EA Forums - Banner

Option to allow US to choose the season?

I would love night time, like in Animal Crossing.

Replies

• Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Why does it have to be the US? Why can't Canada choose it sometimes?... :wink:
  • smohqy
    2106 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Bravewall wrote:
    Why does it have to be the US? Why can't Canada choose it sometimes?... :wink:

HIYO!

Actually, Canada should be winter for half the year.
  • velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Would this be very programming intensive? Would it add too much and lag older devices?
    I love the idea but can't help but think if one more strip of land is going to effect game play for them, this could as well. Someone with programming knowledge needs to answer.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11610 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    i'd love to see downloading 440 mb of files every time you wanna switch though ;)
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    i'd love to see downloading 440 mb of files every time you wanna switch though ;)

It'd stay one season in my town, then. :lol:

I like the night option. Sell an item like the festive light plunger that switches to nighttime. We could ACTUALLY use our light posts then.
  • Rooneytoon
    162 posts
    edited January 2015
    Would this be very programming intensive? Would it add too much and lag older devices?
    I love the idea but can't help but think if one more strip of land is going to effect game play for them, this could as well. Someone with programming knowledge needs to answer.

Yes, because every little thing would need a different skin for each season.. (snow covered or not, trees with different colors for spring etc.). So for let us switch it every time, all the skins had to be saved and downloaded at the same time. Since there always is an Appstore update needed to change the look, I would say, its a huge thing and not that easy to switch between the skins..

Night/Day is a long dreamed thing of all of us, but could be the same issue. Don' know how it would be possible without reloading everything all the time. But it would be hilarious to have it (device clock addicted)...
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited January 2015
    Ha in Aust, NZ, parts of Africa and S.A. It's now summer so to them the snow made no sense. They get snow in June and July if at all
  • zombieleela1
    82 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Ha in Aust, NZ, parts of Africa and S.A. It's now summer so to them the snow made no sense. They get snow in June and July if at all

It doesn't matter if it's not winter in the southern hemisphere, as it IS winter in America (where the fictional Springfield is).
  • goldenredp961
    84 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I feel like winter should last a little longer, at least until the end of February or the middle of March. Having the snow only last for a month in December and a half into January seems a little....short. Besides, it's best to keep it uniform anyway, as it'll cause connection problems when town A has snow, and it has a fantastic connection on the newest computer technology, while its neighbor, town B is in springtime mode, whose computer is slightly older by a few years, and it causes connectino problems.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.