EA Forums - Banner

Game Apps Discussion

mmabr69 wrote:
I'm sure a majority of us can agree that some game apps are simply amazing and mind blowing, but how do we measure the value and ask ourselves the question, when is enough... well enough? I try to look through both Dev to User perspectives to answer this question. I personally haven't the slightest idea how much cost it takes to keep a game up and running, but I think from a consumers perspective at some point you should feel as though you have paid your dues and content should become part of a purchased game. What are your thoughts on this?
it depends, if they continue to make content then you should pay, personal, I'm not a micro transactions guy, I'm like to pay for a full game, then pay for additional add ons, I don't want to pay for the app, then pay to unlock things with in an app :evil: lol but that's me

some like it that way, but form a dev point, it's genious ,

the game im play is the crew, one of payment, but also has a premium currency you can earn and buy, they sell the game cheap cus they no they'll make the rest up in its micro transactions, I'd rather they had the game at a higher price, but had car packs you could buy, but the would make as much money that way :P

Replies

• mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    If i really like a game, i'm happy to spend money on it. Only for the best.

Only problem is, there are a lot of games out there and most of them begin to beg for money when you are just logging in. That micro-credit system kinda ruins the fun for me 9 out of 10 times.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    it depends, if they continue to make content then you should pay, personal, I'm not a micro transactions guy, I'm like to pay for a full game, then pay for additional add ons, I don't want to pay for the app, then pay to unlock things with in an app :evil: lol but that's me

This. I rather pay € 50,- for a really good game than a simple "free"game that keeps asking for tiny bits of money to buy extra content.
  • mmabr69
    138 posts
    edited January 2015
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:

This. I rather pay € 50,- for a really good game than a simple "free"game that keeps asking for tiny bits of money to buy extra content.

I agree, we call that nickel and dime you to death, which is why personally I think there should be a cap (top price) and once you reach that cap the content should become free for the life of the game.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited January 2015
    mmabr69 wrote:
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:

I agree, we call that nickel and dime you to death, which is why personally I think there should be a cap (top price) and once you reach that cap the content should become free for the life of the game.
    no I don't agree with that, if they're making content, and you want it, you pay for it, I don't think its right to nickel and dime every think, but there are people who would rather (example) example, pay 69p for a car than a whole DLC for £6.99. it's personal preference, it's what's worth it for you, I'm happy to pay for adds to be removed in games, like Elian sad if you enjoy a game then I'm more than happy to pay,

if bethsda bought out dlc's (overtime) for skyrim worth upto a £1000 pounds, Id pay that if Im enjoying it.
    I think the prices need to reflect what your getting, if I got skyrim and they released anther dlc with as much content as skyrim the game, I'd have no issue paying the same price as I did for the game.....but there are some who wouldn't :lol:
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I can see games going the way of software with monthly subscription charges to play, instead of a one-time price, which some already have. Especially as games become more community oriented. I guess they already do that with playstation plus and xbox gold, but could trickle down the games themselves.
  • mmabr69
    138 posts
    edited January 2015
    K I think I understand, pay for all the content in a single bundle and get everything, rather than pay and have to pick and choose what you want, makes sense.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited January 2015
    mmabr69 wrote:
    K I think I understand, pay for all the content in a single bundle and get everything, rather than pay and have to pick and choose what you want, makes sense.
    i guess it boils down to "each to there own" I think there's a market for both but I'm more in favor for the one payment and the buy addon, not pay to play as you go along :lol:

I think your right Jblue, this isn't uncommon to to pc user but for me (concole player) it's a shock lol

although I gladly pay for a game I like but let's use 'eldersrolls online' for example, (for the ps4 when it hits)
    I'll play full price for the game, then a monthly fee for the severs and updates with bonus content. that's good, but if it's all going that way, I think id have to be forced to drop a subscription to play the latest game, as I wouldn't be able to afford to many subscription, as I already have, netflix,spotify,xbl,psn :shock: I hope they don't all go that way mmo RPGs are my fav :? :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.