EA Forums - Banner

Is it possible to get the required bells?

Replies

• Hugemember1
    130 posts
    edited December 2014
    I do have my tunnel beside the cannon, but as I said, I am not getting enough elves to shoot.

I can shoot 11 per time (so 33 every 3 hours) and I dont even have 20. That measn I can even reset the clock on the cannon until I can shoot the 3rd time.....

How are you guys getting the elves in the first place? I come on 1-2 times per hour but still dont get enough for a full cannon....

Thanks
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I do have my tunnel beside the cannon, but as I said, I am not getting enough elves to shoot.

I can shoot 11 per time (so 33 every 3 hours) and I dont even have 20. That measn I can even reset the clock on the cannon until I can shoot the 3rd time.....

How are you guys getting the elves in the first place? I come on 1-2 times per hour but still dont get enough for a full cannon....

Thanks

Shooting the elves is just part of the bell getting process. Clearing your cannon and elf cave as well as visiting neighbors and tapping on their cannons and elf caves also give lots of bells. There is no way to get full cannons after a certain point unless you wait to shoot the cannons. I currently have 14,832 bells. I have shot 1202 elves. At the most, I made 6,010 bells off these elves. This number is less since I used the 5 bells I am currently getting. The majority of the bells come from neighbor visits as well as the quests.
  • Hugemember1
    130 posts
    edited December 2014
    Wow...how did you get that so fast?

I know what you mean re visiting friends etc. I do visit friends each day. I mainly hit the tunnels/cannon and often go looking for them. But even then the most I am getting is about 400 per day from friends. You will still need to launch 5 full cannons (I have 5 bells x 11 elves shot @ 165 every 3 hours)

As I am currently only getting 2 full cannons per shot, I will fall way short......

Thanks again
  • johncolombo
    11602 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Wow...how did you get that so fast?

I know what you mean re visiting friends etc. I do visit friends each day. I mainly hit the tunnels/cannon and often go looking for them. But even then the most I am getting is about 400 per day from friends. You will still need to launch 5 full cannons (I have 5 bells x 11 elves shot @ 165 every 3 hours)

As I am currently only getting 2 full cannons per shot, I will fall way short......

Thanks again

Only tap doors and canons, that's how a lot of us have been playing. I got Little helper ralph today which means I need to only get 700 and some bells a day now to finish as I'm 6 days ahead. And keep logging it to clear you doors and canons. That's an easy 10 bells every time you clear. Good luck!
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Hugemember1
    130 posts
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for that. I will try....

Still would feel more comfortable with more elves to shoot. I am day ahead atm, so hoping to at least stay ahead of the game for a few more days (and hopefully some more bell tasks come along to help)

Thanks again
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    According to that chart I'm 3 days ahead. However the number of bells required for the gifts seem to be slightly off on this chart. In my springfield I need 13,800 bells for little helper Ralph. The chart says 14,220 a 420 bells difference. The last gift I had the annual gift man was 10,100 bells needed but the chart says 10,665 a 565 bells difference.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    adruralo52 wrote:
    According to that chart I'm 3 days ahead. However the number of bells required for the gifts seem to be slightly off on this chart. In my springfield I need 13,800 bells for little helper Ralph. The chart says 14,220 a 420 bells difference. The last gift I had the annual gift man was 10,100 bells needed but the chart says 10,665 a 565 bells difference.
    The chart is how many bells you should have that day, not the number for the prize you'll also unlock that day.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Okay, got it.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • johncolombo
    edited December 2014
    barszap785 wrote:
    If I had to give just ONE hint, it would be this:

PUT. YOUR. CANNON. BESIDE. YOUR. ELF. TUNNEL.

I try very hard to tap on cannons and tunnels whenever possible, but some people have placed their cannons all the way across town from their tunnels. They are missing out on more bells! When you tap a neighbor's cannon and/or tunnel, she gets bells!!

^^THIS^^

Place them across town? I swear and I've said this in a previous post, some people appear to be hiding their elf door.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    barszap785 wrote:

I try very hard to tap on cannons and tunnels whenever possible, but some people have placed their cannons all the way across town from their tunnels. They are missing out on more bells! When you tap a neighbor's cannon and/or tunnel, she gets bells!!

^^THIS^^

Place them across town? I swear and I've said this in a previous post, some people appear to be hiding their elf door.

Or the cannon. Many times, I can't even find it... oh well.

I'm pleasantly surprised, though, I'm a few days ahead of schedule. Hopefully I can build a bigger lead to give myself a chance for donuts.
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    barszap785 wrote:

^^THIS^^

I'm pleasantly surprised, though, I'm a few days ahead of schedule. Hopefully I can build a bigger lead to give myself a chance for donuts.

How can you not find the canon? That's the default landing spot. If you don't land on a canon (slideshow bob aside) then you're neighbor hasn't even starting playing winter part 2 yet.
  • Mirality
    251 posts
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    barszap785 wrote:

^^THIS^^

The game should center on the cannon when the town opens -- it's the new landing focus item. Though sometimes it's crowded with other things and may be harder to see.

Finding the elf door can be more problematic, but at least most of the time when it's not near the cannon it's near the toy workshop, which is easier to find due to its size & colour.

(On some occasions you'll scroll to Sideshow Bob instead of the cannon, but after tapping him you can either just look for the cannon or reload the town.)
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    barszap785 wrote:

^^THIS^^

How can you not find the canon? That's the default landing spot. If you don't land on a canon (slideshow bob aside) then you're neighbor hasn't even starting playing winter part 2 yet.

Unless it's completely hidden. Many times it'll go to the elf cannon station. I'm a good neighbor, so I used to really look for it but drives me nuts.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    barszap785 wrote:

^^THIS^^

I've noticed that as well. While for some its a decorative decision (a Christmas area away from the landing zone), I've seen some where the tunnel was in a far corner, tucked away hidden under some trees. I decided that maybe they're trying to save it untapped to help specific friends, and they let those friends know where to look for it..

I can imagine doing that if I knew I couldn't keep it clear and had someone *cough* like my son *cough* needing the extra points. In my case, my son is gonna get Ralph and maybe spruce caboose, and if he wants to see what an island looks like, he can visit his mom's town. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    barszap785 wrote:

^^THIS^^

The funny things is that I have been through my neighbors towns so much that I have memorized where there hidden elf doors are except for one which has no roads and I haven't bothered trying to figure it out.
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2015
    meinaz wrote:
    barszap785 wrote:

^^THIS^^

The funny things is that I have been through my neighbors towns so much that I have memorized where there hidden elf doors are except for one which has no roads and I haven't bothered trying to figure it out.

I've done that as well and am often rewarded with a bell. Dalton has his hid pretty well but I know where it is. So I'm almost glad now some are hidden.
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    No, we won't get enough bells if we can't log on. That's the answer.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    It'd be nice if we could had gotten elves for either daily prizes or could mix it up between tapping bells in our neighbor's towns or bottling elves.
  • cbratushesky
    144 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    There is someone on my friends list who has only fired 2 more elves than me but have over 2500 more bells. Wow. I'll keep at it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    It'd be nice if we could had gotten elves for either daily prizes or could mix it up between tapping bells in our neighbor's towns or bottling elves.

I love your idea of being able to bottle a neighbor's elves. It would help solve the shortage and would be fun to do. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.