EA Forums - Banner

25% extra donuts

Replies

  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Finally decided what I want....lol.

    I'm getting Frink's Lab and Krustylu Studios. Was considering Duff Brewery but it really doesn't fit into my vision for my town. Far too industrial. Then I was going to get Dr. Nick but I don't need another random character. I would rather have a building that comes with a character.

    That was a hard choice and I'm far too cautious about this game to be willing to pony up more than $20.

    Yep I just got Frinks Lab, looks good so far and heard its one of the best premium items, so I'm happy with EA, for now...
    And Gil has redeemed himself, I was going to drown him in my river.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts
    edited December 2012
    Tempted, tempted. I have to think about this one.
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited December 2012
    So when you say he redeemed himself, is e gone after you boight donuts?!?! :?
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited December 2012
    I might actually buy some donuts because of this offer. It is pretty tempting. Especially since I have some donuts saved up from the start of the game.
  • wastecoatMay
    64 posts
    edited December 2012
    As someone already pointed out if you go to Walmart.com and purchase a $50 iTunes gift card for $40 (emailed to you within an hour or so) then essentially you are getting 25% more donuts at a (approximately) 20% discount!

    That means for $40 you get a glorious store of 1125 donuts, which is about three and a half cents a donut (0.035).
    The boatload is even cheaper at about 0.026 a donut.

    I got a store full just so when the other deals and new premium characters start rolling out that should keep me happy for quite awhile. I mean who knows if Ralph Wiggum or Lunch Lady Doris or Lenny and Carl will be premiums but I'm certain a few will be, and now I have the "dough" to add them to my town. :)

    Thank you EA and Walmart. Lol.
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited December 2012
    meh...I wouldve taken a 25% discount in RL money over 25% extra digital donuts. God damn EA so greedy.
  • RJK62284
    59 posts
    edited December 2012
    Got Otto because of the discount! Now I have enough for Kearney, Bumblebee Man or the tire fire but which to get.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts
    edited December 2012
    RJK62284 wrote:
    Got Otto because of the discount! Now I have enough for Kearney, Bumblebee Man or the tire fire but which to get.

    BumbleBee Man for sure.
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited December 2012
    Gil got me, I now have a cannon, blue Funzo and the Volcano Lair. Merry Christmas!!! :D
  • metsfan2002
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    RJK62284 wrote:
    Got Otto because of the discount! Now I have enough for Kearney, Bumblebee Man or the tire fire but which to get.

    BumbleBee Man for sure.
    BumbleBee Man is useful for earning extra money, unlocking the 24 hour option at channel 6.

    I might get 300 donuts to get 75 extra free. I am not sure what you would do with 3,000 for £69.99.
  • JessicaSayce
    136 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    How many donuts is the cannon once you've got Krustylu Studios? I need to think about what to do.... Hmm...
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm weak....oh so weak.

    I did the Walmart $50 card for $40. Going to buy the storeload because I know damn well that I will keep throwing $20 here and there at this game so may as well do it all at once.

    Talked myself into it because if I was going to spend the $20 may as well go ahead and spend another $20 and have tons of extra donuts. Will have about 600 extra once I'm done. I only wanted Krustylu Studios and Dr. Nick but now I'm throwing in Frink's Lab, Duff Brewery and the cannon. I had some donuts that I'd been saving already so add it all together and I'm sitting on a surplus of over 600 donuts.

    Now....where the heck am I going to put these things? Sheesh.
  • nsusaint
    91 posts
    edited December 2012
    I am grateful that they are offering donut specials, but I wish they would give presents to those that already bought donuts. I've purchased 2 boatloads of donuts so far and still have 1500 left over from the second one.
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited December 2012
    How many donuts is the cannon once you've got Krustylu Studios? I need to think about what to do.... Hmm...

    Cannon is 20 donuts, I have been putting off getting it, glad I have it now.
  • JessicaSayce
    136 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    tlindfors wrote:
    How many donuts is the cannon once you've got Krustylu Studios? I need to think about what to do.... Hmm...

    Cannon is 20 donuts, I have been putting off getting it, glad I have it now.

    Thanks. I might just be tempted. Merry Christmas to me from me. Haha.

    Merry Christmas all :)
  • Wait4lt
    196 posts
    edited December 2012
    Dammit! I knew I should of waited! I just bought the boatload last week. :x
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Now should I buy some doughnuts or not? Hmmm. Tough call. On one hand I will have nicer Springfield, but on the other hand do I still have major issue with accessing my town. Bah, I don't know.
    Go for it! You will then be able to tell your great-grandchildren that you participated in the only EA offer of discounted donuts in the history of TS:TO! :lol:
    ____________________________________________________

    lissarv68 wrote:
    You beat me to it!

    Here is the image to prove it (always have to prove it).

    YES !

    rnKJnl.jpg
  • sk3ly
    61 posts
    edited December 2012
    awesome, christmas present to self - one boatload with 600 free donuts!!!! get in!
  • dclaypool
    22 posts
    edited December 2012
    I went for it. Got 2 $50 card for $80 though Wal-Mart, and purchased the Boatload. 3000 Doughnuts for $80 is good by me! I now have all the premium items, except for the Halloween additions. Still have 974 Doughnuts left, so I'm ready for the next update!

    All my friend slots are full, so please, no requests.
  • Zombies8MyDingo
    209 posts
    edited December 2012
    Aww.. I thought Gil would stay put, so I moved a few things and made an empty car lot next to him with a piece of crap car on it. Then he wandered off..
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!