EA Forums - Banner
CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT: The TSTO forums will be closed on December 13th, 2023. Read more about the future of the forums here.

Not going to make it to the Island :(

Prev1
I'm at about 9k bells now, don't worry you aren't the only one LOL.

Replies

• OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited January 2015
    I'm at a little over 13,000, so ahead of schedule, but no idea how some people have 20k. Honestly don't know how that's possible without using Donuts (or at least having a job)... but I digress,

it could be worse, in my opinion. The best thing of Part 2 is the Sequel Stop, and it's a pretty easy one to get... just disappointing that the animation is one-time only. LAAAAME.

(Not to mention that even if you get the Island, there are 2 other premium pieces to it, so it's kind of like winning 1/3 of a prize.)
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Many haven't been having as many issues logging in. Plus, strictly tapping elf doors (or that new word Annette created) and cannons gives a nice bonus to just firing elves.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm at a little over 13,000, so ahead of schedule, but no idea how some people have 20k. Honestly don't know how that's possible without using Donuts (or at least having a job)... but I digress,

Personally, I have been on vacation for the past two weeks, so I have had lots of time to log in. If I was working, I know I wouldn't be able to get on as often. I have only clicked on neigbors caves and cannons. This usually takes me three times through my list of neighbors to get full points. I was logging in multiple times per hour to clear my cannon and cave. I have fired almost 2000 bells. I only used donuts to speed up the initial part but I haven't used any since.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    Many haven't been having as many issues logging in. Plus, strictly tapping elf doors (or that new word Annette created) and cannons gives a nice bonus to just firing elves.

Cavdoohattun. Because CaveDoorHatchTunnel was upsetting johncolumbo, and I hate to see him upset, even though I still have not forgiven him for changing from his original avatar.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:

Cavdoohattun. Because CaveDoorHatchTunnel was upsetting johncolumbo, and I hate to see him upset, even though I still have not forgiven him for changing from his original avatar.
    But Santa hats are cool!
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited January 2015
    Could someone explain to me what the benefit of only clicking those 2 things are opposed to clicking a 3rd building? Wouldn't you be missing out on bells that way? Does the timer reset even if you have 1 tap left in each neighbors town?
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    mattruns84 wrote:

But Santa hats are cool!

I didn't mean the Santa hat one. I mean the one before the Santa hat was a poor substitute for the one preceding it. 8)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    mattruns84 wrote:

But Santa hats are cool!

I didn't mean the Santa hat one. I mean the one before the Santa hat was a poor substitute for the one preceding it. 8)
    There are probably Doctor Who fans that agree with you :lol:
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Could someone explain to me what the benefit of only clicking those 2 things are opposed to clicking a 3rd building? Wouldn't you be missing out on bells that way? Does the timer reset even if you have 1 tap left in each neighbors town?

You get double bells for the cave and the cannon and your neighbor also gets bells. Since I went through towns multiple times, I could tap the cave or cannon more than once I many towns. The times resets based on the first tap.
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited January 2015
    meinaz wrote:

You get double bells for the cave and the cannon and your neighbor also gets bells. Since I went through towns multiple times, I could tap the cave or cannon more than once I many towns. The times resets based on the first tap.

Thank you! Very helpful. :) Probably still won't make it to the island but hopefully I'll be able to reach more prizes this way.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    57752648.jpg
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    57752648.jpg

:D:D:D
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    My husband, who teaches Art History, read the title of this thread "Not going to make it to the island" and was reminded of this painting ("Raft of the Medusa")
    So, with apologies to Theodore Gericault ...

large.jpg
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:

That's it! I tried to find a "that's it!" GIF from A Charlie Brown Christmas just for you Annette, but couldn't find anything. :lol:
  • johncolombo
    11677 posts Senior Moderator
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:

I noticed Neuro changed hers I'll change mine back. And it was upsetting me as much as I know Annette is a stickler for getting buildings names right and we were all over the place calling it a cave or door or hatch or tunnel.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    mattruns84 wrote:

But Santa hats are cool!

There are probably Doctor Who fans that agree with you :lol:

Capaldi ?
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2015

it could be worse, in my opinion. The best thing of Part 2 is the Sequel Stop, and it's a pretty easy one to get... just disappointing that the animation is one-time only. LAAAAME.

(Not to mention that even if you get the Island, there are 2 other premium pieces to it, so it's kind of like winning 1/3 of a prize.)

it was kinda easy. I got the island today. I only tapped canons and Cavdoohattuns. And cleared my canon and Cavdoohattun as much as I could. I never tapped a regular building with a bell the whole event except by accident once or twice. Only used donuts to speed up day one to get the event rolling.
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2015
    meinaz wrote:

This. I got the Island today.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:

I noticed Neuro changed hers I'll change mine back. And it was upsetting me as much as I know Annette is a stickler for getting buildings names right and we were all over the place calling it a cave or door or hatch or tunnel.

Thank you. :wink:

Also -- and this is not directed at you, but I have no other place to put it so here goes -- could we come to some agreement here in the forum that the word "cannon" is not the same as the word "canon"?

A "Cannon" is a device of war (designed to hurtle elves into the wild blue yonder) whilst a "Canon" is a camera (created to take pictures of said hurtling elves), or a principle of law (such as: " if an elf is injured while hurtling, tough patooties" ) or a collection of sacred books (such as " Book of Elves" )

Thank you.
    :?
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:

Thank you. :wink:

Also -- and this is not directed at you, but I have no other place to put it so here goes -- could we come to some agreement here in the forum that the word "cannon" is not the same as the word "canon"?

A "Cannon" is a device of war (designed to hurtle elves into the wild blue yonder) whilst a "Canon" is a camera (created to take pictures of said hurtling elves), or a principle of law (such as: " if an elf is injured while hurtling, tough patooties" ) or a collection of sacred books (such as " Book of Elves" )

Thank you.
    :?

The English graduate part of me thanks you for mentioning that. :thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.