EA Forums - Banner

EA need to reimburse players

Replies

  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mmabr69 wrote:
    ...you simple minded people
    That's friendly :|


    I'm going to lock this thread if name-calling continues. Fair warning.
  • ZennGlenn
    1782 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    So a couple weeks ago my car was making funny noises. I took it to the shop and they found the problem and said it was all fixed. I drove away and there was a horrible high squealing noise when I accelerated. So I took it back the next day and complained that something hadn't been fixed properly. Was it "entitled" of me to do so?
    Not at all! If you pay for something, you deserve to get what you paid for. Simple.
    So, the end of the story is that my car was perfectly fine. There was a small amount of fluid on one of the belts, making it squeal, but there was no risk of a malfunction.
    The mechanic told me they had replaced the squeaky belt, free of charge, before I even asked whether the noise might go away on its own. I was thrilled. I don't think that's "entitled," either.

    I'm 'entitled' to enjoy pretty women :P
    (Such as Neuro' s new avatar, which certainly brightens this day of infamy in losing the 'wigged pup')
    ...And yes, maybe good to keep 'Addiction Treatment Centers' in mind as well :roll:
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    So a couple weeks ago my car was making funny noises. I took it to the shop and they found the problem and said it was all fixed. I drove away and there was a horrible high squealing noise when I accelerated. So I took it back the next day and complained that something hadn't been fixed properly. Was it "entitled" of me to do so?
    Not at all! If you pay for something, you deserve to get what you paid for. Simple.
    So, the end of the story is that my car was perfectly fine. There was a small amount of fluid on one of the belts, making it squeal, but there was no risk of a malfunction.
    The mechanic told me they had replaced the squeaky belt, free of charge, before I even asked whether the noise might go away on its own. I was thrilled. I don't think that's "entitled," either.
    People who scream entitled to every little thing just like to feel superior to others. Not a very good trait if you ask me.

    I'm glad your car problems were resolved quickly and that there was nothing seriously wrong the second time around. :-)
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited January 2015
    everycddvd.jpg
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    So a couple weeks ago my car was making funny noises. I took it to the shop and they found the problem and said it was all fixed. I drove away and there was a horrible high squealing noise when I accelerated. So I took it back the next day and complained that something hadn't been fixed properly. Was it "entitled" of me to do so?

    I think the difference here is that in your case, you paid money for a specific service and that service was not performed adequately. Therefore you certainly were entitled to ask the repair shop to fix the problem.

    If EA charged a fee, say $10 a month to access the game, then the customers should be entitled to compensation due to server problems because they wouldn't have received the service they paid for. But what we pay for in this game are donuts to buy items or speed up tasks or events with, and all of our premium stuff is still in our towns just like always even if the servers go out for a few hours.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    teo47 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    So a couple weeks ago my car was making funny noises. I took it to the shop and they found the problem and said it was all fixed. I drove away and there was a horrible high squealing noise when I accelerated. So I took it back the next day and complained that something hadn't been fixed properly. Was it "entitled" of me to do so?

    I think the difference here is that in your case, you paid money for a specific service and that service was not performed adequately.
    Ah, but you missed the second part of the story. My car was fine, so actually the service I paid for was performed adequately. But they fixed the annoyance anyway, because that's how you gain loyal customers.
  • barryriddl474
    4854 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mmabr69 wrote:
    ....keeping your simple minds happy.

    These Simple Minds? Honestly, I'm not even sure they tap :mrgreen:

  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    teo47 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    So a couple weeks ago my car was making funny noises. I took it to the shop and they found the problem and said it was all fixed. I drove away and there was a horrible high squealing noise when I accelerated. So I took it back the next day and complained that something hadn't been fixed properly. Was it "entitled" of me to do so?

    I think the difference here is that in your case, you paid money for a specific service and that service was not performed adequately.
    Ah, but you missed the second part of the story. My car was fine, so actually the service I paid for was performed adequately. But they fixed the annoyance anyway, because that's how you gain loyal customers.

    I would still maintain that there is a difference in that we don't pay to access the game, whereas you did pay to have your car fixed. But I see your point. It would be nice fit EA to hand out a few donuts to say sorry and make us feel better, but no big deal if they don't as far as I'm concerned. The game is still fun even if I have to put down the phone and do something else for a few hours!
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • simbass7
    1928 posts New member
    edited January 2015
    mmabr69 wrote:
    Where to start.............................
    We all need to realize or remember that all great things come to a end at some point, so anyone throwing money wether it's dollars or thousands of dollars, prepare yourself. Here is a suggestion. Go to a strip club and throw down some $. That gut wrenching feeling you get when you leave and realize how much you spent on something you can't touch but only see, well that my friend is the enevidivle feeling you will get one day when TSTO closes it's doors. I have a true testimony to this exact scenario that played out when I first learned about TSO (The Sims Online) I spent a few dollars here and there, played for about 6mo. Made allot of friends and one day I went to login and a message popped up telling me that it was shut down. I can't begin to tell you how furious I was, lost my friends I talked to every day, didn't even get a chance to get numbers for most of them to keep in contact, so keep this in the back of your mind people. Don't take a second for granted. If you have Friends on this game that you don't have contact info on think about getting it and putting it up. Because chances are once they decide to throw the switch for good its lights out. Oh and as for this entitlement to freebies, why don't you try to run something around the clock 24/7 for years and see how often or how many times you have to fix or repair it. Keep in mind that this game and the majority of its content is FREE! If you are that addicted then maybe it's time for you to seek a addiction treatment center just sayin.

    the-funny-memes-shut-up-and-take-my-money-1.jpeg
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mmabr69 wrote:
    ....keeping your simple minds happy.

    These Simple Minds? Honestly, I'm not even sure they tap :mrgreen:


    LOL! This is why we need you here, Barry! :mrgreen:
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    teo47 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    teo47 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    So a couple weeks ago my car was making funny noises. I took it to the shop and they found the problem and said it was all fixed. I drove away and there was a horrible high squealing noise when I accelerated. So I took it back the next day and complained that something hadn't been fixed properly. Was it "entitled" of me to do so?

    I think the difference here is that in your case, you paid money for a specific service and that service was not performed adequately.
    Ah, but you missed the second part of the story. My car was fine, so actually the service I paid for was performed adequately. But they fixed the annoyance anyway, because that's how you gain loyal customers.

    I would still maintain that there is a difference in that we don't pay to access the game, whereas you did pay to have your car fixed. But I see your point. It would be nice fit EA to hand out a few donuts to say sorry and make us feel better, but no big deal if they don't as far as I'm concerned. The game is still fun even if I have to put down the phone and do something else for a few hours!

    From a business perspective, they offer access for free to induce us to pay money for premium whatever. If we can't access it, there's no reason for us to give them money. If we can't access it long enough, people give up. Frustration sets in especially when they offer limited time stuff that people can't get to because they can't log in. If they don't do something to apologize, they lose players who otherwise would have given them money. It's good business to keep the players happy. It's bad business to keep players in the dark while everything goes to hell, and then not offer anything as an apology.

    I don't feel entitled to free donuts or anything, but I do think they should improve communication so we know that they know, and that they're fixing it. If they want to toss some donuts our way, that would be nice, but not required on my part. But then, while I was locked out for a while, I wasn't affected quite as bad as some others.
  • mmabr69
    138 posts
    edited January 2015
    FEtBI7Yl.jpg
  • mmabr69
    138 posts
    edited January 2015
    FEtBI7Yl.jpg
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I've been resisting the urge to post in this thread, but it's probably going to wind up locked anyway, so I'll put in my two cents. Last time I tried to contact EA, the wait time for a live chat was several hours. Between people who are completely unable to access their towns, and people who are missing donuts for which they paid, there are plenty of angry people. While the getting back into town issue seems to be MOSTLY fixed, for me at least, on December 24 I purchased two boatloads of donuts. I was billed for both, yet only received the first. I'm hoping if I can't get EA to give me the 3,120 donuts for which I have already paid, I'll be able to get reimbursed through the play store. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Technically speaking, I believe they have the right to tell me "Missing donuts, huh? Well, sucks to be you", but I sincerely hope that won't happen, as I believe that would be an extremely poor way to treat a loyal customer. I doubt I'm going to get all the prizes from this event, unless of course I spend donuts. :evil: While I do, as a loyal customer, kind of expect them to deliver a product which isn't broken, past frustrations have taught me that this is sadly sometimes not the case. There will be screw-ups sometimes as long as there is a game. TL;DR: I'm missing 3,120 donuts for which I have already paid. Will I receive/be reimbursed for them? I don't know. :cry: *Edited because I was seeing double.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Locked out again...6pm CST

    27zyic1.jpg
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I just want the game to work. That's all, I think that's a reasonable request.

    And as MusicBooks said, getting EA's attention is time consuming. And as the old adage goes, "Time is money." I got an iTunes card for the holidays, tried to spend it but it all went wrong. As many people on this forum has already complained about. It was a small amount, so I didn't bother. Because it would cost me MORE to have it fixed. That's terrible customer service.
  • mattderes
    133 posts
    edited January 2015
    mmabr69 wrote:
    Where to start.............................
    We all need to realize or remember that all great things come to a end at some point, so anyone throwing money wether it's dollars or thousands of dollars, prepare yourself. Here is a suggestion. Go to a strip club and throw down some $. That gut wrenching feeling you get when you leave and realize how much you spent on something you can't touch but only see, well that my friend is the enevidivle feeling... <snip>

    "Inevitable". Just in case you want to use it again somewhere.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I've been resisting the urge to post in this thread, but it's probably going to wind up locked anyway...
    Lets assume for now that most people here understand what lines should not be crossed. :-)

    My game has only been down once in the past week, for a few hours. I played something else.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattderes wrote:
    mmabr69 wrote:
    Where to start.............................
    We all need to realize or remember that all great things come to a end at some point, so anyone throwing money wether it's dollars or thousands of dollars, prepare yourself. Here is a suggestion. Go to a strip club and throw down some $. That gut wrenching feeling you get when you leave and realize how much you spent on something you can't touch but only see, well that my friend is the enevidivle feeling... <snip>

    "Inevitable". Just in case you want to use it again somewhere.

    :thumbup:
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattderes wrote:
    mmabr69 wrote:
    Where to start.............................
    We all need to realize or remember that all great things come to a end at some point, so anyone throwing money wether it's dollars or thousands of dollars, prepare yourself. Here is a suggestion. Go to a strip club and throw down some $. That gut wrenching feeling you get when you leave and realize how much you spent on something you can't touch but only see, well that my friend is the enevidivle feeling... <snip>

    "Inevitable". Just in case you want to use it again somewhere.

    :thumbup:

    What are you two talking about? Enevidivle is a perfectly cromulent word. ;)
    New neighbors always welcome!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.