EA Forums - Banner

Are/ were you a part of any other online/ social gaming communities?

I was, and was a Super Mod there (Boss over other mods) Seems like another lifetime.

Replies

• mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:
    I was, and was a Super Mod there (Boss over other mods) Seems like another lifetime.

Most definitely. I spent so much time with friends on the forum, I almost forgot about the game. It was sad when they changed the game and deleted the forum, but just shows nothing lasts forever.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited January 2015
    I'm on telltales ,bethesda,minecraft(terrable),blizzard and playstation forum...and the rest iv not been in over a few months :lol:
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    With any game I get in to, I'll check out the associated forums, it's where I learn about best practices and tips, and I enjoy chatting about my current obsession.

My fave games are RPGs and have particularly fond memories of the Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age communities. With todays TSTO outage I've had time to add an avatar here. It was between Archer Lisa or Mage Marge, these are my favourite RPG classes :mrgreen:
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    This is the first one for me! And don't worry if it ever gets deleted, we have another on stand by :lol:
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    This was my first, but I'm also on one for the family guy game.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Not as active as on this one. A single post here and there but nothing serious. This forum is the best! :thumbup:
  • soullessmama
    238 posts
    edited January 2015
    I've always been a lurker. This is the most I've ever posted, I don't even post this much on Facebook. But I'm not much of a people person. (Internet or not)
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    When I was a teenager, I was involved highly in 3 message boards. It has been about 13 years since I stopped posting on those. I am actually too shy to get involved in most online communities.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    When I was a teenager, I was involved highly in 3 message boards. It has been about 13 years since I stopped posting on those. I am actually too shy to get involved in most online communities.

For me, it depends on atmosphere. Many forums I've tried have either been too boring or hostile to new members.
  • CdnKawieGyrl
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    The Simpsons and Family Guy.
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:

For me, it depends on atmosphere. Many forums I've tried have either been too boring or hostile to new members.

:lol: the hostility I have seen too much of, which I why I think I recoil.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:

We were all new players/ members/ posters at one time.
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I've been a heavy contributor to a handful of sports-related forums and Arcane Legends.
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    mattruns84 wrote:

Exactly. Makes me understand hostility less.
    If forums didn't get new members and games new players, they would die off pretty fast.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    mattruns84 wrote:

If forums didn't get new members and games new players, they would die off pretty fast.
    i remember I was on a forum and I asked question basic question and I just got bombarded with the answer but they all finished with.....ha NOOB! I was like "yes I'm new...help me out " :roll:

I don't do social media so I won't be on facebook, Twitter or any off the other one. as a kid I was on faceparty (long before facebook :lol: ). but only there for half a year.

the way I see it is iv got eveyones contacts that I want to talk too, if iv lost contact then they didn't mean much to me.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I am an occasional contributor to The Pinball Arcade forum, which mainly covers TPA, but also Zen pinball, Zaccaria pinball, and just about every digital pinball app under the sun. It's fan run, but the developers do an incredible job of interacting with regulars. There is a wealth of knowledge regarding pinball, in terms of history, skill, mechanics, and philosophy. There is even a monthly podcast with some of the most notable contributors, and they do developer interviews. I am learning so much about pinball every time I visit that forum.

I'm also not the only one from this forum who goes there. EldarofSuburbia whom some of you might know is also a pinball wiz. He is much more of a regular there, than here. (droppin your name, Eldar :P )
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Bravewall wrote:
    I am an occasional contributor to The Pinball Arcade forum, which mainly covers TPA, but also Zen pinball, Zaccaria pinball, and just about every digital pinball app under the sun. It's fan run, but the developers do an incredible job of interacting with regulars. There is a wealth of knowledge regarding pinball, in terms of history, skill, mechanics, and philosophy. There is even a monthly podcast with some of the most notable contributors, and they do developer interviews. I am learning so much about pinball every time I visit that forum.

I'm also not the only one from this forum who goes there. EldarofSuburbia whom some of you might know is also a pinball wiz. He is much more of a regular there, than here. (droppin your name, Eldar :P )
    I'm sure you have already played the south park pinball game, someone just showed it to me last week, it's pretty cool
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:

I'm sure you have already played the south park pinball game, someone just showed it to me last week, it's pretty cool
    Oh ya! In fact, I broke the news here.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10201725.page
    Nobody really seemed to notice. :oops:

They are fun tables. Considering its a G-rated game, they were surprisingly true to the show.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    mattruns84 wrote:
    mattruns84 wrote:

i remember I was on a forum and I asked question basic question and I just got bombarded with the answer but they all finished with.....ha NOOB! I was like "yes I'm new...help me out " :roll:

I don't do social media so I won't be on facebook, Twitter or any off the other one. as a kid I was on faceparty (long before facebook :lol: ). but only there for half a year.

the way I see it is iv got eveyones contacts that I want to talk too, if iv lost contact then they didn't mean much to me.

I was a member of Bolt... now that was the original teen hangout website. Even made member of the day lol. Was sad to see it go.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!