EA Forums - Banner

Nuking was a baaad idea..

Prev13
This first part is strictly MY experience:
Around the first of the year, I elected to throw a tantrum and nuked my town. Later, after my diaper was changed, I got over myself and prepared to rebuild. I started an entire new concept for my town, building a massive seawall with concrete walls, and then nuked again after about an hour of that. Then, I rebuilt most of my town back to its original form in about 8 hours, off and on.

My point is that if you're just rebuilding the way it originally was and are interested in just getting rid of clutter, nuking isn't bad. But, if you're doing a massive redesign, prepare to be there a while.

OP, I hope you have fun rebuilding and don't forget the Showcase section for inspiration. :D

Replies

• obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I also just nuked my town. I'm having fun with it though it can be frustrating if you make a mistake. Especially with the walls, hate trying to grab that one wall and failing again and again. My biggest issue is not being able to log on this Sat. morning when I have to time to do this.
  • Annathewicked
    4712 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I loved nuking my town..... Vast expanse of green to play with.......... It takes time yes, but it was worth it for me in the long run
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • barryriddl474
    4814 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    My biggest issue is not being able to log on this Sat. morning when I have to time to do this.

Server currently down here too.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I loved nuking my town..... Vast expanse of green to play with.......... It takes time yes, but it was worth it for me in the long run
    I agree!

There are a few things you have to have in mind when nuking. I'll tell you some I had from personal experiences.

First I understand how overwhelming it must feel to see all that empy land but it ain't as bad as you think. When I nuked my town last summer, I was pretty much out of land. After nuking my town, it only took me about 2 days to get all the roads and buildings where I wanted them. After doing that I ended up with a ton of free space for more buildings that lasted me all the way till now! :shock: :D

It also polished up how my town looked. I always try to make my town look as realistic as possible, and towards the end of my last design it started to lack that look. Now it looks very presentable. (Though it's still a work in progress in some ways.)

Another great thing about nuking your town is you won't be bored for a while. During periods like this when we get very few real update this will keep you busy until new stuff comes. Actually I'd say this was the perfect time to nuke.

Finally you'll actually stay in your town for a while after collecting after a full redisgn, since it'll be something new. It won't bore you like the old design did.

It's all really about how you look at the situation. Just enjoy rearranging the town. It's the whole purpose of the game. :lol:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    It is challenging, but may lead to more happy tapping. I guess it is a trade off.
  • tgyberg70
    250 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I dont think I will ever nuke. In fact, I may add a second key holder that must be present in order to do so! :lol:
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited January 2015
    I almost did after Xmas because my town was a mess. But I decided to take it apart piece by piece and fix it that way. It would take me WAYYYY too long if I nuked it.

Reading these comments though kind of makes me want to. My problem is, I'll nuke it, start building and then either get busy/get bored and walk away from the game. The next time I'll come back, instead of happily clearing handshakes/tasks/etc, my town is a big empty mess that I need to deal with. I think the only time I'd really consider it, is if I was realllllly bored with nothing to do for a whole day at least.
  • sacrlc
    15 posts
    edited January 2015
    I'm so glad I saw this thread. I was wondering if I wanted to use the nuke to rearrange a few items, now that I know it blows up the whole town, I will stick with the rearranging without nuking. <whew> dodged that one.
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited January 2015
    thats why i start a new town whenever i want to redesign.
  • xxx_MCBAIN_xxx
    145 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    As soon as the event was over I nuked my town for the first time.....I went for a minimalist approach. More paths and less roads
    :D
  • Samaranth01
    2181 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I thought about nuking my town but decided against it for now. There are several parts that I like a lot and I'm not sure I'll be able to recreate them. I'm not really pressed for land right now and have houses I can sell if I need room, so I'm seeing what I can do with redesigning in place for now, but I'm not dismissing it as an option in the future. :)
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I thought about nuking my town but decided against it for now. There are several parts that I like a lot and I'm not sure I'll be able to recreate them. I'm not really pressed for land right now and have houses I can sell if I need room, so I'm seeing what I can do with redesigning in place for now, but I'm not dismissing it as an option in the future. :)

I know the feeling and I have chickened out in the past but have seen a few redesigned towns now and they have all looked even greater!
    I am making sure I have enough money for new decorations for a nuke, enough in case of a level update and for the oil rig. Enough time to chicken out again :roll:
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    OP, I hope you have fun rebuilding and don't forget the Showcase section for inspiration. :D
    :thumbup:
  • jen0912
    243 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I nuked my town at the best possible time, back when we had a lull between updates, I think it was around August? Anyway, it took me weeks to get it the way I wanted it and although I found myself thinking what on earth have I got myself into every 5 minutes I'm sooooo glad I did it in the end. Having said that, I've sworn I'll never nuke again :lol:
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I have been really tempted to nuke for a while. This thread is not helping my temptation. :lol:

Good luck, OP!
  • mudkicker7672
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I nuked krustyland after i bought all land. It took about 90 minutes to redesign it. I suggest start there to get a feel for what your in for.
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I nuked ages ago and still haven't finished putting Sprinfield back together again. I started off strong but - at the landing zone and around the edges - but it was taking so much longer than I thought it would, so I guess I just lost momentum. Sorry, neighbors!
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited January 2015

Thank you all for your input. I came to this decision after nuking Krustyland a couple of months ago.

It is true that it will keep me busy and with the only thing missing (I am a premium player but by no means a completionist) to be the Chocolate building I sure have the time to do whatever I please even if an update starts next week.

But it’s true if you don’t have the money and the time to do it, it might turn out to be a waste of time.

Also I try not to go to the showcase when i want to redesign. I have this obsession over making it my own way. Unfortunately my own way sucks on 3d perception.

Anyway so far I’m almost over with the industrialised area. Burns manor is next!
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I was planning on nuking mine after the next level's quest line was finished but frankly I am not feeling up to it. Nuking will remove everything possible but it'll also mean a lot of frustration and trying to conform my ideas to what people perceive your town should look like- and I hate that.

Try a big redesign the old way before nuking, storing smaller areas and reworking one place at a time might be better for you thank a blank slate. It'll also keep your neighbors happy since they can still tap your town without thinking about deleting you :wink:
  • Big82S
    564 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I haven't nuked yet as I am still playing quest keep up as im level 48 but haven't yet got all the free charachters as im about to unlock the chocolate factory and so on n so fourth.

it should be the scene where when you press to nuke the town it shows homer fall dead against the area where the red button is and you see Ned Flanders go few then simpsons tounge hits the button and you hear bed about to so swear holy * or whatever then you see the town expode with a mushroom cloud.

Honestly Id nuke the town a few times just for that.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!