EA Forums - Banner

Stopped getting bells in neighbors towns!

I'm trying yo get the island. It'll be close, but visiting neighbors towns, the counter stopped! The last four towns I visited I tapped bells, and in two of them I tapped the elf cannon, and my bell total didn't increase.

Is anyone else having this problem!

You only get a limited number of taps, so if you have 100 neighbors, not every tap will produce bells. Only the first guesstimate) 60 taps results in bells. This is why many only tap doors and cannons.

Replies

• suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm trying yo get the island. It'll be close, but visiting neighbors towns, the counter stopped! The last four towns I visited I tapped bells, and in two of them I tapped the elf cannon, and my bell total didn't increase.

Hi neighbour,

Have you tried completely closing and logging out and back in? I'm not sure if it will fix the problem but if a glitch happened, and the visits didn't register with your game, you may be able to go back and get the bells for the visits that you did not get credit for (something similar happened to me a while back and I saw after going back that with the visits I didn't get credit for I still had all 3 taps available. I'm hoping it's the same glitch and this will work for you too).

EDIT: I just visited you so you should have some bells waiting. :D
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    suetopia wrote:

Hi neighbour,

Have you tried completely closing and logging out and back in? I'm not sure if it will fix the problem but if a glitch happened, and the visits didn't register with your game, you may be able to go back and get the bells for the visits that you did not get credit for (this happened to me a while back and I saw after going back that with the visits I didn't get credit for I still had all 3 taps available. I'm hoping it's the same glitch and this will work for you too).

I'm confused. Are you tapping in neighboring towns and not getting bells or are you literally getting the bells, but your counter is increasing?
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:

Hi neighbour,

Have you tried completely closing and logging out and back in? I'm not sure if it will fix the problem but if a glitch happened, and the visits didn't register with your game, you may be able to go back and get the bells for the visits that you did not get credit for (this happened to me a while back and I saw after going back that with the visits I didn't get credit for I still had all 3 taps available. I'm hoping it's the same glitch and this will work for you too).

I'm confused. Are you tapping in neighboring towns and not getting bells or are you literally getting the bells, but your counter is increasing?

Hi Matt!

If it's the same type problem I had, then she has not reached the daily limit and is not getting credit for the bells she has tapped on and should be getting credit for. With me, the bells appeared when I tapped the item, but did not add to my total. I hope that makes sense. :D
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    mattruns84 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:

Hi neighbour,

Hey Matt,

If it's the same type problem I had, then she has not reached the daily limit and is not getting credit for the bells she has tapped on and should be getting credit for. With me, the bells appeared when I tapped the item, but did not add to my total. I hope that makes sense. :D

It did... whoops... um... try what Sue suggested with force closing the app. Sometimes synching the game helps.
  • pattimesseng
    132 posts
    edited January 2015
    Suetopia is correct.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.