edited January 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    20s is pretty warm

water doesn't freeze until 0
    i think 20 is warm....to uk standards :lol:
  • ianmia
    9201 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    He's american 32 is freezing. and it won't even get there for me this week.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    20 is hot like hell.

I dont do * when its above 25.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited January 2015
    20 is hot like hell.

i hate the heat too, it's easier to warm up than it is to cool down....imo
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    20 is hot like hell.

I agree.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    20 is hot like hell.

i hate the heat too, it's easier to warm up than it is to cool down....imo

Yeah, it is. I kinda like the cold. Not -50 of course but we never reach that here. Even below 0 is pretty comfortable imo.
  • mmabr69
    138 posts
    edited January 2015
    Sorry I could have been more specific, that would be 32 degrees Fahrenheit which is considered freezing, last year our Bridges froze at 35*
  • RMVancleav710
    3540 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    i don't know, I hate being cold and I have very low blood circulation so im always cold, but I have a heater that I keep the thermostat at 79 degrees all the time. Have no clue what im going to do when we move to Montana... :shock:
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mmabr69 wrote:
    Sorry I could have been more specific, that would be 32 degrees Fahrenheit which is considered freezing, last year our Bridges froze at 35*

Oh, right. 32 celsius is hot like hell... :lol:

0 celsius / 32 Fahrenhet is not that big of a deal here. Lives just gies on as usual.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    OP you would have big problems living in a plains state! :D:D:D
    This is a screenshot I took about an hour ago. This is just typical January weather here.
    They did close schools down today though for some reason.

3d8mR4w.png?1

• Aiddann86
    655 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Haha when I lived in alaska neg was normal to me. I still ate ice cream. Didn't care, but now living in kentucky people look at me strange when I eat if cream at 40 F
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Aiddan wrote:
    Haha when I lived in alaska neg was normal to me. I still ate ice cream. Didn't care, but now living in kentucky people look at me strange when I eat if cream at 40 F

Oh yeah! I buy way more ice cream in the winter than in the summer, you don't have to worry about it melting on the way home. :D
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mmabr69 wrote:

I think it's cute when people from the south think 32 degrees F is cold. I mean one inch of snow can shut down an entire city for days. It just blows my mind.

I have relatives from California and it would be 60 degrees F and they would be wearing coats. That's why I planned my wedding in January. That way most people won't come due to the cold but they will still send presents
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    jukan00 wrote:
    OP you would have big problems living in a plains state! :D:D:D
    This is a screenshot I took about an hour ago. This is just typical January weather here.
    They did close schools down today though for some reason.

3d8mR4w.png?1

Haha, now I know what part of Lincoln you are in :)

I can't believe they closed down school today. 20 years ago when I was in grade school we had school when there was a foot of snow on the ground. Kids these days. :)

On the bright side, traffic was light this morning.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mmabr69 wrote:

I think it's cute when people from the south think 32 degrees F is cold. I mean one inch of snow can shut down an entire city for days. It just blows my mind.

I have relatives from California and it would be 60 degrees F and they would be wearing coats. That's why I planned my wedding in January. That way most people won't come due to the cold but they will still send presents

When I visit my relatives in Florida in February -and wear shorts (because it's 70 degrees) they almost have a panic attack! 'You can't wear that today! You can't dress your daughter in shorts, she'll get a chill'.
    It's 70 degrees! And HUMID.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited January 2015

Haha, now I know what part of Lincoln you are in :)

I can't believe they closed down school today. 20 years ago when I was in grade school we had school when there was a foot of snow on the ground. Kids these days. :)

On the bright side, traffic was light this morning.

Yes. I remember riding my bike to school in this kind of stuff. Or them canceling school in the middle of the day because of a blizzard- no buses so you had to walk home through a blizzard. hahahahaha.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    jukan00 wrote:
    Yes. I remember riding my bike to school in this kind of stuff. Or them canceling school in the middle of the day because of a blizzard- no buses so you had to walk home through a blizzard. hahahahaha.

Yep, kids these days (or their parents) are pansies :lol:

Also, does anyone know what the weather is like in London area. I'll be there in a month and I'm just curious.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Southern California. I hate the heat. Love when it gets cold. But all our drought-resistant plants died last week when it dropped to a rare 32 Fahrenheit (0 Celsius) ... Especially the otherwise hardy, drought-resistant succulents. Oh, well. :(

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.