EA Forums - Banner

Tapping last Fed causes freeze

A bug was found : it is easily reproduced . If you Tap the last of the 3 Feds , and hit a house or other interactive deco , the two windows opening up simultaneously causes the game to freeze up . For me on Kindle Fire this has occurred specifically after touching the racetrack and tapping a Fed who was the last in my SF.
On my iPhone 6+, I can click 3 Feds but then I go to the next neighbor and the game shuts down

Replies

• wadebear
    3948 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    He means when you're tapping a Fed in your regular Springfield to get rid of it.

Yes, I've encountered this glitch many times. It's very frustrating. All I can do is close the game and restart.
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited December 2014
    luckily (and unluckily) for me i NEVER find feds in my town, even thugh ive gotten messages saying neighbors dropped them.
  • wadebear
    3948 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    luckily (and unluckily) for me i NEVER find feds in my town, even thugh ive gotten messages saying neighbors dropped them.
    Try this:
    For iOS: double tap the home button and swipe the app up off screen (older iOS tap and hold app icon, tap red dash)
    For Android: Tap Background Apps button (the square to the right of the Home button) then swipe app off screen.

Turn off device.

Turn off router (assuming you have a router)

Turn off Internet Access Device (Modem). For me that's a satellite modem. Could be a Cable modem, whatever...

Wait 15 to 30 seconds.

Turn on Internet Access Device and let it boot completely.

Turn on router.

Turn on device (I'm using both an iPad 2 and a Nexus 7 to play).

Start game.

If that doesn't work, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, because you're missing out on a LOT of presents. A lot of my friends are still tapping gifts in my town and I'm still WAY ahead of the curve because of the Feds.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!