EA Forums - Banner

Designing your town and OCD!

Prev1
I must build fence all around the building even though I can't see it because I know it's complete. It's pretty OCD but I just have to.

The fact that the fence for my prison doesn't line up on both sides of the entrance is bothering me. But, I'm waiting till spring first before I do anything to it. For now, I try not to look at it unless I have to collect the payout from the prison.

Replies

• H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Yeah that bothers me too! Actually there are a lot of what some would see as small things really bother me. Damn OCD!
  • talk375
    124 posts
    edited December 2012
    Yes! Yes fences, bushes etc.. must go around the entire perimeter, yes the fences must be even from one side to the next. I used to hide flaws behind building but even when couldn't see them they irked me
  • shockman85
    265 posts
    edited December 2012
    All the way around. It's a waste of money, I know, but it would drive me too nuts!
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I do my best to make things fit with what they give me and build around.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited December 2012
    I don't go all the way round the buildings if you can't see them save money plus game crashes with too much going on, but It always bugs with when I see the building knowing I haven't gone all way round :( when I move a building and see the missing pieces arrrgghh lol
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    The whole point of buying and placing items is to make your town look good.

That's look good.

If you can't see it, you're just scratching an entirely redundant mental itch. Call it OCD if you like, I call it bonkers. :P
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    The whole point of buying and placing items is to make your town look good.

That's look good.

If you can't see it, you're just scratching an entirely redundant mental itch. Call it OCD if you like, I call it bonkers. :P

Any one else itchy? Lol :mrgreen: :)
  • Zombies8MyDingo
    209 posts
    edited December 2012
    I stop just behind a building and if i can hide a gap well with a tree then I'll do it. That said, I have a fenced off cluster of brown houses with the UFO crashed into them and a load of debris that I try and keep Lisa from cleaning up. The barbed wire fencing has a tiny gap that I notice every time and it's starting to bug me...
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited December 2012
    I stop just behind a building and if i can hide a gap well with a tree then I'll do it. That said, I have a fenced off cluster of brown houses with the UFO crashed into them and a load of debris that I try and keep Lisa from cleaning up. The barbed wire fencing has a tiny gap that I notice every time and it's starting to bug me...

I have to have all the rubbish cleared up....well I got one piece by my prison, a broken window thought that looks like there had been an riot lol
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited December 2012
    No point, so I don't bother. Things like the Duff Race car I have no place to put it ... so I hid it behind Moe's I think just for that extra .5% bonus.
  • Thecure668
    252 posts
    edited December 2012
    I don't really do that, except for fences. I don't mind if placing something somewhere, if I can see part of it. Even a small part. I have a lamp post behind a forest and you can only see the tip.
  • kbabble
    61 posts
    edited January 2013
    I don't place any design elements where they would be completely hidden.
    However, I do hide some things behind buildings, like 50 stop signs. :P
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    Nope!
    I don´t feel any need to place hedges or fences all around a building. I place everything you can see correctly.
    Even if it means to only save one hedge after all. As has already been said before, it has to look good.
    If you could see a flaw, it would bother me, too.
    But I on´tdecorate just for the sake of it :wink:.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    My OCD got to me. I fixed my uneven fence around the prison.

Now I can't go pass the new duff brewery I bought. It's just sitting on an empty plot of land. (I swear you gave me the 'inspiration' H1!)
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I definitely place fences in the "hidden part" behind a building if it's part of a larger fence structure. My compulsion comes out when placing buildings: I don't like the buildings to cover up characters walking on the street.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I place fences or hedges if I can see them (even a tiny bit) but not when completely hidden. I'd rather not tempt the Crash Gods with extra bits of useless decoration.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    If you can't see leave it be, reason large complex towns die!

True story
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013

True story

No truer word has been spoken lol
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

True story

No truer word has been spoken lol

:wink:
  • gloryhorn87
    154 posts
    edited January 2013
    No I don't do this. But I do hide items I don't like behind buildings I.e the black hole
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!