EA Forums - Banner

January 2015: TSTO reaches all-time low on iOS Top-Grossing charts

Prev1
Wow I didn't think it got this bad, but I seriously hope this changes and the developers get their game together. This year has been pretty bad as far as content, especially events go. The bugs only made things worse, and empty promises were disappointing as well. There are a lot of things EA can do to turn this game into a hit again, but they're gonna have to listen to their costumers a little more.

It's kinda sad and I hate to say "I told you so" but I said this would happen last year, and a had quite a few people burn me a new one. I guess in the end logic overcame emotional attachment to this game.

All I know is they're going to have to do something drastic to make people fall back in love with this game, especially since there's so much compitition out there.

Replies

• 4junk3000
    6078 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I have ZERO expectation of service improvements from EA.

Its just not what they do.

I'm very glad there's evidence that consumers are expressing their dissatisfaction, with their wallets, just as I am.

Thanks for posting this info. I feel somewhat vindicated.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    I have ZERO expectation of service improvements from EA.

Its just not what they do.

Not true. You must have missed the thread or my comments about the NEW support center in Austin, TX staffed with players of TSTO which makes phone calls better then live chat.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    This was very much worth the read Mo. Thankyou.
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    the only problem I can see here is that if the game goes to far down the popularity board they might just close it down!
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited January 2015
    cjryder625 wrote:
    the only problem I can see here is that if the game goes to far down the popularity board they might just close it down!
    Yeah, I can definitely see the end coming. 3 years is a good run for a mobile game. *shrug*

FGQFS definitely has lots more capital and puts more effort into the mobile game,
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    The game has always had it's bugs, server issues, gltches from day one, and they certainly no better today than it was back then. The decline in popularity in the fact that it's going down in the charts is probably more due to the games 'shelf life' and nearly three years is good going for any game. I can't believe that I have been playing this game for two and half years, a game only usually lasts for about a month for me.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    yeah me too. This is the only game I have that I won't let my grandsons touch!! The entitleists will spoil it for everyone.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    cjryder625 wrote:
    Yeah, I can definitely see the end coming. 3 years is a good run for a mobile game. *shrug*

FGQFS definitely has lots more capital and puts more effort into the mobile game,

I don't think it's quite this dire. The nosedive in the top-grossing charts is a reflection on the game's near unplayability over the last few weeks. It's not that people are choosing not pay, it's that they physically haven't been able to.

Did you happen to notice how high it got during the Black Friday sales? It cracked the top 5! That was just one month ago, so I wouldn't start measuring for th coffin just yet.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I am optimistic that we will have years of happy tapping ahead of us.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited January 2015
    Nice post.

Well if they don't turn this around then I suspect the game will not see another Christmas.

That being said I'm now part of the problem as I'm taking the reverse route of Premium to Freemium - I'm no longer prepared to spend any more money for a poorly managed product. I won't be quitting but I'm no longer contributing to the bottom line. Freemium players are people EA hope to turn into paying customers and I suspect many of those will have been put off by recent events.
  • tommy1724
    1969 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I think EA should hire a consultant. And that consultant should be Mopurglar.

I really hope they can get things sorted out - this has been a major source of enjoyment for me for almost 2 1/2 years. I'm sure a big part of the server issue is managing what is a vastly bigger and more complex game than it was at launch, but that doesn't excuse the need for them to sort things out fast.
  • vic147
    624 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Really nice post.

I for one also went from Premium to Freemium, didn't even think about getting donuts from the last Gil sale,
    And as soon as my remaining donuts are gone its bye bye forever to TSTO.
    But I have not loose my faith on The Simpsons, I have completely lost it on EA.
    Over 3 years playing and didn't mind of all the huge problems this game has until now.

Edit: spelling as always.

• Smurfercom
    158 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Hasn't changed since 2012 xmas was unplayable due to servers. Same thing after three years nothing has changed! EA just keeps taking the money and never ever bothered to fix it. This xmas for me will be my last even though I've been keeping up with daily tasks it's just getting to the point where devs are money hungry and game play quality has gone down the toilet.
  • havocmike
    79 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Talk about "your mileage may vary"

I run the game on a Samsung Galaxy S4. Aside from yesterday's server crash, I've had absolutely no issues with connectivity since that little patch of time in early fall. None.

• havocmike
    79 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    I am optimistic that we will have years of happy tapping ahead of us.

Speaking only for myself, I'm motivated by the promise of new content. Seems to me, they ran out of characters a year ago, and have been relying on gimmick events to keep interest (Stonecutters - which I loved.. Barbarians - which was the freaking stupidest thing ever). At the moment, I'm frantically killing elves because I'm determined to have the Spruce Caboose. So, credit where it's due.

If - IF - they can keep those gimmicks fresh and interesting, the game can keep going. If, this spring, I'm being told to tap Easter Bunnies so I can get a Pin Pals jacket skin for Apu or something.. nope.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I agree that the new Austin customer support is a huge improvement, and that most of the reps are really great there. However, what I don't understand is that some seem to have the ability to immediately place a missing item in your inventory, and some have to elevate it to tech support (which can take much longer - altough they have said to me they do strive to have issues like this fixed within 24 hours - a rep from there actually said that to me). If the issue is complicated, then I understand. But if it's a simple, known issue then why can some do it and others can't? I would like to see all of the reps have the ability to do this, as missing items is a big factor for many players.

That being said, the new support centre team is pretty great - a lot of nice people there.
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't think things are that dire, but it's pretty clear that the recent issues would cause a drop in sales. Having a donut sale during a time of server issues that resulted in a significant number of people not getting their goods after spending $100... that's a spanking.

And EA missed a big opportunity to fill up their coffers during this current event by not selling elves or an "elf generator."
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    havocmike wrote:
    If, this spring, I'm being told to tap Easter Bunnies so I can get a Pin Pals jacket skin for Apu or something.. nope.

Hey! I'd love one of those!
    tommy1724 wrote:
    I think EA should hire a consultant. And that consultant should be Mopurglar.

Agreed. Great, thoughtful opening post.
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I've only been playing this game about 8 months (started between Easter and Stonecutter events) so I hope some of you guys are mistaken with your pessimism. I hope this game continues to bring in new players and better quality and service because I have had lots of fun playing and interacting with other players. Yet with Nicholas and Barry both uninstalling and abruptly leaving at the same time, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried.
  • thirdeye69
    268 posts
    edited January 2015
    Wow. When you're earning less than The Sims Freeplay that tells you that you are doing something terribly wrong.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.