EA Forums - Banner

Gil donut 25% bug - purchased donuts through gil, game crashed and now wont start

Replies

• lilydalelah
    134 posts
    edited December 2012
    I bought just $2 worth of donuts from the Gil promo. I have not seen problems yet. I had donuts prior already when i added a dozen more via Gil -- meaning 15 donuts for xmas '25% more' promo -- to bring up the amt to enough for just one more 'big' item

Suggestions for spending approx 150 donuts will be appreciated, for instance is KrustyLu studio worth it? I tend to go f

... man i HATE the disappearing keyboard issue that occurs on this forum. Is that just me??!

Continued from where the iphone rudely cut me off:
    i go for characters before stuff like buildings or decorations when it comes to premium items. I blow donuts on mystery boxes but usually am disappointed.

Now i have just enough for KrustyLu Studio or the Frink Lab. What would people do? And im sorry this is tangential but i replied to say i bought donuts via Gil special, but only $2 worth, and had bought donuts prior and maintained a balance per normal non-Gil/non-xmas special, which may be a confounding variable in the error others experienced (Developers? Anyone there? EA?) <crickets chirping... the only sound heard...>
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'd go with the lab. I just got KrustyLu last night and I'm not impressed yet. The lab brought cool tasks (and you can decorate it for Christmas if you wanted).
  • HellSpawn138
    10 posts
    edited December 2012
    Just to answer on concern brought up before, if you restore your device to factory standards and then load up the game again, DO NOT put in your password on the pop-up that appears. Now I need to restore my iPod again because it went back to crashing immediately after i pressed "ok"
  • jferentz
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    My game works again for the ipad as well.
    This is what i did.
    I did not boot up the app for 24 hours.
    When i did, i hit cancel when it prompted for my password.
    Now it works.......
  • jferentz
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I bought just $2 worth of donuts from the Gil promo. I have not seen problems yet. I had donuts prior already when i added a dozen more via Gil -- meaning 15 donuts for xmas '25% more' promo -- to bring up the amt to enough for just one more 'big' item

Suggestions for spending approx 150 donuts will be appreciated, for instance is KrustyLu studio worth it? I tend to go f

... man i HATE the disappearing keyboard issue that occurs on this forum. Is that just me??!

Continued from where the iphone rudely cut me off:
    i go for characters before stuff like buildings or decorations when it comes to premium items. I blow donuts on mystery boxes but usually am disappointed.

Now i have just enough for KrustyLu Studio or the Frink Lab. What would people do? And im sorry this is tangential but i replied to say i bought donuts via Gil special, but only $2 worth, and had bought donuts prior and maintained a balance per normal non-Gil/non-xmas special, which may be a confounding variable in the error others experienced (Developers? Anyone there? EA?) <crickets chirping... the only sound heard...>

I think it all boils down to what character you like more. Frink or side show mel. Frink is definitely more entertaining imo.
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Just to answer on concern brought up before, if you restore your device to factory standards and then load up the game again, DO NOT put in your password on the pop-up that appears. Now I need to restore my iPod again because it went back to crashing immediately after i pressed "ok"

That's good to know, and disturbing. I think the iTunes sign-in pop-up looks odd, not like it usually does, though I have to confirm that.. And not by buying donuts!!!! I was going to buy Frink but I have decided my donut buying days are over.
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    What ups all.. This just happened to me within the last 20 mins. I was locked out after buying doughnuts then came here for any help. After finding this post I signed out of my iTunes, openedtje game back up and got the password request then hit cancel. The game opened with the dougghnuts there. I heard a few weird doughnut store sounds. Then the second time I opened up the game it sent the alert my doughnut purchase was successful. This is what I did and worked. Hope it for for anybody else with this problem.
  • schliematt
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    WaLkiNoNwAtErR: well this trick didnt work for me but i got locked out a couple days ago on xmas eve. One thing i did notice was i got this error a couple times in other games. the login to apple id thing popped up even tho i wasnt buying anything and i think one time when i didnt even have an app open.

so you logged outof itunes by going into the itunes store app and loggin out and you never relogged into it? and when you opened the simpsons game you hit cancel on the apple id thing that came up? and it was when you entered the actual game aka were where you could see your buildgins and city?
  • SpaceId331
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    What ups all.. This just happened to me within the last 20 mins. I was locked out after buying doughnuts then came here for any help. After finding this post I signed out of my iTunes, openedtje game back up and got the password request then hit cancel. The game opened with the dougghnuts there.

I have the same exact problem, but this fix didn't work for me. Anyone else have any other ideas? I'm not going to reset my whole iPhone for this. Maybe I can get a refund from Apple.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    SpaceId331 wrote:
    What ups all.. This just happened to me within the last 20 mins. I was locked out after buying doughnuts then came here for any help. After finding this post I signed out of my iTunes, openedtje game back up and got the password request then hit cancel. The game opened with the dougghnuts there.

I have the same exact problem, but this fix didn't work for me. Anyone else have any other ideas? I'm not going to reset my whole iPhone for this. Maybe I can get a refund from Apple.

If the donut purchase didn't go through you can get a refund, I did. I am concerned about this iTunes log in screen coming up every time I open the game, this is an issue many people have had and it seems related to security of the game. I can't remember if I had to enter my password for previous purchases, but I'm done buying donuts for this game. Just glad I can play it at this point.
  • schliematt
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    i am pretty sure in the simpsons and any game i bought ingame purchases a password deal comes up. this prevents childrens getting ahold of ur ipod and spending real cash if they dont know the apple id.
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    schliematt wrote:
    WaLkiNoNwAtErR: well this trick didnt work for me but i got locked out a couple days ago on xmas eve. One thing i did notice was i got this error a couple times in other games. the login to apple id thing popped up even tho i wasnt buying anything and i think one time when i didnt even have an app open.

so you logged outof itunes by going into the itunes store app and loggin out and you never relogged into it? and when you opened the simpsons game you hit cancel on the apple id thing that came up? and it was when you entered the actual game aka were where you could see your buildgins and city?

Yea, I closed the game out then I went into the app store and signed out of my apple account completely and then opened the game back up. It asked for my password as it was loading but it hit cancel. Then I got into my town and the doughnuts bought were there. I did hear a few weird sounds like when u dont have enough to buy doughnuts in store or other store sounds. I collected and got out of the game. Went right back in to test it again and got an alert from the game that the doughnut purchase went through. I do however get the prompt to enter my apple ID at least every other time I go into the game. I always hit cancel. I'm Glad it at least opens for me now but hope it isn't a real security issue as people are speculating and hope EA fixes it soon or at least it fixes itself in the next update. Was thinking about putting the password in one time when it pops up while I'm in my city but don't think I'm that brave lol. This all happened purchasing doughnuts that were taking forever to go through. So I backed out of the game and then the confirm purachase popped up while the game was closed. I confirmed it outside the app. Did that happen with anybody else and do u think that has anything to do with the problem?
  • Deatheller
    107 posts
    edited December 2012
    was just about to pick up some donuts too, so guessing i should hold off then? thanks for the info! :shock:
    and on the other side, has anyone picked up some through Gil without it crashing?? :?:
  • schliematt
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    well the first batch i had bought was a bit sluggish to go thru but worked and 10 mins later i bought the ones that didnt go thru. it was sluggish like the first time then the game crashed out and i was sent to the home screen. anytime i put in the password since this came up has made the game crash when i try to open it sometimes with a password promt sometimes without. ive restored mine back to a restore from early dec like 2-3 times now.

and it isnt necessarily thru Gil. when u go to the donut store the normal way the deals are there still. and im pretty sure i got to them the normal non Gil way when my error happened. I am about to contact itunes bout this and either get a refund or see if they can jsut give me the donuts im owed cause i do want them, im afraid tho if i make another purchase it will be jsut more of the same so i hioe they can jsut put the donuts inthe account
  • Deatheller
    107 posts
    edited December 2012
    Well buying some now, will post how it go's.... Wish me luck! lol 8)

Update : Well just ordered the $19.99 truck load (witch with special came with extra 75 donuts) of 300, placed it, confirmed it and received it all in a matter of 20 sec's, so far no problems! well update if things changed.

Also on a side note, i didn't buy them through Gil, i just went to the get more tab, whether that has anything to do with it or not i have no clue, but still got the bonus and all that good stuff.. thought i should mention it.

Update : No crashes (outside the normal) or any problems with my order of 375. been playing for over an hour without a single problem from it! so get your bonus donuts fast before its over!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rjcollacott
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    Good choice, buying donuts causes problems. I can access my game through another iPad if I sign into Origin, but, the donuts I purchased are not there. I still can't access game through my iPAD.
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Anyone with an iPad could you help with a question? I bought donuts via the store, not by clicking on Gil, and I lost the game. I erased and restored the iPad and got it back but it still prompts for the apple password every time I open the game. Apparently this has to do with the fact that the purchase didn't go through. I logged out of iTunes and rebooted but I'm supposed to cancel the download somehow and it doesn't give me the option in iTunes. If anyone knows where to find this setting I would appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Still tempted to try to buy donuts to see if it goes away but I don't want the app to crash again!
  • Zordthebest
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    FIXED

I ordered the $50 bundle at the last few hours and then my game was having these lock up issues. Here's how I fixed it.

Step 1: Leave the game off for a few hours, don't even try to log in for like 3 hours.

Step 2: Open the game, it will ask for a password, click cancel.

Step 3: It should get you into the game, never enter your password for itunes. I think you can enter it for origin

Step 4: click on the buy donuts icon. I went to the $2 one for testing.

The following then came up.

Confirm purchase $1.99
    After that, I got an Itunes password entering thing

Step 5: ENTER YOUR PASSWORD

Step 6: click cancel to the new purchase.

This put 900 donuts on my account. Since I thought I was buying 1125 I will be asking for an adjustment or refund. I don't recommend spending the donuts since they'll get taken away most likely, but now I can easily play.

Enjoy.
  • schliematt
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    ok I couldnt find the place to ask for a refund. but i found a live chat option at the itunes store website. which wasnt the right place but the lady helped me locate the proper place to send an email. i sent one explaingin the situation and got a reply at like 2 am. i sent my first email bout 12. the first lady also suggested i contact ea thru the itunes page of simpsons tapped out which i did but didnt expect much from them. so the itunes email said he wants to help me and that he thinks a refund (in 5-7 business days) is in order as opposed to reimbursing me the donuts. (i was charged for donuts but didnt recieve)

so i hopped onto the app and had 2 hours to go on the sale. It took 3-4 tries to get the purchase to go thru. the first one was proccessing for like 3-5 minutes and i think timed out. the second it took a while and when buy/cancel prompt came up im not sure what i hit but the "you cancelled and now Maggie is crying" screen came up. So then i tried a third time and this time after bout 20-30 seconds the buy/cancel prompt came up i hit yes and then the apple id prompt came up which i entered my password adn hit ok. after a bit with the next screen (it says working.. or soemthign to that effect or kaching i dont recall) ended and i had no new donuts. i checked my email for reciept and my bank for the transaction. There were none. So i clicked a 4th time to buy the donuts and while waiting for the buy/cancel prompt the donuts popped in. so i hit cancel for the 4th attempt. usually the donuts pop in right after the kaching screen.

I checked the bank site and i think i had the transaction in there then. it isnt currently but purchases like to sometimes disappear a couple days before they are made official at the list of transactions. so i will wait a couple days to make sure i only was charged once. but tonight my refund is already on the bank site so i am pretty happy bout that.

this morning opened the app and there was a update download and i have not had the game prompt me for my apple id password since. so either they fixed the issue or making the purchase fixed it or i am jsut lucky.
  • SpaceId331
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    I was not able to get the game to work again. I got my refund from Apple and just deleted the game from my iPhone. I really liked the game, but oh well...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.