EA Forums - Banner

25% extra donuts

Replies

• dcline414
    863 posts
    edited December 2012
    dclaypool wrote:
    I went for it. Got 2 $50 card for $80 though Wal-Mart, and purchased the Boatload. 3000 Doughnuts for $80 is good by me! I now have all the premium items, except for the Halloween additions. Still have 974 Doughnuts left, so I'm ready for the next update!
    I bit too, but only for a store full... If I had any left over then I would find a way to spend them.

Plus it's hard to swallow spending $80 at once on a game. Most of my favorite games (console, standalone) cost under $60 and some of them have provided hundreds of hours of entertainment. I'm up to $90 total invested in TSTO and just can't justify it being worth much more than that.
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Woohoo! I'm so grateful for this forum. Without it, I would have blown $20 in iTunes credit a couple days ago, and would *not* be a happy camper today. Now, to figure out how best to spend the 375 donuts...
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I had planned to get a truckload for a while now and knew exactly how I wanted to spend every last donut, so it's nice to have some left over for whatever comes next. I pretty much have everything I want now aside from the Lair and the Sign and I don't mind holding off of those until some future date.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6154 posts Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Woohoo I got Gil in my town!

His speech bubbles are great. I really hope after all this he becomes a permanent character in our town

Does he leave as soon as you take the offer?
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited December 2012
    Woohoo I got Gil in my town!

His speech bubbles are great. I really hope after all this he becomes a permanent character in our town

Does he leave as soon as you take the offer?

I'm wondering this as well for a different reason. Are we able to avail of this as much as we want over the next 4 days or can we only make 1 purchase and then he disappears? So if I buy some now, and then get iTunes vouchers on Christmas Day, will I still be able to get some extra free pastries?
  • JonAMoore
    34 posts
    edited December 2012
    Gil stays! I bought a store load and he's still there, trying to sell me more donuts. I really hope he becomes permanent. He'll probably leave when the promotion ends, and come back next time they have one.

Sigh. I want old Gil.
  • buttermilk615
    18 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm glad Gil was able to make me a better offer today. I too hope that he sticks around my Springfield... I've talked with him a bit and he seems to have a lot of problems at home. Maybe they'll be an RV for him to live in someday.

I've been waiting for a $$ off sale, but am OK with a donut bump. I probably would have spent more if it was $$, perhaps it's for the best.

I've quite a few buildings and characters to get. I'm saving a few of those purchases in case the premium item sale starts (Lair & Sign in January) or other Premium in Feb.

Thanks for the good suggestions on this thread... Great to know that Frink's and Bumblebee man are highly recommended.
  • jferentz
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Clicked gils offer......bought donuts....now game wont launch. Now what?
    Buyer beware of the donut glitch.
    Anyone else having this issue?
  • Vegard38
    12 posts
    edited December 2012
    Finally!!

Went for a truck load

Got my self a volcano lair, Otto and kearney.

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I bought donuts on my throw-away account. The cheap 1.99 lot and didn't have any issues. Gil didn't leave either. I didn't click on him though, I bought it through the menu. Maybe that's the way it should be done?

Those who have had problems, how did you purchase the donuts?

I've been holding off on buying my $50 worth because I'm waiting to hear more reports if there are problems or not.
  • JonAMoore
    34 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I bought donuts on my throw-away account. The cheap 1.99 lot and didn't have any issues. Gil didn't leave either. I didn't click on him though, I bought it through the menu. Maybe that's the way it should be done?

I've been holding off on buying my $50 worth because I'm waiting to hear more reports if there are problems or not.

I did the $50 worth and everything is fine in my town (well, I'm now cramped for room and I can't decide where to put the pink house and fink's lab)...but everything else is fine!
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Just got Frinks Lab and happy then I went to purchase more doughnuts, £2.89 -.- and I only need a £2.99 pack :(
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:

I bought donuts by tapping on Gil for my primary and secondary accounts. No problems for either, and Gil remains. We may have him for the full 4 days of the offer.
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    nsusaint wrote:
    I am grateful that they are offering donut specials, but I wish they would give presents to those that already bought donuts. I've purchased 2 boatloads of donuts so far and still have 1500 left over from the second one.
    Well, to my knowledge, they don't get stale and expire, so . . . I also profitted from the Walmart sale on iTunes cards.
  • outerdragon
    36 posts
    edited December 2012
    just treated my self to this offer :) only problem now is what to buy lol
  • N0 FLaKeS 22
    5 posts
    edited December 2012
    I bought doughnuts yesterday!! Now there doing this deal!! How do I get redemption!!
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited December 2012
    just treated my self to this offer :) only problem now is what to buy lol
    I know what I bought... It's so beautiful!
    image.jpg
  • butterfly660
    229 posts
    edited December 2012
    Meh... they wait until you've spent all your money on the content they released weeks ago, THEN they give you a deal on donuts. Not much of a deal anyways. If people couldnt afford donuts before, they still can't, no price change. They just go on their EA computer and change the number 2400 to 3000 and that's supposed to help people lol woohoo.

So greedy, tsk tsk

I hope we can keep Gil atleast hes awesome.
  • SoapSuds70
    25 posts
    edited December 2012
    ASDA Direct in the UK has a promo on iTunes cards also. Get £25 worth for only £20. Makes the donut sale even better :)
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Well aren't there a ton of bitter apples around here? You guys can always either not buy anything or stop playing?

Anyways.

I'm happy. I got nearly 1200 donuts for $40. I spend that much on each of the Nintendo game my son plays....so what's the difference, exactly? Wii games are even more expensive. I spend hours a week on this game, it relaxes me and I enjoy watching my town grow as well as interacting with people here. For me? It's worth it.

I'm sure there will be problems in the future. I have no doubt that their will be server issues again. However, once I realized that I have spent way more on my sons' games for his Nintendo....it put it all into perspective for me.

I wish his Nintendo games were this cheap! LOL
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!