EA Forums - Banner

New device, more problems

It could just be a coincidence about the Bart screen because mine have also become way more frequent over the past 4/5 days as well.

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    aidx1054 wrote:
    It could just be a coincidence about the Bart screen because mine have also become way more frequent over the past 4/5 days as well.
    Ugh, mine too. It's particularly problematic on my tablet that uses WiFi; my phone has been slightly more stable.
  • Mirality
    251 posts
    edited December 2014
    Tablets tend to leave the game running a lot longer in the background, which can often confuse it. When you've exited the game, be sure to go into your app switcher and swipe the game away.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Ugh, mine too. It's particularly problematic on my tablet that uses WiFi; my phone has been slightly more stable.

Same thing with me.
  • suemoorhead
    117 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Got my I pad Air last Xmas and I have to say over the last few weeks it's been very problematic!!! Just done another App reinstall and it's made no difference to my game! Currently got issues with visiting my neighbours, it just boots me off all the time! My phone is more stable but very jerky! Hoping things will improve in the new year!! Graphics are fantastic on the plus side!!
  • furrykiltman
    660 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    When I have had issues, it hasn't been for long. Also, the Flintstones' game will never sign on when I am on Wifi at home. So when I get the retry screen now I switch to data, most of the time I get on & then turn on the Wifi once on.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I could see how upgrading a device only to downgrade game experience would be extremely frustrating. When I upgraded form a iPhone 4 to an iPhone 6 it was night and day. I would have been extremely upset if my new phone didn't work better. Maybe TSTO just hasn't made the proper adjustments needed for the new Air.
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited December 2014
    If it helps, my iPad2 has been buggy the last 4 to 5 days too. I have been finding that when my Apple devices are not connecting, I can connect with my Android device and vice versa.

Congrats on the iPad Air!
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    It's a server issue, changing the device won't stop it from happening. The only real solution is undoing the damage to the security system on the servers...that could take a while.

But I have the luxury of having been spared the brunt of the problems- it only affects one device at a time for me, iPod works when Android phone won't and vice versa....
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    There's been a lot of problems with the game over the past week, so it might not be entirely the device's fault. I kept getting the Retry screen last night too.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    There's been a lot of problems with the game over the past week, so it might not be entirely the device's fault. I kept getting the Retry screen last night too.

...EA was hacked alongside Microsoft and Sony. They are still playing catch-up to fix the problems but it's not an easy fix from what I gather. It's a pain in the neck but this time it's not their fault!
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I knew that ea was hacked, I didn't know how bad it was. Gameplay is still spotty. I'm trying using my phone hot spot. If it weren't for the event I wouldn't mind so much. Not to mention having to catch up because I spent time with the family...you know, instead of the game! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!