EA Forums - Banner

Glitchmas phase 2 - what do we know so far?

Prev1
johncolombo
11603 posts Senior Moderator
So far, here's what I get in four towns ...

Max elves = 30
Max number of cannon shots = 3
Max number of elves fired per cannon shot = 9

Don't shoot cannon with less than 9 elves inside. If there are only 4 elves, then you are wasting your cannon shot ... You only get credit for 4. (Learned that the hard way)

Not sure when they regenerate.

Thank GOD for the ability to dim everything but characters n move mode. Makes finding the elves a snap!
Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ

Replies

• johncolombo
    edited December 2014
    So far, here's what I get in four towns ...

Max elves = 30
    Max number of cannon shots = 3
    Max number of elves fired per cannon shot = 9

Don't shoot cannon with less than 9 elves inside. If there are only 4 elves, then you are wasting your cannon shot ... You only get credit for 4. (Learned that the hard way)

Not sure when they regenerate.

Thank GOD for the ability to dim everything but characters n move mode. Makes finding the elves a snap!

Thanks Annette and Merry Christmas to you.
    I have 17 elves in a jar right now and I forget how I get them into the canon, so will it take all 17 or more next time I fire it or did we put them in by tapping the canon fuse?
  • johncolombo
    edited December 2014
    I just tapped the elves door in suetopia's town and got ten bells, so canons and elves door equals good. Anything else?

Edit: did in another town, it makes the graffiti can noise when tapped.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I just tapped the elves door in suetopia's town and got ten bells, so canons and elves door equals good. Anything else?

I have a lucky tunnel door! Glad you benefited!

EDIT: can't get into my town right now :? What did you do, John? :mrgreen: When I get in, I'll post the payout I recieve from the door (if no one else has posted it)
    (Ahhh Glitchmas strikes again!)
  • johncolombo
    edited December 2014
    suetopia wrote:

EDIT: can't get into my town right now :? What did you do, John? :mrgreen: When I get in, I'll post the payout I recieve from the door (if no one else has posted it)

Good luck getting in. I would assume it gave you 5 bells.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    suetopia wrote:

Good luck getting in. I would assume it gave you 5 bells.

Thanks John! I still can't get in (lots of people having the same issue) - hopefully soon. I'm going on the assumption you are correct and it's 5 bells (because that is logical). If it's different I'll let you know :D

EDIT: It is indeed 5 bells
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Not only that, but as soon as the handshake is cleared, the cannon can be tapped again by another neighbor. Just added a post to the level 2 thread/ guide stickied at the top of the forum.

From one feeder, tapped cannon three times each (collected and synced between each tap). Feeder got total oft 30 bells for three taps, main town got total of 15 for collection.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • ndeeka
    440 posts
    edited December 2014

I heard the Grafitti noise as well. I'm guessing those are towns who do not yet have the cannon.

I was able to tap on the cannon in some neighbor towns... the cannon fired, but it did'nt seem to do anything for my bellcount.
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited December 2014
    Nothing is known about elves spawn rate? I collected around 30 for the first cannon quest (3x9elves shoot), then after a while I got bart screen and when I logged back the town was full again...but maybe it was a sync issue.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited December 2014
    I tapped a neighbors cannon & elves shot out
  • johncolombo
    edited December 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    Oh my. This may be the second time this forum went NSFW.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • leeana69
    170 posts
    edited December 2014
    I could be wrong, but I think the latest update already fixed the Christmas depot glitch.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    leeana69 wrote:
    I could be wrong, but I think the latest update already fixed the Christmas depot glitch.

I think so to
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    Oh my. This may the second time this forum went NSFW.

ROFL!
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • johncolombo
    edited December 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    Oh my. This may the second time this forum went NSFW.

ROFL!

sometimes this forum distracts me from the game plus I should be getting ready for 2 X-mas eve parties but nope glued to game and forum.
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Elves seem glitchy to me. In my town they seem to spawn only after I go to the friends screen or KL.

I enter my town, no elves, go to the friend screen and come directly back to my SF, 3 elves.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Elves seem glitchy to me. In my town they seem to spawn only after I go to the friends screen or KL.

I enter my town, no elves, go to the friend screen and come directly back to my SF, 3 elves.
    That seems eerily familiar somehow...

Oh yeah. FEDS!
  • casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited December 2014
    As of 8pm eastern, I can no longer collect from SideShowYou in Krustyland (I collected it fine around noon after phase 2 launched but when I went in to collect from Homer 's first 8 hour task, tapping SideShowYou caused this really fast white flash(it didn't show a countdown timer and there was no floating balloon). I noticed some update download around 6pm or so...happy glitchmas, y'all.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Well, talking of glitchiness, my Sideshow You seems to be broken. The screen just kind of flickers when I tap it.

I know a lot of players don't give a hoot about Krustyland, but I've gotten forty donuts there dagnabit! Anyone else have a similar issue?
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    How bizarre, the game hasn't even triggered this part of the update for me yet. When should I expect to?
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I posted some info.
    that I gathered while playing a bit ago. My post is on page two under the heading Toozy's. I haven't as of yet.figured out how to get cog wheels, but, I also found out the hard way of shooting the cannon too many times. I know, the cogs somehow regenerate the cannon. Maybe they come with the control building. I sort of figured, from now on, I'm going to wait until I have a full boat of elves in the canning jars, before blowing them to kingdom come. At least phase two prizes seem to be a little better than phase one. If I got another decorated house, I was going to jump off the highest building in town.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.