EA Forums - Banner

1 Fed, Tons of Handshakes

Prev1
Yep, I had 2 Feds and a whole bunch of handshakes this morning

Replies

• NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Same here, I'm hoping that the level 48 update has sorted any feds issue out. I'm sortof hoping that there's a reason for the handshakes instead of feds lol.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    So i wake up and see handshakes all over my town, i tap the first fed i see and get the message that the town is cleared of feds.

What's up with that?

I figure all my neighbors get that "this town has reached the fed limit" message when they enter my town, i hope this was a one time bug for me cause not having feds in my town adds up to alot of presents missed.

Anyone else get this?

Or your neighbors intentionally don't want to give you presents for Christmas. :lol:
  • LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    So i wake up and see handshakes all over my town, i tap the first fed i see and get the message that the town is cleared of feds.

What's up with that?

I figure all my neighbors get that "this town has reached the fed limit" message when they enter my town, i hope this was a one time bug for me cause not having feds in my town adds up to alot of presents missed.

Anyone else get this?

Or your neighbors intentionally don't want to give you presents for Christmas. :lol:

That does it. Everybody send me friend requests in about an hour, i'll have about a hundred open spots :mrgreen:.
  • stonewheel603
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I have the same in the morning. A lot of handshakes and no fed's.
  • Surfcitygal
    1173 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    No feds at all in my towns
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited December 2014
    Yep, my town is filled with mostly handshakes in the morning too, and barely any feds. Other times my town is filled with feds. Not sure if my neighbors just want to help themselves (doubt it, they're all forum friends) or if its just a glitch or what lol.
  • TSTOSnakeTown
    13 posts
    edited December 2014
    I think many of you are LOSING feds when you start up into your town. I think the 1 or 2 feds you find are being dumped as you start. I'm also still getting a lot of handshakes, which doesn't make sense, but not nearly enough to compensate for the lack of feds. I'm definitely experiencing the tunnel door/lost feds glitch in a couple of my towns. Perhaps you are experiencing a minor glitch of the same nature. Check your tunnel door right off the bat and see if it will open. Not that it matters, you're gonna lose the feds.

People, stop with the handshakes, give with the feds! I promise to clear my town at least every four hours for the next week or so. :wink:
  • barszap785
    454 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Same here, I'm hoping that the level 48 update has sorted any feds issue out. I'm sortof hoping that there's a reason for the handshakes instead of feds lol.

When I visited your town last night I couldn't drop any feds.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Same Fed problem with my husband's game. Also noticed that his Writers Building never clears properly. You can collect the cash from it, exit the town via KL or the friends button, come back and it's ready to collect from again. Not sure if this started happening after the level 48 upgrade but I only spotted it since then.

What's odd is that I've been playing his game on my iPad ever since he lost interest during ❤️❤️❤️❤️ but my game seems to be fine, lots of Feds and no glitch on any building that I can see. His game also crashes a lot during friend visits whereas mine doesn't.

So 2 games, 1 device, and one game is fine, the other has quite a few issues.
  • liam161958
    42 posts
    edited December 2014
    Same here, only one fed and loads of handshakes, been getting loads of Feds up until today. Must be a bug
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Yep, my town is filled with mostly handshakes in the morning too, and barely any feds. Other times my town is filled with feds. Not sure if my neighbors just want to help themselves (doubt it, they're all forum friends) or if its just a glitch or what lol.

But that's the part of their choice that makes no sense to me. Its much simpler for them to tap the fed button three times rather than scrolling through a town seeking available buildings. They get the same payout either way. The only reason I can think of for someone not tapping the fed button is that they think it makes it a pain for us to chase them down and don't realize the recipient gets a free gift for every fed caught. Maybe they think they're doing us a favor.

That said, last night, as always, I logged out. Then, this morning I woke up and logged in to to find zero feds and scads of handshakes. Logged off to check my other towns. An hour later, I logged back into my main town and found three feds so maybe it said it was full in the morning, and then after I visited and logged off, it reset? But ...
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    This usually happens to me... Few Feds lots of handshakes in the morning. Last night I couldn't sleep, so I did the tunnel tasks at 2am and 6am and I had tons of Feds at 8, when I dragged myself out of bed, late for work. Maybe coincidence? Idk. Not sure if this helps anyone, but just thought I'd share. Off to get caffeine.
  • barszap785
    454 posts Member
    edited December 2014

But that's the part of their choice that makes no sense to me. Its much simpler for them to tap the fed button three times rather than scrolling through a town seeking available buildings. They get the same payout either way. The only reason I can think of for someone not tapping the fed button is that they think it makes it a pain for us to chase them down and don't realize the recipient gets a free gift for every fed caught. Maybe they think they're doing us a favor.

That said, last night, as always, I logged out. Then, this morning I woke up and logged in to to find zero feds and scads of handshakes. Logged off to check my other towns. An hour later, I logged back into my main town and found three feds so maybe it said it was full in the morning, and then after I visited and logged off, it reset? But ...

Your town has been telling me that it is full of feds and I can't drop any for days. I've been tapping one building to keep it in sync with the others and then trying again later. This morning again it said it was full. Then I checked a few other towns I couldn't drop feds in last night and came back and was able to drop them in your town. But the past two days I don't think I could ever drop feds in your town so I would tap the rest of the buildings before the timer rolled over.

Either the entire fed dropping system is full of bugs and isn't working correctly or we just don't fully understand the system they set up. I think it's full of bugs.
  • truenykitty
    72 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Same here. Since the update, I got notifications of Feds in town, but no Feds.. Tried logging out, and uninstalled and re-installed. No luck. Hopefully this is something EA can fix. :(
  • Mirality
    251 posts
    edited December 2014
    There's definitely a bug with losing any Feds in your town whenever you log in and find the tunnel list un-openable. Sadly while you can fix the tunnels with a trip to KL or your neighbours, those Feds are gone for good.
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    barszap785 wrote:

Your town has been telling me that it is full of feds and I can't drop any for days. I've been tapping one building to keep it in sync with the others and then trying again later. This morning again it said it was full. Then I checked a few other towns I couldn't drop feds in last night and came back and was able to drop them in your town. But the past two days I don't think I could ever drop feds in your town so I would tap the rest of the buildings before the timer rolled over.

Either the entire fed dropping system is full of bugs and isn't working correctly or we just don't fully understand the system they set up. I think it's full of bugs.

Good grief. Don't worry about coming back! I'm ahead of the daily goal and in no rush. We're in the same timezone -- I'm curious ... What general time of day do you do your visits? There was one time I visited my main town from my son's town and got the message saying my town was maxed out but then when I logged back into my own town , there were only 9 feds ...

Well, I'm fine without them, but it is upsetting for those who need them. About 20 of my 83 neighbors are maxed out when I do my visits, and now I wonder if they even know that. :(
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited December 2014

It's buggy. I fedded both of you around ~11p Eastern if your towns were capable of accepting them. Can't remember, but Annette's might have been full.

I also opened up the game with only one fed. Oddly one handshake too.
  • casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited December 2014
    I was hoping that the level 48 update would fix my "game freezes during neighbor visits"...now it just force closes the app :( (sorry neighbors, I'm probably not going to be visiting until EA fixes this (yesterday it ran smoothly but today I hit a town that let me drop one fed and then gave me the "town full" screen, then I slow tapped 2 buildings, waited for the xp complete screen to come up, clicked ok, waited for the money and the text to clear the screen, tapped the next town button and app force closed (twice)...
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I was able to open my tunnel list yet I had no feds and tons of handshakes. I had also cleared my town of feds before I went to bed last night. Up until today I had been getting all feds and over night resulted in a town full of feds and one or two people leaving handshakes. And during the day nothing but feds. Today 1.5 hours after logging in, and having gone to friends list and gone back to my SF, and having visited krustyland and gone back to my SF, and exiting the game force closing it and opening it again I had 5 feds in my town. They were most likely sent by people who visited me during that 1.5 hours.
  • BlakeC02309
    96 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I've been noticing this for almost a week now.. It hasn't been as bad as what it was today though.. Funny because I just started a somewhat similar topic in Bugs & Issues thread about 10 minutes before seeing this..
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!