EA Forums - Banner

Is it just me or placing Feds on friends towns are getting harder and harder to do?

Prev13
Yeah. I'm convinced there is a bug in the code for determining if a town is full of Feds. If I get to a town where I can't drop Feds I just tap one house and move on. Then I'll come back later and see if I can drop Feds. Usually I can if it's been a few hours.

I've been having an issue where I'll drop three Feds in a town and as I try to leave that SF the game crashes. It'll happen over and over again with the same SF. I can skip it and all the others are fine. The thing is, it's not the same SF each time I do my rounds but there is always one that crashes it and for that round whichever SF it is will always crash the game. Next day that town is fine but another SF start crashing it.

Replies

• MrClutch-1111
    346 posts
    edited December 2014
    barszap785 wrote:
    Yeah. I'm convinced there is a bug in the code for determining if a town is full of Feds. If I get to a town where I can't drop Feds I just tap one house and move on. Then I'll come back later and see if I can drop Feds. Usually I can if it's been a few hours.

I've been having an issue where I'll drop three Feds in a town and as I try to leave that SF the game crashes. It'll happen over and over again with the same SF. I can skip it and all the others are fine. The thing is, it's not the same SF each time I do my rounds but there is always one that crashes it and for that round whichever SF it is will always crash the game. Next day that town is fine but another SF start crashing it.

I've been experiencing the same thing. It started off with just one random town crashing. In the last 2 days it has been the 4 same towns that cause the crashes.

For me, the crashing started with one of the recent in-game updates.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I agree with barszap, I think there are issues with notifications and feds actually appearing. Friends that always sent 3 feds have started tapping 1-2 houses in my town. I also notice that when I visit towns with "max feds" I get a lot of lag. I suspect that when my town has a lot of lag I am actually maxed but not receiving notification or a false message that my town has been cleared (most I've ever tapped is 9 feds in my town).

Sometimes synching helps "missing" feds appear, sometimes exiting app does as well. However there are times when nothing I do will help me find the feds.
  • vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    barszap785 wrote:

I'm also having the exact same thing and always with a different neighbor.
  • casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited December 2014
    barszap785 wrote:

I have a friend issue that's similar (started yesterday after the update that addressed Flanders house, always the same town) There's one town that the game won't let me access (donut just freezes, I've tried going a to z, going z to a, attempting it as the first one I've visited, going to the town's KLand (which works but when I try to go to main town it freezes on the shuttle...I know the town has Xmas content as they have 5000 plus presents....I honestly don't know (I've tried uninstalling reinstalling but I won't know if that works until tomorrow.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited December 2014
    For me they have been working fine. Hopefully I wont run into these problems later since it hurts your neighbors and not yourself since you can always tap on the houses.
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Too many Feds in most towns, and then eventually you stop getting pressies, whats the point :?
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited December 2014
    Can verify this happens as it occurred between my main and alternative accounts. Either the Feds do not spawn in the town or the 'town full' message is bugged.

I know this for certainty because after having the 'town full' message from my alternative, I logged in to my main and tapped on Feds until I received the 'all Feds caught' message. There were like 3 Feds in my main.
  • michome1
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    just went through 98 neighbors and could not place 3 feds on 2 of them. lucky I have constant players I guess. I unfriended 1 5 week old player and 1 7 day old player with 0 presents, the rest seem to be able to keep up, 5000, to 7000, presents..

I am maxed FP in terms of prizes but the amount of money even after I max presents is ok to keep tapping.
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    From the other side I had 2 neighbors (that I know have reached the fed dropping level) tap on houses and I only had 6 Feds in my town. I was thinking there was a bug telling neighbors my town is full of Feds.
  • Snakeyees
    2321 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    barszap785 wrote:

I've been experiencing the same thing. It started off with just one random town crashing. In the last 2 days it has been the 4 same towns that cause the crashes.

This is happening to me but its usally on the last action out 3 that crashes, then the next day that town works fine and one other town has the glitch.
  • bgfujino
    499 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm having the same problem as Vic and barszap in both my games.
    Tonight I had at least 1/3 of neighbor towns that were full of Feds so I too tapped one house.
    Both games are crashing on random towns; yesterday it was three times, tonight twice. Both started after the last update two days ago.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    barszap785 wrote:

This is happening to me but its usally on the last action out 3 that crashes, then the next day that town works fine and one other town has the glitch.

Same here. Today I was able to get through all of them, but the past two days crashing in two different towns at the same point in collection. One was at the end and one was after one tap.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I was only able to use the Fed button in about 60% of the towns. It really doesn't take much time for the towns to get full. 20 Feds allows for only 7 people to tap before filling up the town. During the day I can't be on to clear my town for many hours. Even at night when I check every hour or two I have at least 12-15 feds each time.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    hughejars wrote:
    Too many Feds in most towns, and then eventually you stop getting pressies, whats the point :?
    Well, you still get money, and all that will add up quickly, if you go through your entire list. Also, if you're done getting Friend Points, you have a chance to earn donuts. MMmmmm premium currency.... :)
  • defectdefect
    304 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    It's getting harder to drop feds in people's towns because I'm assuming most daily players have finally reached the point where they can start dropping them.

As for the crashing, I have had one or two neighbours where it repeatedly freezes and then the game exits on it's own, I just go back in until I've dropped all the feds and then continue on.

Lastly, it's sort of frustrating that I leave feds in every town (unless it's full) and people will come into my town while I'm playing and just tap houses instead of leaving feds. It's obviously not overcrowded cause I've tapped them all but I guess people don't want to return the favour.
    But we already did it. It took seven hours, but we did it. It's done.
  • cjryder625
    1419 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm getting less an less feds each day. Overnight just gone I didn't get any. Doesn't make sense.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • ladycatlow
    1010 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    cjryder625 wrote:
    I'm getting less an less feds each day. Overnight just gone I didn't get any. Doesn't make sense.

I can't see any Feds in my town either, but I had handshakes this morning. Got my daughters town to try to drop Feds into my town and it says my town is full. So maybe you have Feds there too that you can't see if you normally get them dropped overnight as well.
  • thatdonald845
    1591 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    How many Feds is "too many" Feds? I am wondering whether this recurring message is randomly generated, or if it really does mean I should delete these inactive players.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    How many Feds is "too many" Feds? I am wondering whether this recurring message is randomly generated, or if it really does mean I should delete these inactive players.

20 Feds is the limit so your neighbours mightn't be inactive just sleeping/working. But if they seem always to be full check when they last played.

• frogmommy15
    77 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    cjryder625 wrote:

This. I logged in this morning and there was not one single Fed in my town but plenty of handshakes :shock:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!