EA Forums - Banner

Stupid made up day names.

I've just been reading about today is how the media call today panic Saturday. Basically it's susposed to be the busiest day before Christmas shopping wise. What I want to know is who the bloody hell is coming up with these names for these days? I've never heard of it before. It goes with the days such as mischief night the night before Halloween, black Friday in November and cyber Monday straight after now this panic Saturday. All it's doing is creating madness where 10 years ago we never had these days. I think it is stupid.

The media really like to cause this sort of thing Nick. You should be used to it now. :lol:

Every day of the year has something attached to it now. :roll:

Replies

  • nicholasd30
    6646 posts
    edited December 2014
    Brevis45 wrote:
    I've just been reading about today is how the media call today panic Saturday. Basically it's susposed to be the busiest day before Christmas shopping wise. What I want to know is who the bloody hell is coming up with these names for these days? I've never heard of it before. It goes with the days such as mischief night the night before Halloween, black Friday in November and cyber Monday straight after now this panic Saturday. All it's doing is creating madness where 10 years ago we never had these days. I think it is stupid.

    The media really like to cause this sort of thing Nick. You should be used to it now. :lol:

    Every day of the year has something attached to it now. :roll:
    I know but they have caused so much shi.t it's unbelievable. I think it's time they stopped it people hear black Friday with huge discounts and it gets repeated all the time then there is going to be trouble. If there is no mention of it then there won't be any problems. Simple as. I just think it should stop
  • nicholasd30
    6646 posts
    edited December 2014
    Brevis45 wrote:
    Brevis45 wrote:
    I've just been reading about today is how the media call today panic Saturday. Basically it's susposed to be the busiest day before Christmas shopping wise. What I want to know is who the bloody hell is coming up with these names for these days? I've never heard of it before. It goes with the days such as mischief night the night before Halloween, black Friday in November and cyber Monday straight after now this panic Saturday. All it's doing is creating madness where 10 years ago we never had these days. I think it is stupid.

    The media really like to cause this sort of thing Nick. You should be used to it now. :lol:

    Every day of the year has something attached to it now. :roll:
    I know but they have caused so much shi.t it's unbelievable. I think it's time they stopped it people hear black Friday with huge discounts and it gets repeated all the time then there is going to be trouble. If there is no mention of it then there won't be any problems. Simple as. I just think it should stop

    I agree. More so with the Black Friday thing. That is an American thing. :?
    Yeah your right I think we should stop being like America.
  • nicholasd30
    6646 posts
    edited December 2014
    Brevis45 wrote:
    Yeah your right I think we should stop being like America.

    We have our own traditions we shouldn't be copying others. There is no need to. :-)

    By the way tomorrow ( December 21st ) is the shortest day of the year.

    Which means after tomorrow the daylight will get longer :D
    So it won't be long till summer:)
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Awesome marketing scam that fools 90% of people. I bet they heard it and went "yep, got to go to the shops tomorrow now" basically telling people what days they want them to spend there money on. This wouldn't happen unless it benifits them in some way and obviously this Saturday is more important than any other Saturday close to Xmas. Must be bigger dollars for them se where along the line for them to do this on this particular day.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    ****? Internet, sorry for the extra post, slow Internet. Must not want me to expose there web of lies,lol.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Or cheaper stock or the "expected" plummet in there associated currency.
  • nicholasd30
    6646 posts
    edited December 2014
    I agree emmcee:). It's completely mad. I've just read another made up day stampede Sunday ****! Am pretty sure they make it up as they go along :roll:.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I agree emmcee:). It's completely mad. I've just read another made up day stampede Sunday ****! Am pretty sure they make it up as they go along :roll:.

    Yeah absolutely, like "Love day" on the simpsons.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!