game the entire time, and I understand giving it to older players....... Sorry noobs, I get you wanting it as a thing to have and I hope you get your chance- but the HATRED is only understood by players who've been here a year or more...........
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Remember the myriad threads discussing wheel thechnique? Click back 2 slots then a light flick upwards. No! Downwards! Wait, was it 2 slots up or down? Or 3 slots?

In the end, wasn't it decided that the wheel result was predetermined??

Mmmmmmm... rage donuts.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Except for the wheel, last year's Christmas event was actually pretty fun. I loved the personal and community prizes, dropping presents in neighbors' towns, and the daily elf house task where they'd scour your town collecting presents.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited December 2014
    BrandoMG wrote:
    I can no longer open my tunnel with either the button or by clicking on it, so ticked off

I'm getting that a lot, but tapping the Friends icon and then immediately going back home as soon as it loads has fixed it for me every time. I would suggest that, or force-quit the app and restart your device if you're desperate.

Or you can go to Krustyland, once you are back in your town the tunnel will work... Personally, I think it's the only use for my Krustyland :wink:

Edited because of autocorrect :?
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited December 2014
    BrandoMG wrote:
    I can no longer open my tunnel with either the button or by clicking on it, so ticked off

I'm getting that a lot, but tapping the Friends icon and then immediately going back home as soon as it loads has fixed it for me every time. I would suggest that, or force-quit the app and restart your device if you're desperate.

Also a visit to Krustyland fixes it
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited December 2014
    madfish86 wrote:
    Except for the wheel, last year's Christmas event was actually pretty fun. I loved the personal and community prizes, dropping presents in neighbors' towns, and the daily elf house task where they'd scour your town collecting presents.

I beg to differ, I almost broke my iPad out of frustration and I never got all the prices event if I played a lot (I even played in the bathroom so the in-laws and my kids would not see me play on the 24 and 25...). I stopped playing after close to a 100 thousand gift cards collected and still my wheel was not cleared. Hated that wheel... And I will not buy Claus co this xmas either, still mad about not winning it last xmas.

Ok, maybe without the wheel it would have been fun... But again... That wheel... I am still very mad about :wink:
  • philippama998
    738 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    Remember the myriad threads discussing wheel thechnique? Click back 2 slots then a light flick upwards. No! Downwards! Wait, was it 2 slots up or down? Or 3 slots?

In the end, wasn't it decided that the wheel result was predetermined??

Mmmmmmm... rage donuts.

^^This

Hahaha, I remember sitting there trying to figure out what the trick is and... ahhh... again not the right thing. Probably would have been less stressful if I hadn't to try the gazillion versions how to turn it hahaha
    madfish86 wrote:

Wasnt it exactly that event where the counter started suddenly running faster for the community prices because people figured out that the count was too slow to finish in time?

Good old times :lol:
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    :thumbup:
  • michome1
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    BrandoMG wrote:

hard close and reopen the app. They'll open after that.

This. I seem to have to do this after organizing or going through assigning tasks every 8 hours more often. Though I only need to access the tunnel function once a day it does get stuck.
  • awez1
    408 posts New member
    edited December 2014
    madfish86 wrote:

i ended up with a gross amount of valentines fences and ponds and no choo choo :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!