EA Forums - Banner

Can't buy donuts from Gil

Prev1
Same problem here, under Android 4.4.4.

Replies

• GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Trying to buy a truckload on an iPad 2 and it makes a little click sound and closes.

I hope this is fixed befor Gil deal is over.
  • jcunning_1974
    27 posts New member
    edited December 2014
    I bought donuts, game locked up, had to close it, got email I had been charged, but donuts not showing in game. Very nice.
  • Zacabeb
    70 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I managed to buy donuts after a while. Surprisingly, they were delivered without issue.
  • da_caveman
    169 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Same here, money was charged but no donuts recieved at all...
  • richmount
    1 posts
    edited December 2014
    Through my impatience I bought 2 packs of the 300 donuts (19.99 ) I haven't received them yet .... I hope ea fixes it .
  • mizstephy
    33 posts
    edited December 2014
    I can't even access the store to buy donuts :( i wanted to get donuts so i can fnally get barney.
  • MadDogMischo
    2 posts
    edited December 2014
    :evil:
    I too have experienced the broken doughnut promotion with Gil. I purchased a boatload ($99.99) to maximize the deal. Transaction went through amazon without incident. It also went through without delivering the doughnuts in game.

I contacted Amazon, who refunded the credit to me so I could try again. Second attempt same result. Now I am sitting on a big pile O amazon coins, waiting for EA to fix this. Anyone know if they have an official place they announce updates and bug fixes? Amazon has been cool so far, but it's always a lottery as to the quality of customer service one gets.

I see many other people have likewise been affected. For those of you using amazon app store as your gateway, the contact CS link is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/apps?#a

It is not the easiest page to find on your own (Which is why I'm posting the direct link), but I did get a refund through this channel twice, so I would say it works.

Good luck to my fellow victims of the Grinch who steals doughnuts.
  • jcm1178
    6 posts
    edited December 2014
    Bought truckload of donuts. Charged for them. Still have not showed up in my inventory. Add that to the fact that the game will not load at all. Adds up to one fun Christmas!
  • da_caveman
    169 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Awesome, I managed to get my money back for the purchase. Google cancelled it entirely :)
  • GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Just had an in game update. It appears to let some people locked out of their towns back in, but I'm still unable to purchase donuts.
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I purchased 300 donuts (+45) and was charged, but I see no donuts added to my total. :(

EA is on vacation, tried contacting them, but it's Christmas. Where are my donuts ! :?

• KTwins97
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I too bought $20.00 worth of donuts, took money from account and no donuts..how will ea repair the situation?
  • leigh_mee2
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    :evil: I can't buy the Gill donuts as well, every time I try the game crashes! I hope they fix it before the promotion finishes, other wise they are going to miss out on a lot of $$!! :?
  • MadDogMischo
    2 posts
    edited December 2014
    Just received a small update, which at least for me has solved the doughnut issues, I successfully bought a boatload, and received both the bonus donuts and 2500 amazon coins if you are using the amazon marketplace for your purchase. 2500 coin is the equivalent of $25.00 in digital content (say even more doughnuts!)
    So look for that tiny update when you are syncing and give it a go.
  • Miggwilson
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Same here....bought the boatload to max out the deal...got charged. Guess what? No freaking donuts in my account. I sent an email to Apple and want to send one to EA. Does anyone have the correct email address to at least get them to look into it? This is frustrating. Thanks. :x
  • GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Just a thought...
    Does anyone with the donut purchase problem also have phantom thumps up?
    NT8MtX8.jpg?1
    Those thumps don't belong to anyone and will not go away.
  • websterj6
    2 posts
    edited December 2014
    Ice tried to purchase twice both times it froze and booted me out both times it charged me and I haven't recieved any donuts! Not even with the update today :(
  • jcunning_1974
    27 posts New member
    edited December 2014
    I contacted Google and am getting a refund. Do the same if you can.

For testing, I tried to buy donuts again. First time the game locked up when I tapped on the donuts. Second time I got to the password but backed out (no way Im going to actually try to buy any) and it locked up, leaving me to assume it would have locked up again if I had put in the password.
  • alexfitzro560
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I contacted Google and am getting a refund. Do the same if you can.

I have an nexus 7 phone, and hate, HATE, trying to contact EA. I will try Google, thanks for the heads up.
  • sarice8
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Same, unable to purchase donuts on ipad. Crashes to desktop, then pops up prompt for itunes password. Not going to enter it in this state, so at least not charged.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.