EA Forums - Banner

Storing items

Prev1
I store anything I can. Premium characters? Premium buildings? Premium decorations? Yes, yes and yes.

I store if it's ugly, out of season, and for so many other reasons, as I can become bored easily.

For example, I move the whale around as if it is swimming from one area to another, then store as if it went away for a bit. Yes, I am a tad crazy, before you ask.

The only items that stay, no matter what, are the items that can't be stored, I really like, are crucial/common for quest lines, and that's it.

I find that during slow times, like last summer, I can refresh my town with stored items so it feels almost new again.

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm like the opposite of Barry, I try to keep my storage relatively clear. Mostly decorations in my storage. If I can't find a good use for something (especially if it isn't making me money) I'll store it, but I keep all my buildings and multipliers out.
  • 22steelpaw
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I store things I don't like, such as all three **** castles; things I've got as prizes or in Mystery Boxes where there are enough of them in my town already (eg hovercopter, I've got two but only want one; topiary angels, got three but only want two, one for each side of the church); out of season things, like easter eggs and halloween pumpkins; and bits and pieces of fence, walls, barricades and stop signs that have accumulated during remodelling efforts.
    And also Mr Teeny. He drove me mad with his single task that required Krusty to be free as well. He'll be in storage forever.
    Otherwise, my town is not yet so full, nor my coffers so rich, that I want to store buildings (other than the castles) or any item with a multiplier. If I don't want to see a multiplier decoration I'll hide it behind a building (eg cornucopia, hidden because it's out of season now, but next Thanksgiving I'll put it back in Springfield Park).
    I haven't stored any of my NPCs yet, so far I quite like most of them. Bonestorm Santa will have to go at the end of the holiday season, and the Capital City Goofball might go as well. I feel that he has no business being in Springfield.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    My storage is pretty empty. There are some decorations that I have already way too many of in my town-Easter gates, Easter ponds, Human test subjects, mystery box prizes. Mr. Teeny is also stored so I don't have to look at his head and not be able to assign a task to him.
  • jackmack010
    366 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Arnie Pie
    Abandoned Store
    Barbarian Castle
    Boxingham Palace
    Castle Recycle
    First Church Of Lard Lad
    Fort Sensible
    Gypsy Fortune Teller
    Honest Johns Computers
    Sprawl-Mart
    Springfield Wax Museum
    Stonecutters Daycare Center
    Stonecutter Lodge
    Ultrahouse 2
    Blue House--5 total
    Rigellian Tribal Hut--2
    Spooky House--2
    Ark Of The Stonecovenant
    Burns Coffin
    Rigellian Queen
    Sacred Parchment
    Ancient Burial Grounds
    Angle Topiary--6
    Beach Towel & Umbrella--7
    Camp Fire
    Chest Of Sacred Artifacts
    Cobblestone Wall--169
    Dead Tree--17
    Blue Dumpsters--5
    Easter Ponds--13
    Wooden Fence--16
    Festive Candycane--6
    Festive Fancy Lawn Bell--46
    Festive Lawn Bell--9
    Fleet-A-Pita--7
    Fountain
    Fried Dough Stand
    Gas Pump--4
    Gazebo
    Guillotine--2
    Hay Cart
    Homer's Grave--2
    Human Test Subject--2
    Jack-O-Lantern--57
    Large Hedge--142
    Medieval Tent--11
    Minnow Pond--2
    News Paper Dispenser
    Parking Lot--32
    Parking Meter--7
    Patio Table
    Picket Fence--11
    Pumpkin Patch--21
    Rabbit Hedge--14
    Rigellian Shrub--7
    Santa's Little Helper Balloon
    Shrub--16
    Small Hedge--47
    Snapdragons--7
    Spooky Tree--16
    Spooky Wall--25
    Stop Sign--7
    Swing
    Training Wall--8
    Tree--142--various types
    Two-Storie Outhouse--3
    Wailing Wal
    Windmill
    Wooden Fence--64
    Hugo
    Hugs Bunny
    Maude
    Shuffling Zombie
    Snarling Zombie
    The Yes Guy………………

……... That's alota stuff
  • barryriddl474
    4821 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Arnie Pie
    Abandoned Store
    Barbarian Castle
    Boxingham Palace
    Castle Recycle
    First Church Of Lard Lad
    Fort Sensible
    Gypsy Fortune Teller
    Honest Johns Computers
    Sprawl-Mart
    Springfield Wax Museum
    Stonecutters Daycare Center
    Stonecutter Lodge
    Ultrahouse 2
    Blue House--5 total
    Rigellian Tribal Hut--2
    Spooky House--2
    Ark Of The Stonecovenant
    Burns Coffin
    Rigellian Queen
    Sacred Parchment
    Ancient Burial Grounds
    Angle Topiary--6
    Beach Towel & Umbrella--7
    Camp Fire
    Chest Of Sacred Artifacts
    Cobblestone Wall--169
    Dead Tree--17
    Blue Dumpsters--5
    Easter Ponds--13
    Wooden Fence--16
    Festive Candycane--6
    Festive Fancy Lawn Bell--46
    Festive Lawn Bell--9
    Fleet-A-Pita--7
    Fountain
    Fried Dough Stand
    Gas Pump--4
    Gazebo
    Guillotine--2
    Hay Cart
    Homer's Grave--2
    Human Test Subject--2
    Jack-O-Lantern--57
    Large Hedge--142
    Medieval Tent--11
    Minnow Pond--2
    News Paper Dispenser
    Parking Lot--32
    Parking Meter--7
    Patio Table
    Picket Fence--11
    Pumpkin Patch--21
    Rabbit Hedge--14
    Rigellian Shrub--7
    Santa's Little Helper Balloon
    Shrub--16
    Small Hedge--47
    Snapdragons--7
    Spooky Tree--16
    Spooky Wall--25
    Stop Sign--7
    Swing
    Training Wall--8
    Tree--142--various types
    Two-Storie Outhouse--3
    Wailing Wal
    Windmill
    Wooden Fence--64
    Hugo
    Hugs Bunny
    Maude
    Shuffling Zombie
    Snarling Zombie
    The Yes Guy………………

……... That's alota stuff

tumblr_inline_mlr48sCYXm1qz4rgp.gif
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    If it's ugly I store it. If it's out of season I store it. Awkward? I store it. Sometimes if I move buildings or change lay outS I end up with extra trees, shrubs, flowers, fence pieces etc, I store them until I need em.
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    If it's not a multiplier and I am modifying I often store things. Mostly fences and little decorations. Excess housing, KEM's. All that sort of stuff.
    Multipliers all stay out. Even if I have to hide them.
  • mikepellerin60
    490 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I only store things I don't know what to do with yet. I'm still designing and don't have all of the land yet. The bottom of my SF looks like a disaster area (I'm sure my in-game forum friends can attest to that).

I have put away most of my NPC's (ie...Zombies don't walk in the Winter. I do keep SLH, Snowball II and Stampy out as they are Family).

I do have a bunch of decorations in storage. I buy things as I'm decorating, and sometimes I don't like the outcome, so I just store the stuff for use later.

I'm no where near a design genius like barryriddl474! Have you seen this man's town? Every time you visit it seems like there's something new!

I know, I'm rambling. I blame it on the continued egg nog drinking. The egg nog carton is just that, having been emptied days ago and now is just a foil for Bacardi Rum! (Shhhh! :lol: )
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • barryriddl474
    4821 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I only store things I don't know what to do with yet. I'm still designing and don't have all of the land yet. The bottom of my SF looks like a disaster area (I'm sure my in-game forum friends can attest to that).

I have put away most of my NPC's (ie...Zombies don't walk in the Winter. I do keep SLH, Snowball II and Stampy out as they are Family).

I do have a bunch of decorations in storage. I buy things as I'm decorating, and sometimes I don't like the outcome, so I just store the stuff for use later.

I'm no where near a design genius like barryriddl474! Have you seen this man's town? Every time you visit it seems like there's something new!

I know, I'm rambling. I blame it on the continued egg nog drinking. The egg nog carton is just that, having been emptied days ago and now is just a foil for Bacardi Rum! (Shhhh! :lol: )

tumblr_m5b5rjZqnP1qimsct.gif

Your town rocks, Mike! :thumbup:
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I mostly store decorative items that I had to move to make room for new things. Or if I bought it to see how it looked then didn't like it, I'll store it away in case I want to use it later. I have a lot of nature items in my inventory, and some benches and fences, parking lots, of course some extra **** stuff I couldn't find room for, 57 Jack-o-Lanterns, some Fleet-a-Pita vans, a Bloodmobile, and some other random decorative items. I don't keep anything in there that could earn me money, and I like to have all my NPCs out too.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Increasingly, I've been following Barry's lead in putting things in storage. I keep out the multipliers (usually hidden), but I have no problem storing buildings. For instance, KBBL went into permanent storage a few weeks ago when I saw what a neighbor did with it: I see no reason to keep an inferior design in my town when I can always visit a neighbor who has done it right. I'd be happy storing other buildings--I like the funny takes neighbors have on the Wiggum house and the Cracker Factory, for instance--but I wouldn't want to lose the characters.

Then, there's the bottom right of my town. That's where I fool around with different ideas. Seldom does anything last more than a few days there.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    ...KBBL went into permanent storage a few weeks ago when I saw what a neighbor did with it: I see no reason to keep an inferior design in my town when I can always visit a neighbor who has done it right.
    Oh dear, if I stored everything that Sandwedgeking had a superior design for, half my town would go missing :lol:
    (...I presume you're talking about his radio tower)
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    ...KBBL went into permanent storage a few weeks ago when I saw what a neighbor did with it: I see no reason to keep an inferior design in my town when I can always visit a neighbor who has done it right.
    Oh dear, if I stored everything that Sandwedgeking had a superior design for, half my town would go missing :lol:

Absolutely, and your Cracker factory.

Edit: Lest I come across as a little extreme, let me add that, of course, neighbors will always have better ideas than I do: I wouldn't keep them as neighbors if I didn't enjoy visiting their towns. However, sometimes an idea sticks in your mind and you can't imagine doing it differently. When that happens, the building goes into storage. I figure I'm not always going to have good ideas, but I can at least keep the bad ideas to a minimum.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Hendri1992
    285 posts
    edited December 2014
    Now I am a bit curious about the looks of that radio station...

I stored all NPC who don't fit in the season, or whom I don't like.
    Like now Candy Kevin (right?), Snowman, freezy ect are out, but wil go back I in when its spring.
    Got a lot of brown and blue houses in storage too.
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited December 2014
    I keep all the buildings because I never redesign.
    I keep all the tasked characters (including stampy and mr teeny)
    I only keep seasonal NPCs (zombies at halloween, bunnies at easter, santas at xmas) and snowball/santa's helper because family. Stewart duck and yellow mascot are in storage.
    I also have to keep some seasonal NPCs (leprechauns) because they are linked to buildings
    I keep at least one of each decoration, plus any other I need to make decent designs. in storage I only keep limited time decos when I hoard them during events just in case. I never keep extra regular shrubs/flowers/trees/fences etc in storage, I only buy the minimum needed for my designs.
  • glemley74
    31 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for all the info! I'd love to see some of these towns :D
  • barryriddl474
    4821 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Hendri1992 wrote:

Make sure you are sitting down first... It's beyond awesome!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Pinpal00 wrote:

Absolutely, and your Cracker factory.
    I was quite proud of that one when it was done. :D (Felt like it was getting a little out of hand, but then I loved it.)
    Speaking of great designs, though, congrats on the festive area win!

Hendri1992 wrote:

Make sure you are sitting down first... It's beyond awesome!

Dug up this image from a contest thread; prepare thyself!

srsKPaJ.jpg
  • LPNintendoITA
    11548 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    holy... wow that... WOW
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    The KBBL design is awesome. It took me longer than it should to even find it. I amazed by others creativity.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!