EA Forums - Banner

Declining numbers, again...and a suggestion for EA

I think this is a really nice idea, and would love to see it implemented. The only problem with it is that some people only have a few neighbours and prefer to keep a short list for various reasons - this would penalize them, unfortunately, as they may not get the maximum benefit from neighbour visits.
As someone in the later part of the list, though, I totally appreciate this thought :D

Replies

• drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    suetopia wrote:
    I think this is a really nice idea, and would love to see it implemented. The only problem with it is that some people only have a few neighbours and prefer to keep a short list for various reasons - this would penalize them, unfortunately, as they may not get the maximum benefit from neighbour visits.
    As someone in the later part of the list, though, I totally appreciate this thought :D

Agreed here. It wasn't until I became a forum regular that my neighbor count went way up, so I can imagine those not savvy to ways of getting lots of neighbors would get really shortchanged with the OP's method.
  • casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited December 2014
    I disliked the random nonalphabetical neighbor list (from Valentine's? Earlier?) but that might address the end of alphabet issues (although I worry about the middle of my list the most as I tend to go a to z one day and then z to a the next)...I've actually kept my neighbor list at around 60-65 because it's the best balance between making sure I visit everyone and reaching the friend point prizes quickly.
  • iain51269522
    756 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    By now we've all discovered that while visiting...

Nope only the people who could get in have discovered this.

Christmas update which you can't access at Christmas EApick fail.

Can we appeal the results of the worlds worst company competition this late display must be considered.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Said it awhile back, but my thought is to leave alphabetical, but shift forward one letter every 24 hours, year-round.

Day 1, A would show at the beginning.
    Day 2, B is at beginning (and A moves to end).
    Day 3, C is at the beginning (and B follows A at the end)
    ... yadda yadda.

Rotate through the alphabet that way. Equal treatment. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited December 2014
    Said it awhile back, but my thought is to leave alphabetical, but shift forward one letter every 24 hours, year-round.

Day 1, A would show at the beginning.
    Day 2, B is at beginning (and A moves to end).
    Day 3, C is at the beginning (and B follows A at the end)
    ... yadda yadda.

Rotate through the alphabet that way. Equal treatment. :)

That's actually really nice (it should lessen people randomly renaming themselves which I totally understand with the current system but it makes things odd especially when it's a massive name shift)
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    By now we've all discovered that while visiting neighbors we will earn a higher number of bells visiting the first names on our neighbor lists, fewer bells later on in the list and eventually earn only cash and XP towards the end of the list. This is the same logic that's been used in past promotions, which works well for some players but not so well for others.

Personally, I always visit my entire neighbor list as I feel it's unfair to stop short, and I usually find at least one or two random donuts along the way. However, I know many players don't bother with their entire lists, once their incentive to visit diminishes. This tends to penalize those of us with player names in the latter-part of the alphabet. Therefore, I have a suggestion for the EA developers:

Rather than have the rewards diminish while visiting neighbors, why not turn this around and start out with the lower numbers and have them INCREASE as the player visits more towns? This way, players are encouraged to connect with more players as the rewards are greater, and all their neighbors benefit.

I like your idea. :thumbup:

Reward people for having large friend lists. I used keep my list at a 100 but have been slowly letting it dwindle.
    There was never a reason for me to have 100 except a slightly better chance at a free donut.

I only get rewarded for the 1st 30-40 neighbors during events.

Having more than 50-60 can negatively impact all my neighbors during events when I have a limited # of items to drop in their towns. Like Halloween, ****, etc.

FPs gains drop drastically after the 1st 30 neighbors plus FP prizes aren't time limited.

I'd load my list up again if there was more benefit but as it sits now it is not worth the extra time.

And Merry Xmas with Happy Holidays for all.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!