EA Forums - Banner

Warning

Kind of a non issue now since it's highly unlikely to get another 2000 in the time from now until it switches over to phase 2, right?

Replies

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Yikes. Glad I got my second and final one before this hit...hopefully it doesn't carry over to the next phase's bonus(if there is any)
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I noticed this earlier in my game too. Glad you posted to warn people. I also lost 100 donuts because one of Homers tasks would not complete. I tried all the tricks (KL, go to friend page, hard close game), but it did not resolve. I waited a few hours and when I went back in it let me proceed to the next task, but I did not get credited with the presents (it's a relatively new task, so I am not naming anything because if spoilers)
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited December 2014
    leeana69 wrote:
    Kind of a non issue now since it's highly unlikely to get another 2000 in the time from now until it switches over to phase 2, right?

Depends what time it starts tomorrow & how close people are. It may be possible for another round.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    leeana69 wrote:

Not entirely, there are still plenty of people within range of another donut bonus and if you do the math there is still time to get at least another 232 more if you are a new-this-year freemium player, plus whatever else from characters that they have...
  • leeana69
    170 posts
    edited December 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    leeana69 wrote:

Depends what time it starts tomorrow & how close people are. It may be possible for another round.

Well the countdown says another 12 hours for phase 1, and if you are at the point where you are getting the bonus donuts, you've got the 2000 presents and the counter resets to zero again. So any presents you get after that are kind of useless because there is no way you can get another 2000 in the next 12 hours. Right?
  • leeana69
    170 posts
    edited December 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    leeana69 wrote:

Not entirely, there are still plenty of people within range of another donut bonus and if you do the math there is still time to get at least another 232 more if you are a new-this-year freemium player, plus whatever else from characters that they have...

Well the warning was about losing the additional gifts after the 2000. It doesn't matter about losing these extra gifts, really, because you're starting at zero again after the bonus.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    leeana69 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    leeana69 wrote:

Well the warning was about losing the additional gifts after the 2000. It doesn't matter about losing these extra gifts, really, because you're starting at zero again after the bonus.

True...misinterpreted your intent there, once they reach the bonus it won't matter with the time left.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    This has, unfortunately, been a problem for every donut bonus I've ever seen, starting with the goo during Halloween 2013. It's kind of a bummer, but at least I've never gotten so far off that I missed a whole donut box
    suetopia wrote:
    I noticed this earlier in my game too. Glad you posted to warn people. I also lost 100 donuts because one of Homers tasks would not complete. I tried all the tricks (KL, go to friend page, hard close game), but it did not resolve. I waited a few hours and when I went back in it let me proceed to the next task, but I did not get credited with the presents (it's a relatively new task, so I am not naming anything because if spoilers)
    Please, do share. I'm not sure what task you're talking about.
    (And I set this up for a reason: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10256592.page )
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    This has, unfortunately, been a problem for every donut bonus I've ever seen, starting with the goo during Halloween 2013. It's kind of a bummer, but at least I've never gotten so far off that I missed a whole donut box
    suetopia wrote:
    Please, do share. I'm not sure what task you're talking about.
    (And I set this up for a reason: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10256592.page )

Oops. Wrote donuts, meant presents! Please excuse the slip - I've been a bit tired, and was not paying attention to what I was typing.
    It was Jingle Bell Wreck part 14.

EDIT: I saw that you had set the spoiler free area up after my original post in this thread. Great idea! A lot of new forum members / relatively new members don't realize people may get upset by potential spoilers, so definitely a good idea :D
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

It wasn't a problem with the Stonecutters event. We lost emblems when the amount of emblems earned went over the bonus amount but we never hat to go to KL or visit neighbors to make the bonus stick.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

It wasn't a problem with the Stonecutters event. We lost emblems when the amount of emblems earned went over the bonus amount but we never hat to go to KL or visit neighbors to make the bonus stick.
    Fair point. I guess I just figured the lost currency was a syncing problem. This is just a worse syncing problem than usual.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.