EA Forums - Banner

25% extra donuts

Replies

• JonAMoore
    34 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Well aren't there a ton of bitter apples around here? You guys can always either not buy anything or stop playing?

Anyways.

I'm happy. I got nearly 1200 donuts for $40. I spend that much on each of the Nintendo game my son plays....so what's the difference, exactly? Wii games are even more expensive. I spend hours a week on this game, it relaxes me and I enjoy watching my town grow as well as interacting with people here. For me? It's worth it.

I'm sure there will be problems in the future. I have no doubt that their will be server issues again. However, once I realized that I have spent way more on my sons' games for his Nintendo....it put it all into perspective for me.

I wish his Nintendo games were this cheap! LOL

This is 100% how I feel. I spend $60 on PS3 games I don't play as much as I play TSTO.
  • Ramenbot
    66 posts
    edited December 2012
    At least there's an end to a Nintendo game. You buy it once. Tapped Out will keep having updates, and it ends up costing $100+ to get everything. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to earn doughnuts besides the rare level-up.
  • albert2k
    271 posts
    edited December 2012
    I take the deal and purchase the frinks labs, the cannon, the channel 6 antena and the new doctor, I also have a 102 donuts that I will save for a future purchase.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Ramenbot wrote:
    At least there's an end to a Nintendo game. You buy it once. Tapped Out will keep having updates, and it ends up costing $100+ to get everything. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to earn doughnuts besides the rare level-up.

True. But Nintendo games are static, TSTO is fluid because of constant content updates and the ability to completely level your town and do a total redesign. Also unlike the Nintendo games, you do not need to spend a single penny to play this game. Finally Nintendo games end. Eventually you complete all levels and are done.

I've definitely gotten more than $40 worth of enjoyment out of this game.

It comes down to individual tastes and preferences. I was determined not to spend another dime on this game till I looked under the tree and saw the wrapped packages. A new Nintendo 3Ds and about 6 games to go with it. That is far more than what I've spent on TSTO and I can almost bet that I've played this game for more hours than he will spend playing those games under the tree.
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Ramenbot wrote:

True. But Nintendo games are static, TSTO is fluid because of constant content updates and the ability to completely level your town and do a total redesign. Also unlike the Nintendo games, you do not need to spend a single penny to play this game. Finally Nintendo games end. Eventually you complete all levels and are done.

I've definitely gotten more than $40 worth of enjoyment out of this game.

It comes down to individual tastes and preferences. I was determined not to spend another dime on this game till I looked under the tree and saw the wrapped packages. A new Nintendo 3Ds and about 6 games to go with it. That is far more than what I've spent on TSTO and I can almost bet that I've played this game for more hours than he will spend playing those games under the tree.

Same way I feel. I don't spend wrecklessly. I save and budget, wait for deals (been some good ones for itune cards). Add in another deal (25% more) and strike while the iron is hot. There will always be people that won't be satisfied. If they had given 25% off, still would have been posts saying it is not enough.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited December 2012
    Did we get free donuts or something? I had a bunch more today than I had yesterday and I didn't buy any?
  • Ramenbot
    66 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Ramenbot wrote:

Wiping out your town and redesigning is the equivalent of starting over...something you can do in any video game.

And if you're playing a game with online capabilites, like Mario Kart Wii, then that won't end, either. You can always race with other people online. There are also RPGs with random dungeons, so there's always a new challenge. And you only had to pay once.

• pompommini
    77 posts
    edited December 2012
    I brought 165 donuts for £7 ?
    I got the Krustylu studios and the cannon. I love Sideshow Mel's cannon task! ? I am making a prop department after I saw the idea in a thread. It looks great next to Channel 6!
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    pompommini wrote:
    I brought 165 donuts for £7 ?
    I got the Krustylu studios and the cannon. I love Sideshow Mel's cannon task! ? I am making a prop department after I saw the idea in a thread. It looks great next to Channel 6!

Oh! Be sure to post a screenshot. I just stuck the studio in a corner because I didn't know what to do with it yet. Would love to see some ideas.
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited December 2012
    Ramenbot wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Ramenbot wrote:

Wiping out your town and redesigning is the equivalent of starting over...something you can do in any video game.

And if you're playing a game with online capabilites, like Mario Kart Wii, then that won't end, either. You can always race with other people online. There are also RPGs with random dungeons, so there's always a new challenge. And you only had to pay once.

True, but xbox, ps3, etc. also offer DLC for games. And just like this game, you can CHOOSE to buy it or skip it. But they do charge for something you did not originally buy from the store.
  • user47280
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    As someone who bought the boat load of donuts when the christmas update came out, I gotta say this kind of **** me off and makes me realize how much money I've wasted on this game. I'm done for the most part after this. I might check in and spend the rest of the donuts I have every now and then, but like hell I will be spending anymore. Thanks EA.
  • honest_abraham
    76 posts
    edited December 2012
    user47280 wrote:
    As someone who bought the boat load of donuts when the christmas update came out, I gotta say this kind of **** me off and makes me realize how much money I've wasted on this game. I'm done for the most part after this. I might check in and spend the rest of the donuts I have every now and then, but like hell I will be spending anymore. Thanks EA.

EA was very stupid for not having this promotion the entire month. And it was, in a sense, a middle finger to have Gil offer us a promotion that required spending donuts before this discount donut promotion
  • skylight16
    166 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The offer was too good to pass up. Just bought the 375 donuts deal.
  • TheUman_85
    62 posts
    edited December 2012
    Damn good deal. 375 donuts for the price of 300. Had to take him up on that offer.
  • vvinzent
    173 posts
    edited December 2012
    and yet i still got fcked by gil, the day before the offer i already bought 300 donuts, then tomorrow come they have offer !, and then cause i don't want to feel oh damn not getting bonus, bought another 300+75, and now i feel "* if i just wait for 1 more day i will got another extra 75 donuts ! * u gil !
  • OrganikKOTD
    63 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    hmmm... i have $36 on my itunes credit... what to do with it... this seems to be my only option for more buildings
  • woodysimpson
    56 posts
    edited December 2012
    D'oh! I just bought donuts at the start of Christmas theme!
  • lariatg
    94 posts
    edited December 2012
    I believe I'm going to take advantage of this as well, and get 375 & 75 donuts, to get the Volcano Lair, Frink's Lab and the Aztec Theater. I was hoping to have gotten an iTunes giftcard so I could shamelessly get donuts, but what are ya gonna do...
  • jshandro
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    I tried to take advantage of this but now I can't get past the Gracie films screen and it randomly asks for apple password. I have deleted and installed and I am now scared that every time I enter my password I buy another set of doughnuts. Anyone know what I can do? I will soo not be making this mistake again.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts
    edited December 2012
    jshandro wrote:
    I tried to take advantage of this but now I can't get past the Gracie films screen and it randomly asks for apple password. I have deleted and installed and I am now scared that every time I enter my password I buy another set of doughnuts. Anyone know what I can do? I will soo not be making this mistake again.

I keep wanting to buy, but issues like yours are keeping me from doing so.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!