EA Forums - Banner

Gil donut 25% bug - purchased donuts through gil, game crashed and now wont start

13Next

Replies

• MattGXYZ
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    I am still having the problem.. game opens to EA logo screen, then goes back to home page... am trying different things suggested here, but no luck so far .... I do have an open case with EA but they are lying when they say they'll get back to you within 24 hours :(
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    MattGXYZ wrote:
    I am still having the problem.. game opens to EA logo screen, then goes back to home page... am trying different things suggested here, but no luck so far .... I do have an open case with EA but they are lying when they say they'll get back to you within 24 hours :(

From the emails I received from EA there is no understanding of this issue - I didn't push it because I did get the game back after restoring the iPad as new. But I am trying to get itunes support to understand because I believe it is related to the purchase I made and I am still getting the apple password pop up.

So far those who have had success in getting past this donut buying glitch have had to erase and restart their device, unfortunately.
  • MattGXYZ
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    Pchorsedoc wrote:
    MattGXYZ wrote:

From the emails I received from EA there is no understanding of this issue - I didn't push it because I did get the game back after restoring the iPad as new. But I am trying to get itunes support to understand because I believe it is related to the purchase I made and I am still getting the apple password pop up.

So far those who have had success in getting past this donut buying glitch have had to erase and restart their device, unfortunately.

I have tried restoring my IPAD device to its original factory settings --- then reinstalling the game from scratch -- same issue -- asks me for my Apple Password and crashes - Apple says this is EA's problem. I have not yet heard from EA
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    MattGXYZ wrote:
    Pchorsedoc wrote:
    MattGXYZ wrote:

I have tried restoring my IPAD device to its original factory settings --- then reinstalling the game from scratch -- same issue -- asks me for my Apple Password and crashes - Apple says this is EA's problem. I have not yet heard from EA

Yes it is still asking me for the password and I hit cancel every time and can play the game. That's why I'm not giving up trying to explain it to iTunes support. I have read on Apple support forums that because the purchase didn't go through there is a hang up and you are supposed to clear it by deleting paused downloads?! And as seen above, it is possible that another purchase may clear it. Have you tried NOT entering your password?

It's a horrible bug and I don't have much hope of EA fixing it but please keep us posted here.
  • Zordthebest
    2 posts
    edited December 2012

Yes it is still asking me for the password and I hit cancel every time and can play the game. That's why I'm not giving up trying to explain it to iTunes support. I have read on Apple support forums that because the purchase didn't go through there is a hang up and you are supposed to clear it by deleting paused downloads?! And as seen above, it is possible that another purchase may clear it. Have you tried NOT entering your password?

It's a horrible bug and I don't have much hope of EA fixing it but please keep us posted here.

See my post before. I was in the same boat. I DID NOT have to purchase anything else. I simply went to purchase the 1.99 donut pack, then the confirm box popped up, and OVER that popped up the password. That was when I entered my password, then canceled the new purchase. It fixed my problems.
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited December 2012

See my post before. I was in the same boat. I DID NOT have to purchase anything else. I simply went to purchase the 1.99 donut pack, then the confirm box popped up, and OVER that popped up the password. That was when I entered my password, then canceled the new purchase. It fixed my problems.

Thanks, yes I tried your suggestion but it didn't stop the pop-up. Maybe if I went through with the purchase?...
  • rjcollacott
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    I deleted the game. The opened a new itunes account and re-loaded the APP through the new account. Didn't work. Same problem, can't get past opening screen. I will try Zorgthebest suggestions.

How are you getting the money back the donut purchases that started all this **** ?
  • MattGXYZ
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    I called Apple ... even though Apple owns ITUNES, they arent the "same company" -- ARGH!!!

I've opened an online support ticket with Itunes. I installed Simpsons on my friends iphone ... and logged into MY origin account game ... I dont think it's EA -- because it worked 100% flawlessly

If I set my Ipad back to "original settings" and then install JUST the Simpsons game, it immediately asked me for my password ...

Tomorrow I think I'll try setting the Ipad back to "original" -- but then put my FRIENDS' apple account on there instead of mine ... I'll bet Simpsons works... which should prove that's its a problem with the ITUNES account

Stay tuned, i'll report back tomorrow !
  • schliematt
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    i explained my story back a page but i went to my email i got the purchase reciept and hit problem with billing or whatever and thru itunes support picked itunes and i entered my issue instead of picking a category and it took me to a email them page. and i did. i got a reply 2 hours later at 2 am. teh refund was back in my bank the next day tho it said 5-7 days.

and he said i got a refund coming so i went and bought some donuts while the sale was still going. and it took a few attempts but i finally got them and then the next day there was a update download at the main screen before you click to go into your city and i havent had the issue with the apple id password since so i think its either fixed in the download or fixed in the purchase i made. did anyone else get the in game download? it says a file size and like 15/39 or soemthing like that with the spinning donut.
  • MattGXYZ
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    Here is my update (see my previous post for context).... I put my IPAD back to it's original factory settings.. and instead of using MY apple ID .. I used my friends..... the only thing I did after setting up the IPAD under his account was go to the Store and download the Simpsons game....

Immediately upon launch it started to download the updates.. and let me into Origin -- and then the game

I called Apple back and explained this ... THEY AGREED IT SOUNDS LIKE A PROBLEM WITH MY ITUNES ACCOUNT

Stay tuned.
  • MattGXYZ
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    Because the game crashed during the purchase process... Apple had me change my credit card information thinking that might 'clear' the purchase with Apple.. but it didnt work

Apple opened a case with the ITUNES technicians.... but at least Apple finally agreed the problem was on their end.
  • rjcollacott
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have been promised a refund from Apple on my donut purchase. They believe it is an EA problem. I sent them a link to this thread to indicate that it is an Apple issue. I've deleted the game; I can't get it to work. Too bad, I was enjoying this APP, one of the best I've played.

I'll keep you posted if they come up with anything.

R
  • curvy_kitten
    40 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I got my refund from Apple on the same day that I emailed them about it, so for that, I am very grateful.
    I got some emails from EA AFTER I got my refund. They said that they were sorry that I was experiencing problems, but they never really acknowledged the actual donut fail.
    They pretty much suggested to reboot both the game and device. OK, whatever.

Anyway, because I am a HUGE idiot, i decided to give it another shot.....
    A few minutes ago, I purchased the 4.99 pack. Purchase went through and I got my donuts. I even played some more afterwards.
    However, after I logged out then back in, the game again started crashing non-stop.
    Luckily, I've been backing up my data every chance I get, so I decided to yet again, restore to factory settings and then recover the data.
    FOR NOW, everything seems to be OK - I'm back in the game, donuts are still there and so are the items I purchased after I bought the donuts.
  • MattGXYZ
    9 posts
    edited January 2013
    I received an email from EA saying the problem was fixed and they closed my ticket -- well it's NOT fixed and I opened a new ticket

The reply on the new ticket was basically "turn off your device.. " .. etc

I tore that rep a new ***Hole because I referenced the previous ticket and he didnt bother to read it.

Supposedly my new ticket is "escalated" .. but we'll see

This is a 1,000% ridiculous issue !!! God forbid I want to PAY FOR THE GAME and it crashes !!!
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    MattGXYZ wrote:
    I received an email from EA saying the problem was fixed and they closed my ticket -- well it's NOT fixed and I opened a new ticket!!!

Sorry, yes they like to do that so I gave up after getting the iTunes refund.

I only gave up because erasing my ipad allowed me to use the game again, if it hadn't, I would have been crazy upset.

Edit - Feb. 9/2013 so now I REALLY want to buy in game donuts but am afraid to because of what happened to me last time.. It is using all of my willpower not to, but the thought of erasing my ipad again and not being able to play stops me. So if EA ever reads this thread, this glitch will affect how much money I spend on the game.

I have spent over $20 and was willing to spend more..... Until the Xmas Gil donut crash.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.