EA Forums - Banner

Taskless characters walking around friends town

I wonder this too...

At first I thought that maybe the players had a ton of cash and therefore preferred their characters to simply animate the streets, however I have now realised that people of very low levels also do it from time to time and I'm pretty sure you can't be 'rolling in it' if you are yet to build the school...

Replies

• petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    You are wright, when you visit a friends town, a character that finished his/her task will walk around. I guess it's just a way to see how active your friends are in the game.
  • evilashhhh96
    87 posts
    edited December 2012
    This is definitely a fact as my wife plays on her iPad and me on my Iphone and she often sees my characters walking around task-less, when in my town they are still performing thier tasks but have finished and waiting for me to tap them, only difference is i see them with a thumbs up and other people see them walking around.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    Oops, I guess I have to stop using that as criteria for deleting people :shock:
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited December 2012
    If they finish tasks while you're visiting, you'll see them come out of the buildings right then and congregate in one spot if they're all close to one another.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I've got more than enough money, so sometimes I like to just let my people wander around Springfield rather than sending them on tasks inside. And poor Apu needs a break. I do choose some of my favorites though,,, Ned has been riding that snowmobile non-stop for days, Cool Homer is almost always on his fixie, and Sideshow Mel never stops juggling.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    spiffshine wrote:
    I've got more than enough money, so sometimes I like to just let my people wander around Springfield rather than sending them on tasks inside. And poor Apu needs a break. I do choose some of my favorites though,,, Ned has been riding that snowmobile non-stop for days, Cool Homer is almost always on his fixie, and Sideshow Mel never stops juggling.

I wish I could do this, but I'm on that hard stretch of grinding between krabapple apts and channel 6. (I hope poeople hear me say this enough, that my Springfield is trashed right now only because I'm working hard on finishing the quests / saving up for the boatload).
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    With the premium bonus hooked up now, the cash rolls in pretty quickly. I am saving to purchase the remaining plots of land in my town, but I'm at the point where I'm no longer grinding.

That said, I'm still saving coins for the last Funzo. Poor Marge has been in the kitchen baking treats for over two weeks now, while Flanders and Eric family are out having fun. At the rate I'm collecting coins, Marge may get out of the kitchen just in time for Christmas day!
  • morganbaby1016
    241 posts
    edited December 2012
    xrobotlove wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:

I wish I could do this, but I'm on that hard stretch of grinding between krabapple apts and channel 6. (I hope poeople hear me say this enough, that my Springfield is trashed right now only because I'm working hard on finishing the quests / saving up for the boatload).

That gring with the apartment was a killer it was like a week of working towards it. I kept counting down to my husband and he was like "why are you still playing that game?" It's life ruining fun!
  • kymie1988
    253 posts
    edited December 2012
    xrobotlove wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:

That gring with the apartment was a killer it was like a week of working towards it. I kept counting down to my husband and he was like "why are you still playing that game?" It's life ruining fun!

According the the task list, I'm just over half way through that grind!
    Its the most annoying yet :x
    Good luck u guys :)
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    With the premium bonus hooked up now, the cash rolls in pretty quickly. I am saving to purchase the remaining plots of land in my town, but I'm at the point where I'm no longer grinding.

That said, I'm still saving coins for the last Funzo. Poor Marge has been in the kitchen baking treats for over two weeks now, while Flanders and Eric family are out having fun. At the rate I'm collecting coins, Marge may get out of the kitchen just in time for Christmas day!

Lol, I always feel bad for the characters who repeatedly get put on laborious tasks. When my game crashed for a week, I had just set everyone to 60 minute tasks... So everyone was locked in the kwik e Mart together, apu's babies were morbidly obese, and poor ol' Burns probably collapsed both lungs on his 7 day run!

Also the funzos freak me out, I'm scared they're going to conspire with the burns monster & Krusty doll and take over my town and hold all the characters hostage :shock:
  • morganbaby1016
    241 posts
    edited December 2012
    You are wright, when you visit a friends town, a character that finished his/her task will walk around. I guess it's just a way to see how active your friends are in the game.

This isn't totally true because my daughter was visiting friends and I sent my people on 60 minute jobs and she was poking Barney who was in the church at the AA meeting. She came in after I set them but they weren't done yet. She was poking townspeople that were supposed to be inside.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    spiffshine wrote:

I agree, the Simpsons characters are not our slaves and deserve some free time of their own. But heads up people, Christmas Day regardless of what you may have heard, is still a workday...
  • danderson359828
    17 posts
    edited December 2012
    Funny I was just getting ready to ask that same thing this morning.You must have men reading my mind.I see lots of characters just walking around aimlessly.
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Mine will be wandering aimlessly in about an hour when they finish their tasks and I am not here to take care of it. :cry: The perils of playing on an iPod and misjudging when you will be back in the house.
  • autographz
    172 posts
    edited December 2012
    When you reach a certain point of money, you dont "need" to send people on jobs 24/7. Last few days Ive hated sending people on long "hidden" jobs so Ive let several just wander around. If people delete me because of that then its their loss. Seems a stupid reason to delete someone :?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.