EA Forums - Banner

Tip to get MORE than 100 friends

I don't mind the extra XP and cash I get from this.
I have deactivated FB though.
I have asked before if there is any limit to FB friends but could not get a definitive answer.
Honestly my FB friends were never as valuable to the game as my origin friends. They just don't play as seriously normally lol.
Does it increase possibility of another donut drop having more friends?

Replies

• JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    8)
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    AT 90 friends, it already takes me 20 minutes to do them all. I couldn't imagine 120 friends every day. :)
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    AT 90 friends, it already takes me 20 minutes to do them all. I couldn't imagine 120 friends every day. :)

Gosh! Well done for 20 mins. Between crashes, cannot connect screens, people calling and texting while I am playing, I am lucky to get 100 done in an hour normally. I just do it while I'm just watching TV.
  • tyleerxo
    234 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Ningyo42 wrote:

Gosh! Well done for 20 mins. Between crashes, cannot connect screens, people calling and texting while I am playing, I am lucky to get 100 done in an hour normally. I just do it while I'm just watching TV.

Wow that is a long time! I usually just have some music on in the background but it takes me about 20-25 minutes normally.
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Takes me about 40 minutes and that's for 94 friends. I wouldn't want any more than 100...
  • wadebear
    3677 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    You must have really high speed internet.

It takes me over an hour to blast through my 100 friends as quickly as possible (and that's without worrying about Elf Tunnel Doors or Cannons). Most of that time is spent waiting for the towns to load.

It wouldn't do me any good to link to Facebook. The only Facebook friend I have who plays is already an Origin friend. But then, all my Facebook friends are people I actually know...

I made the mistake of friending someone I didn't know (but thought I might through our business). He turned out to be a holy roller and was always posting religious clap-trap. When he posted some anti-gay garbage, I knew he wasn't anyone I knew - or would want to.
  • tyleerxo
    234 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Brevis45 wrote:
    With the updates we have had of late it just isn't worth having 100 or any more than that because the update doesn't cover all of the friends you have so it is pointless to have more. :-)

But more friends mean more neighbours tapping in your town! I think it's really useful if you are somebody that is still collecting FP as it will give you that boost to collect them quicker.
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Out of Glitchmas times, it is usually about 40 minutes.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    You must have really high speed internet.

It takes me over an hour to blast through my 100 friends as quickly as possible (and that's without worrying about Elf Tunnel Doors or Cannons). Most of that time is spent waiting for the towns to load.

It wouldn't do me any good to link to Facebook. The only Facebook friend I have who plays is already an Origin friend. But then, all my Facebook friends are people I actually know...

I made the mistake of friending someone I didn't know (but thought I might through our business). He turned out to be a holy roller and was always posting religious clap-trap. When he posted some anti-gay garbage, I knew he wasn't anyone I knew - or would want to.
    tyleerxo wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:

Wow that is a long time! I usually just have some music on in the background but it takes me about 20-25 minutes normally.
    My Interenet is "only" 30 mbps down, and 5 up, so it's pretty quick. Lately, I've been lucky to not have many crashes at all. I'm very thankful for that, to be honest, because I've done my time in crash camp with TSTO. I couldn't handle an hour to take care of all of them. If it's running bad like that, I just don't finish my friends. That's rare, though, because I like to be the neighbor that doesn't forget to visit. :) So, if I don't visit you, you know I'm just beyond tired and can't keep my eyes open, or the game has decided crashing is the play for the night. :)

I like to do my neighbors while watching TV, but sometimes I can't visit until way too late.... Then it's music time. :)
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    tyleerxo wrote:
    Brevis45 wrote:
    With the updates we have had of late it just isn't worth having 100 or any more than that because the update doesn't cover all of the friends you have so it is pointless to have more. :-)

But more friends mean more neighbours tapping in your town! I think it's really useful if you are somebody that is still collecting FP as it will give you that boost to collect them quicker.

Perhaps, however it can get overwhelming posting for help from friends who may not play as much as we do. At least I know most here play everyday numerous times a day.
  • 4junk3000
    5278 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Brevis45 wrote:

Because of this I've pared down to 50.

I like it.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Surfcitygal
    1200 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Brevis45 wrote:

Because of this I've pared down to 50.

I like it.

In the last Halloween event, wasn't 60 the optimum number? I also like that better than 100.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3078 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Yeah I have about 60 or so...that's enough for me.

Besides I prefer NOT to link up to Facebook.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Takes me about 40 minutes and that's for 94 friends. I wouldn't want any more than 100...

Now this is a pleasant avatar!
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited January 2015
    Fb never
    Rather stick to origin. I know my stuff will stay saved. Good luck to you though
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!