EA Forums - Banner

I want to buy doughnuts, but I'm afraid

What I would do is this...

Buy them but be careful.

When the app asks you to sign into the store, make sure you are still running the app and it hasnt exited.

If you buy them in-game, you are ok.

If you get the prompt to purchase them in a screen outside the game
(game has closed/gone to the main device page - i dont know what system you have) then abort the transaction.

Thats been my experience. Dont blame me either way :-)

Replies

• OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited December 2014
    I haven't gotten any Donuts but plan on doing it later today. I didn't know this was a problem. I'll be furious if it happens to me, especially since I'm getting a Boat Load.

What I plan on doing though is not buying Donuts if the game crashes. If it crashes, I'll close the app, go back in, and buy them before it crashes. Hopefully that prevents it from happening.
  • billdoors1533
    303 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    When I bought donuts Christmas Eve it confirmed the purchase then promptly crashed I managed to get on once more that night and found the donuts missing but I had been charged then the game crashed again and I was locked out until today not exactly inspiring
  • casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited December 2014
    As someone who bought donuts back in August and didn't receive them, screenshots are your friend...prepurchase of your donut total, any shots you can get of the order process (I use amazon so I can screenshots the IAP in game menu from Amazon, the transaction successful once you are back in your town and then what your new donut total is (also electronic receipts from googleplay/iTunes/amazon are your friend....support was great (but again I had tons of documentation) (I think the reason the transaction glitched for me was shaky internet but support came through (with bonus donuts for my trouble)
  • bort0matic
    108 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I bought some last night. The game did minimize/disconnect but I got the donuts anyway. Weird, though.
  • kal2usa495
    17 posts
    edited December 2014
    As someone who bought donuts back in August and didn't receive them, screenshots are your friend...prepurchase of your donut total, any shots you can get of the order process (I use amazon so I can screenshots the IAP in game menu from Amazon, the transaction successful once you are back in your town and then what your new donut total is (also electronic receipts from googleplay/iTunes/amazon are your friend....support was great (but again I had tons of documentation) (I think the reason the transaction glitched for me was shaky internet but support came through (with bonus donuts for my trouble)

When this happened what website/method did you use to contact EA? I just haf this glitch happen but didn't get screenshots. Though mt credit card shows the charge.
  • jesusisadr734
    68 posts
    edited December 2014
    Just my personal experience- I bought some on Christmas Eve before it started glitching out and crashing. Now everything seems to be running smoothly. Just my two cents.
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    buy them and buy as many as you can afford. This sale happens once a year. If you have issues it will get resolved.
  • casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited December 2014
    kal2usa495 wrote:

When this happened what website/method did you use to contact EA? I just haf this glitch happen but didn't get screenshots. Though mt credit card shows the charge.

I used the general ea support (help.ea.com fill out the info, I did contact via email then after I got the we're looking into this email I clicked on the link in the email and navigated on the webpage it took to me "my cases " and then I added dropbox links to my proof...I only know amazon ordering statements but I think Googleplay/itunes will also show the purchase as "boatload of donuts" or whatever...good luck
  • kal2usa495
    17 posts
    edited December 2014
    Got off the phone with support. They took care of everything.

Needed me to give them my account email and send a screenshot (which I'd already attached to my ticket based on advice in this thread).

The also gave me 50 extra donuts for the trouble. I'd ordered a store full. I don't know if that affected the extra trouble donuts.
  • 22steelpaw
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    kal2usa495 wrote:
    The also gave me 50 extra donuts for the trouble. I'd ordered a store full. I don't know if that affected the extra trouble donuts.
    I bet it did. I'm sure they wouldn't have given you 50 extra donuts if you'd only bought a dozen to start with.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited December 2014

Yes. Sort of like pics or it didn't happen
  • Crwzin
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I had the same problem on the 26th. I bought a boatload then it crashed and I still have the 9 donuts I had beforehand. I sent a couple of notes through google play but have not heard back from them as of yet. Still says pending on my credit card :(

What really frustrates me is I wanted a few of the holiday items and now it's to late to get them :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!