r7T0Crnl.jpg

Why did you cover you name up on that tweet? :lol:

giphy.gif
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Yeah, it does. :P

We have pancake restaurants here in NL that throw the weirdest things on your pancakes. It almost seems like they just replaced the actual pizza with a pancake. It's really ridiculous. Anything you can think of, they will put on your pancake. And they are very popular...

Pannenkoek%20shoarma_0.JPG:|:|

when i went to *. Petersburg Russia a few years ago my wife took me to a place like that. I was not really a fan.

Yeah, i can imagine. Some of the pancakes might not taste that bad but they look absolutely disgusting.

The latest craze is the Indonesian Pancake:

A pancake with satay, satay sauce, Atjar sour vegetables, fried onions & prawn crackers.... :!: :|
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    But you don't deny it then?
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2015
    henpot7514 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    henpot7514 wrote:
    r7T0Crnl.jpg

Why did you cover you name up on that tweet? :lol:

giphy.gif

5w2RbeJ.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    All this talk about pancakes and no one mentioned the great combination of this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSx3p0NTvE1l0LqjpYWTN090tkHd9Djetf_u_ZEmWcqTQo358-5JA

Apparently chicken and waffles is more of a southern thing in the United States. I've never had it but I know it exists. Some people eat the chicken and waffles separately (but in the same sitting) and others poor the syrup over both the waffles and the chicken and eat them at the same time. It's not a combination I would like but I'm a pretty picky eater.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    ^ I had that once. It might not have been terrible, but they used fake maple syrup, which I think is disgusting. That ended up being all I could taste. :?
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:
    ^ I had that once. It might not have been terrible, but they used fake maple syrup, which I think is disgusting. That ended up being all I could taste. :?

There's fake maple syrup? I wasn't aware :shock:
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:

yea about that

what do you people in Europe put on your pancakes instead of maple syrup because i am sure it is not as popular or easy to come by on that side of the world?

I hate sugar syrup or whatever you call it.
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:

yea about that

what do you people in Europe put on your pancakes instead of maple syrup because i am sure it is not as popular or easy to come by on that side of the world?

I put sugar and lemon juice on mine

If I was having thick pancakes then bacon and maple syrup for sure
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:

yea about that

People in Europe are weird. They put mayonnaise on their fries (or chips) :wink: :-o
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:

:shock: it's really nasty. I can't even describe the taste, and it's like the consistency of simple syrup. Bad news bears.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:

:shock: it's really nasty. I can't even describe the taste, and it's like the consistency of simple syrup. Bad news bears.

I'm sure I'm a fan of "fake syrup" because my mom use to have to make her own. It was yummy :D
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:

yea about that

People in Europe are weird. They put mayonnaise on their fries (or chips) :wink: :-o

What's wrong with that! :-o have you ever tried it?
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    henpot7514 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:

yea about that

I have and ketchup is much more enjoyable. I have mixed mayonnaise and ketchup before for my fries. That wasn't bad.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    henpot7514 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:

yea about that

People in America are weird. They put mayonaise on everyting except their fries. The tastiest use of mayonaise!
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:

yea about that

come on now
    everything is good on french fries.
    nothing beats a good poutine though.
    poutine.jpg
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    No-one can say we're weird when you guys eat cheese from a can :shock:
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    henpot7514 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:

yea about that

I have and ketchup is much more enjoyable. I have mixed mayonnaise and ketchup before for my fries. That wasn't bad.

One of the reasons is probably that American mayonaise is very different from our mayonaise. A lot more sour and fluffier.

Our mayonaise is the *!
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    How's this:

This is a "pataje oorlog", literally translated War fries.

It's fries, mayonaise, ketchup ( or curry ), satay-sauce and fresh cut onions! Delicious! :lol:

patatje-oorlog-netherlands.png
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    One of the reasons is probably that American mayonaise is very different from our mayonaise. A lot more sour and fluffier.

Our mayonaise is the *!

I'll check it out when I'm over there. I'm going to the UK in less then a month. I did hear that some places charge extra for ketchup in Europe. Do I need to bring my own ketchup :P
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!