EA Forums - Banner

Donut sale dilemma; I'm bad at math

If you're going to spend it anyways, I'd wait. The larger packages are a better value.

Replies

• dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    You may as well wait as the deal lasts for more than four days.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    His deal ends on the 27th (in 4 days). If you are going to have $88 then you can do the $50 deal and the $30 deal and see what you have left over since some people pay tax and others don't. Just don't forget to do it so you don't miss out on the extra donuts.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    I guess I'm just being impatient, ha. I also for some reason thought the sale ended earlier than that, but I suppose I should have enough time to utilize it if the sale ends on... Wednesday? Thursday?

But wait, if I get a $50 card, I still can't afford the boatload. Id still have to use the $37 leftover, buying all the smaller donut bundles. If I get $100 then I wouldnt have needed to wait and I'll Still have $36 leftover anyway. So is there really any point in waiting?

The only thing that could Possibly change things is if mpoints redeems my pending $20,000 points before the sale ends, so I'd end up with $58.22 plus the $50 or $100 one I'll get for Christmas.

Maybe I'm over thinking it, I'm very indecisive. I always think I'll realize I made the wrong choice right after. I take 20 minutes just to choose a snack from a convenience store :roll:
  • dagneymae
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Your math is right. If you only get a $50 GC then it doesn't matter when you buy the $20, $10 & $5. If however, you end up getting a $100 GC then the Boatload of Donuts is by far your best value. I'd say wait to see what Santa brings :D
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'd wait to see how things look right before the deal expires. I hope I get my latest mpoints redemption before the deal ends.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    His deal ends on the 27th (in 4 days). If you are going to have $88 then you can do the $50 deal and the $30 deal and see what you have left over since some people pay tax and others don't. Just don't forget to do it so you don't miss out on the extra donuts.

$30 deal? I thought it goes straight to $50 from $20? I Wish they offered a $30 deal :/
    And yeah I know I do get taxed, I've bought donuts somewhat recently which is why my itunes credit is an odd number.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I'd wait until you have the most amount of iTunes card credit, then get the biggest donut purchase you want (and can afford!). The more expensive the donut package, the better value for money they are. If you do end up getting a $100 one for Christmas you can use it to get the boatload which, with the extra 25% is more than enough to get everything and have plenty left over, and use whatever you have left to buy music, films, app or whatever else you like from the store.

I'm excited for you, you've been saving so hard! :D
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    dromtsul wrote:
    I'd wait to see how things look right before the deal expires. I hope I get my latest mpoints redemption before the deal ends.

Same! I was so mad when I heard they announced they wouldn't be redeeming points steadily through the holidays. I had planned on cashing in 20,000 points Saturday night, so they'd be ready by Monday. Then I read their announcement, and now I'm left with freaking $38 instead of $58. They said they're still processing the orders, they're just going to take a lot longer to get to everyone... I really hope someone is there processing on Monday, that extra $20 would be perfect and I wouldn't have to buy the crappy small donut bundles.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    xrobotlove wrote:
    I really hope someone is there processing on Monday, that extra $20 would be perfect and I wouldn't have to buy the crappy small donut bundles.
    I do, too, otherwise I won't be able to capitalize on this deal. There are so many things I want :(
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    I'd wait until you have the most amount of iTunes card credit, then get the biggest donut purchase you want (and can afford!). The more expensive the donut package, the better value for money they are. If you do end up getting a $100 one for Christmas you can use it to get the boatload which, with the extra 25% is more than enough to get everything and have plenty left over, and use whatever you have left to buy music, films, app or whatever else you like from the store.

I'm excited for you, you've been saving so hard! :D

Oh yeeeah, I totally forgot that I can use the credit for things other than TSTO... It honestly hadn't occurred to me, lol.
    And thanks! you have no ideaaa, I've earned like 90,000 points (10,000 per gift card) in the short time I've been using mpoints, but its been like a full time job (virtual manual labor!). It's just as tedious and time consuming, except I only make like .50¢ an hour... Hours, so many hours of my life...
    ....but also, so many donuts :thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!