EA Forums - Banner

Part of town you are reluctant to touch/renovate/store?

Prev1
efin98
5856 posts Member
Event zones (xmas, easter, halloween, ****, stonecutters, valentine), frink/volcano area (with everything technologic and a lot of 3d), the east side of the town with all the tall aspirationals and skyscrapers so they don't cover anything in town.

Replies

• TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    My thunderbirds and starGate homages.
    Which unfortunately are at the top and bottom of the right hand strip of land (that I've bought so far), which makes developing stuff around them even more of a challenge :(

They're going to have to move at some point, but contain loads of trees and walls and stuff, so it's going to be a big job - which is why I'm putting it off :D
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    An area around SF mountain. I couldn't stand the thought of nuking my town and having to go through putting everything back the way it is around that area. I have just done a little mini change around instead. Saved a lot of hassle.
  • PatrickSays
    1139 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Has to be event zones and squid port, working with tiles and railings gives me a headache! 8)

Edit: I've redesigned areas with tall buildings a few times and liked it. Just recently moved a Homer-King Kong skyscraper to center of town.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    The part of town I'm afraid to touch is the new strip of land.

I expect that it would move my LZ one square to the right of my town center.

And I wish I wasn't so concerned about that. But I am.

So the day I finally commit to buying the first new acre, is the day I will have to split my SF in half somehow, and shift the most of it 'east' one square.

THAT would be a huge project. I really really wish we could select groups of items and shift them all together. (That's why I made a poll about it!)
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I got the fort sensible first church of lard lad and the cofc castles as well the freak show tent , ice castle in one part of my town which I am satisfied the way it is and I don't think I'll move that area at all
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I just did a lot of major redesigning during the Christmas update, and now I've almost got enough money to buy the last strip of land - which means moving everything around again.

There are parts that I'm dreading moving, mostly because I've done it before and they're decoration heavy. Lots of storing, placing, tweaking, fighting with the stupid select-cycling, etc. Nothing I'd consider untouchable, though.
  • 0ReganPOOP
    193 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I really like what I've done with my Barbarian Castle from the **** event. It would be a pain to remove or renovate that area.
  • suetopia
    4219 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Great topic, efin!

I hate touching any part of my town, although I have had to move some things around over the last few months (certain buildings due to space restrictions, my warehouse district just before Halloween and my Mansion area just before Christmas to fit in the Quimby compound - that was a tedious one because I just moved everything over a couple of spaces until I had the right amount of room to fit the compound in). But what can you do? Sometimes things have to be moved to keep Springfield looking spiffy, right!?!

The area that I would hate to touch the most, though, is my Stonecutters area. I spent so much time getting everything to fit, and actually look okay, into the space I set aside for it. It is my favourite part of my town. I didn't do anything special like 3d effects, but I just like the way I set it up!
  • Samaranth01
    2180 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    The Wolfcastle and Burns' estates and the Budest Temple. I'm rather fond of the way they look. I am doing a little redecorating on the Budest Temple right now, replacing some of the flowers with Bonsai. :D
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I put myself in a catch-22: I saw some design ideas I hadn't seen before based around some of the restaurants and shops and I might possibly start moving some buildings around starting with the neighborhood next door. Moving the neighborhood means neighbors will have to search for buildings which cuts down on some of the visits costing me money... :roll:

So battle of "what's more important: looks or money"...
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited January 2015
    I don't want touch my dedicated "event that shall not be named" area. It is in the corner and I get a giggle when I have Rod and Todd playing on the see-saw in there :-)
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I hate moving anything with a lot of trees around it. I hate moving trees.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Some areas are now sacred, I have not changed them for several years and doubt I ever will.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    Event zones (xmas, easter, halloween, ****, stonecutters, valentine), frink/volcano area (with everything technologic and a lot of 3d), the east side of the town with all the tall aspirationals and skyscrapers so they don't cover anything in town.

This. I've worked hard on my event/ holiday areas and I'm not going to change them anytime soon. That, and my strip mall. It took me a long time to get it just to my liking and I really enjoy. Finally, my train tracks. I'm wanting to expand it and (hopefully) add some Choo Choo Choose you trains to complete the illusion.
  • suetopia
    4219 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:

This. I've worked hard on my event/ holiday areas and I'm not going to change them anytime soon. That, and my strip mall. It took me a long time to get it just to my liking and I really enjoy. Finally, my train tracks. I'm wanting to expand it and (hopefully) add some Choo Choo Choose you trains to complete the illusion.

I really like what you have done with your train track area! It looks great!
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    mattruns84 wrote:

I really like what you have done with your train track area! It looks great!

Thank you, Sue. I got it and some other of my favorite ideas on the forum from you smart tappers. It'll hopefully make it's way down to Squidport to pick up the beachgoers and vacationers. :thumbup:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    It's always difficult for me to move something I had trouble placing and then finally liked the looks of. Sometimes, though, something comes along that fits the space better, and eventually I have to bite the bullet. Two examples spring to mind from my own town.
    The first is my Little Black Box and King Homer tower, which I arranged next to each other at the far end of town, near Clausco. I thought it looked pretty good. Then the Toy Workshop came along, and of course that has to go near Clausco. So the Little Black Box shifted to a lonely corner and King Homer went back into storage. I still haven't figured out how to re-work that design, because the tower is too tall for most areas.
    The second is Springfield Downs, which I had near Nelson's house and the unemployment office. I liked it where it was, but it became increasingly obvious to me that the Spruce Caboose needed to take its place. I ended up moving my high school entirely and rearranging a good chunk of that area to make it work. Even put the Little Black Box near the Downs, though it's still lonely. The good news is that I think a lot of it looks better, now.
  • BaileyCat88
    259 posts
    edited January 2015
    I created a Hindu mandala with the golden goddess in the center. I really like it. Eventually, it had to become part of the **** castle as the town grew. It's still there, but now Homer's statue is in the center. It would take forever to move!
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Thought my Halloween zone but I started screwing with that last night.
    I also have a hard time tearing down my Breaking Bad tribute **** area.
  • roperlego859
    488 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    My Stonecutters lodge
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!