EA Forums - Banner

National championship

Prev1
Correct. Oregon has not won a National Championship.

However, I'm picking Ohio State. Urban Meyer is possibly the best coach alive. But Oregon is certainly the favorite.

Replies

• SirLance_Elot
    2148 posts Member
    edited January 2015

However, I'm picking Ohio State. Urban Meyer is possibly the best coach alive. But Oregon is certainly the favorite.

Wheres the fan fare - his majesty dath returned!
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015

Never been an OSU fan, but still have to respect him. He seems like a pretty humble guy too.
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4695 posts Member
    edited January 2015

Wheres the fan fare - his majesty dath returned!

tZOS8.gif
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited January 2015

Hi. Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Torn on this one. If Ohio State wins, than 1/14th of their winnings go to my school. And it makes the conference look stronger when a team from your conferences wins the title. With that being said, I'm going for Oregon. I attended a game at Ohio State, where "hi" is a letter apparently, and their fans were not very nice.

There cheer is O-HI-O which always made me wonder, why are all these fan of Ohio State cheering of the University of Ohio, and at there own Ohio State game? It just puzzled me.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:

Never been an OSU fan, but still have to respect him. He seems like a pretty humble guy too.

He is a great coach, but there is one thing that always bugged me about him. He said he quite Florida because of health reasons, I believe they were heart (?). So he does the TV analyst for a while then begins coaching again. It makes me wonder what he did at Florida that made his wife make Urban quite at Florida.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Yay Zombee! And he's got his old avatar back too! :mrgreen:

*leaves the boys to get back to football*
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4695 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:

He is a great coach, but there is one thing that always bugged me about him. He said he quite Florida because of health reasons, I believe they were heart (?). So he does the TV analyst for a while then begins coaching again. It makes me wonder what he did at Florida that made his wife make Urban quite at Florida.

He's a **** for leaving Florida for sure. But still a great coach. Saban is about the same.

• direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    ^^Saban's a great coach and I wish he was coaching my team, but he does come off as a **** sometimes. Especially when he loses. I guess hes just not use to losing.
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4695 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    henpot7514 wrote:

tumblr_ljb58a0j9Y1qixleeo1_500.gif

Hey Joo-liet!
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4695 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    ^^Saban's a great coach and I wish he was coaching my team, but he does come off as a **** sometimes. Especially when he loses. I guess hes just not use to losing.

You get used to winning a championship every year..... :roll:

Roll damn tide..... :x
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2015

You get used to winning a championship every year..... :roll:

Roll damn tide..... :x

Been there before and boy was it sweet. :mrgreen:

I miss the 90's :(:(:(
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4695 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    :lol: Yeah Nebraska was a * in the 90s....
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't have a dog in this fight but i hope for a good game. Here's what I want to see...

-- both teams score 40+ points
    -- pick-6 for at least 60 yard TD
    -- punt returned for at least a 70 yard TD
    -- field goal or pick-6 for the win

:D

Edit: Oh hi Zombee! :)
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    henpot7514 wrote:

Forum fun!
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Wow I'm surprised how this game is going but it's far from over. I"m rooting for Oregon but I could really care less. No Stanford/no Cal/no team I REALLY hate, I don't care much.

@ZOMBEE sweet avatar, I'm so stoked the new season's started finally!
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    What a disappointing showing by Oregon. Was Ohio the first team they played with defense or what? 465 yards, 4 turnovers including 3 recovered fumbles to only get 20 points. I was hoping for a crazy high offense game like what we all expect from the elite college teams (or Oregon all season). Oh well, good luck in the pro's seniors.
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4695 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Wow.... didnt expect Ohio State to dominate the way they did in the second half. Congrats to the Ohio State University!

9 more months til next season! :x
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Wow.... didnt expect Ohio State to dominate the way they did in the second half. Congrats to the Ohio State University!

Right? Everyone kept talking about Oregon's offense all year... um, what offense? Too many dropped passes, penalties, and Mariota was incredibly underwhelming. His passes were way off too many times for a Heisman winner. Oh well, let's go Colts!!! 8)
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:

Right? Everyone kept talking about Oregon's offense all year... um, what offense? Too many dropped passes, penalties, and Mariota was incredibly underwhelming. His passes were way off too many times for a Heisman winner. Oh well, let's go Colts!!! 8)

I had a feeling Mariota wouldn't do to hot. I can't even remember when the last quarterback that won the Heisman trophy also won the National Championship as well.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!