EA Forums - Banner

Elf zapper - Worst. 'Prize'. Ever. Spoiler alert.

Prev1
leeana69 wrote:
Ok, so I just got the elf zapper and I'm fully convinced it only zaps when there are no elves in your town. I've tried to play around with it, and maybe I'm technically challenged but it doesn't seem to want to work. It says to tap and hold your screen. Well, I have done that repeatedly with an elf nearby, even, and it doesnt zap. Even whenjoy I have seen the zap, the radius is so small, I think it would make this thing completely useless for me. My problem isn't with having to tap elves to bottle them, it's actually trying to find the little buggers in the first place. These things don't behave like our alien friends at halloween, they don't swarm together in one spot, and even if a couple were chilling out in one area, it just as easy to tap them once each than to try and muck around with the zapper. So, I thereby nominate the zapper to the Worst. Prize. Ever.

It works for me but what I have found is that you have to get the angle right so the elf is on the right of the area where your zapping. If that helps. :-)

Replies

• barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    It's similar to the zapper we used with bunnies from some other event. I use it like a vacuum cleaner, holding it down as I move through my city. It is very effective for me.
  • Cvija01
    466 posts
    edited December 2014
    I dont know how use this,mb dont work :(
  • bqlehmann
    24 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I got the 1,700 Bells for the Cannon Control, but I can't place it. It says it's in my inventory, but I don't see it anywhere. Any ideas where it is in the inventory?
  • Cvija01
    466 posts
    edited December 2014
    Brevis45 wrote:
    Cvija01 wrote:

Ok what you have to do is click and hold your finger to the screen you will see loads of lightening bolt type things shoot out of where your finger is. Move your finger around while still in contact with the screen. :thumbup:

Dont work or i do mistake :(:(:( i don't understand how,when i click and hold = nothing...
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Cvija01 wrote:
    Brevis45 wrote:
    Cvija01 wrote:

Ok what you have to do is click and hold your finger to the screen you will see loads of lightening bolt type things shoot out of where your finger is. Move your finger around while still in contact with the screen. :thumbup:

Dont work or i do mistake :(:(:( i don't understand how,when i click and hold = nothing...

Do you have this in the top right corner?

elf_bottler.png
  • Cvija01
    466 posts
    edited December 2014
    yes,and say: Press and hold on the screen to use the Elf Bottler. It'll catch all nearby elves! :)
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Cvija01 wrote:
    yes,and say: Press and hold on the screen to use the Elf Bottler. It'll catch all nearby elves! :)

Awesome! It takes some practice, but you lightly touch the screen and hold to see lightning shooting out from under your finger, and then hold as you move around.

Keep trying to get it to "spark" by lightly holding your finger on the screen. If it doesn't work, move your finger to another nearby spot and try again.

• Cvija01
    466 posts
    edited December 2014
    Ok i will try...now=.Bart screen :(
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Cvija01 wrote:

Bart screen here too. Let us know how it goes when you can :D
  • Cvija01
    466 posts
    edited December 2014
    Cvija01 wrote:

when i press and hold = nothing :(:(:(
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Cvija01 wrote:
    Cvija01 wrote:

when i press and hold = nothing :(:(:(

I understand. It has to be a light touch. When I do it, sometimes the screen will move very slightly after I hold, and it doesn't work, but if I move a couple of times trying in different spots, and the screen doesn't move as I lightly touch and hold, it works. EDIT: Your hand must be very still when tapping and then holding.********
    I hope that made sense.
  • Cvija01
    466 posts
    edited December 2014
    :):):) i do that,but i dont know how... :D
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Cvija01 wrote:
    :):):) i do that,but i dont know how... :D

I've done this before with the bunny zapper, so I have previous experience with it but it still takes me multiple times (sometimes) for it to work, and sometimes I can make it work 10 times in a row. Your tap and hold must be very still. If the town moves slightly after you touch and hold it, it won't work. Also, try different spots on the end of your finger by turning your finger slightly to tap and hold.
  • Cvija01
    466 posts
    edited December 2014
    ok,thanksss :D:D:D

now cant...I hate Elf zapper - Worst. 'Prize'. Ever. :(
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited December 2014
    +1 for the limited range. I hope everything in the "thunder" radius would be zapped, but you actually have to go over the elves with your finger to zap them.
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Cvija01 wrote:

Have you been able to get it to work?
  • Cvija01
    466 posts
    edited December 2014
    Cvija01 wrote:

yes,and i move ...but i dont know how work :(
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Cvija01 wrote:
    Cvija01 wrote:

yes,and i move ...but i dont know how work :(

Once you see the "lightning" zapping under your finger, move it on an elf to zap it. It helps in areas where you have money floating over buildings to help neighbors. It will zap the elf instead of you tapping all of those money icons trying to get the elf. Also helps zap elves behind buildings.
  • Cvija01
    466 posts
    edited December 2014
    ok,thansk,very help me all :)
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    It is tricky. It took me sometime to figure it out for Easter.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!